Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Elder Charms drop chance.

Hello, what is the drop chance for a piece of item on the elder charms?
    I have now used 29 elder charms and i have gotten ONE item, this cant even be bad luck...

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:23 PM ----------

Correction, 30 fucking coins 1 item

I've probably used roughly 60 coins so far this expansion and thus far I have gotten 3 items. At my rate its about 1/20 chance from a coin.

For me the chance has been about 33% the last few weeks but I think the actual chance is 15% or so. Yes, you're really unlucky.

Well, from my own experience I'd say it's about 1 item per 7 or 8 coins.

I thought Elder Charms just gave you a second roll? I'd assume it's about the same as getting a piece of gear in general.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think they stated it was 15%? Much like LFR drop chance.

Deleted
    15% and ive gotten a item on 30 coins, fun times on heroic bosses >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    7,5-15% depending on how many items you can win, according to sources.

For me so far it's been almost every other or 1 out of 3.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    I've had about the same, maybe a little better luck than you. meanwhile the people I raid with get bis sha weapons and head tokens two raids in a row.

Deleted
    32 coins 1 item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    I've had about the same, maybe a little better luck than you. meanwhile the people I raid with get bis sha weapons and head tokens two raids in a row.
    Maybe it diminishes the more paladin alts you have? RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Yeah I heard, Paladin, or even races especially Gnomes, greatly lower the drop rates.

Well for me it's funny.. I am the living proof to myself in regards how RNG works.
    My main get's showered with bonus roll loot. Pretty much on a 2:1 ratio. Every second charm wins something. Whether I actually need it, is another ballgame.
    My alt however, with him I can't win a single piece at all. All charms are wasted on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I see what you did there...

Deleted
    33 coins and one item, getting fucking fed up with this game

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    33 coins and one item, getting fucking fed up with this game
    What is it you don't understand with EXTRA ROLL and RNG. Just wondering.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I've gotten a lot of loot from tokens... Too bad I don't need the loot i've been getting.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    35 coins 1 item, dont give a shit what you say about rng. This cant be bad rng

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    35 coins 1 item, dont give a shit what you say about rng. This cant be bad rng
    It can be, and it is.

The former main tank of my alts' guild went a full year of ICC without seeing a tanking 1h drop, and he had only missed one raid night that whole time.

I know some folks who haven't won jack from Sha of Anger, and some folks who have gotten like half a dozen tier pieces off it. I know some folks who have only gotten one or two items from bonus rolls, and some who get an item every 2/3 bonus rolls. RNG is RNG.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

16%, assuming a winning roll is 85-100 inclusive on both ends.

RNG is RNG unless you're on the bad end of it. Then it's just a grand conspiracy.

That being said, I wonder if we would've been better off without the bonus rolls, because the perception of them has turned from "sweet, I get an extra chance at an item, better than nothing" to "I am entitled to a piece of useful gear when using my coin."