Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DKs Left out of 2200 Enchant Reward

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=58#1143

So basically, all the folks who had disarm enchants are gaining PvP power and resil. Meanwhile, the squishiest class in arena, Death Knight, is not gaining a 2200 enchant.

I'm really disappointed in Blizzard for neglecting DKs on this one. We've been asking for a new runeforge for a long time. I think a 10% STR proc with disarm duration reduction isn't too much to ask for in light of this enchant.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by hx9 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=58#1143

So basically, all the folks who had disarm enchants are gaining PvP power and resil. Meanwhile, the squishiest class in arena, Death Knight, is not gaining a 2200 enchant.

I'm really disappointed in Blizzard for neglecting DKs on this one. We've been asking for a new runeforge for a long time. I think a 10% STR proc with disarm duration reduction isn't too much to ask for in light of this enchant.

Cheers!
    You serial?
    I can't believe your actually serial....I mean come on.

If you like the PvP enchant use the PvP enchant, if you don't then use FC or w/e the Disarm Runeforge is called or maybe even a Weapon Chain. As a DK your not forced into using a Runeforge for PvP, it's merely an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rune of The Fallen Crusader is still better. Being disarmed as Unholy isn't terrible. For Frost it sucks, but you won't see anyone playing Frost in 5.2... at least in arena

And what the other guy said. Its not as if we're forced to Runeforge our weapons. If you think the disarm enchant is better, than use it.

I'm not going to lie though, this enchant gives Dual Wield classes a slight edge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Rune of The Fallen Crusader is still better. Being disarmed as Unholy isn't terrible. For Frost it sucks, but you won't see anyone playing Frost in 5.2... at least in arena

And what the other guy said. Its not as if we're forced to Runeforge our weapons. If you think the disarm enchant is better, than use it.

I'm not going to lie though, this enchant gives Dual Wield classes a slight edge.

with this logic applied then why dont rogue have to choose if they want poisons or wep enchants? its a class mechanic just as runeforge is, rogues get balanced around poison, blizz have balanced dks with runeforge in mind, i mean i'm pretty sure they dont sit at blizz HQ and says "DKs have a choise to make if they want to have more survivability and pvp power or just have more dmg, while all other classes will get free dmg and surv"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    with this logic applied then why dont rogue have to choose if they want poisons or wep enchants? its a class mechanic just as runeforge is, rogues get balanced around poison, blizz have balanced dks with runeforge in mind, i mean i'm pretty sure they dont sit at blizz HQ and says "DKs have a choise to make if they want to have more survivability and pvp power or just have more dmg, while all other classes will get free dmg and surv"
    Because poisons don't give Rogues a 20% Agility bonus.

If FC is better than the PvP enchant than DK's at the baseline have a better PvP enchant than a 2200 rated player. If we couldn't use the PvP enchant then you would have a point but we can use the PvP enchant OR you can use FC if you think it's better. Your working arse backwards here man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    If FC is better than the PvP enchant than DK's at the baseline have a better PvP enchant than a 2200 rated player. If we couldn't use the PvP enchant then you would have a point but we can use the PvP enchant OR you can use FC if you think it's better. Your working arse backwards here man.
    Every class has advantages. Runeforges are a DK advantage.

DKs are balanced around our runeforges being better than enchants. Stronger enchants weaken the advantage of runeforges and weaken DKs relative to other classes.

If the enchant is so strong that we would use it over a runeforge, the advantage of the class is completely eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Because poisons don't give Rogues a 20% Agility bonus.
    Poisons are basically necessary for a rogue for DPS, so not sure where you are trying to go with that.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue poisons aren't the same as weapon enchants. Runeforging is just a way for DK's to avoid paying 8k+ gold for a weapon enchant. Personally I would like to see rune forging go and DK's pay like the rest of us for enchants. Maybe blizz should turn rune forging into weapon buffs like poisons or shaman weapon buffs, things that alter play style or allow skills proc's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

DKs are balanced around our runeforges being better than enchants. Stronger enchants weaken the advantage of runeforges and weaken DKs relative to other classes.

If the enchant is so strong that we would use it over a runeforge, the advantage of the class is completely eliminated.
    Guess this depends on how much of a role you think FC plays in PvP for DK's. I think most rated DK's would tell you it's very little but I am not a rated DK nor do I speak for the entire DK PvP community.

IMO this is QQ, but people are welcome to get themselves wrapped up in this idea that DK's are somehow broken atm despite having the highest sustained DPS of any melee class in PvP (which ultimately we must pay a price for such as being squishy to other melee) aswell as being relatively competitive in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

Wow woah wow man, don't be coming at me with that logic and such.

I also agree op, I made this comment in some thread a blue was chilling in, hoping it would get read, but got no love:-
    Dks need to have a disarm reduction added to pvp gloves, or something similar.

In previous seasons it hasn't been an issue as you could just simply buy another weapon and swap between them. However with the current system taking a few years to fully gear, there isn't the spare points to buy a second weapon.

I don't think the fact that some classes need more than just 1 set of gear was taken into account when calculating item prices / amount of conquest you can earn. Not being able to access that gear is actually very detrimental.

If you're feeling super generous make pvp weapons cheap enough to be able to purchase 3 in a season, so we can rock spellshattering aswell.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2013-01-28 at 12:35 AM.

What he's getting at is the power differential will change. DKs will continue to use their runeforges while everybody else gains pvp power and resilience. That can accurately be seen as a buff to everybody but DKs. Whether it's a large buff, or will make the slightest difference in the grand scheme of things, is another matter entirely.

Im still trying to figure out how every class has gotten new enchants every expansion and we still use the same crappy ones from 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh they should make it a side-enchant like tinkers for DKs. Or make it a tinker all together so that people can still use dancing steel and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Im still trying to figure out how every class has gotten new enchants every expansion and we still use the same crappy ones from 2008.
    because our 'same crappy ones' are way better than the enchants given to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    because our 'same crappy ones' are way better than the enchants given to other people.
    Indeed, and while other classes are stuck with their Dancing Steel(or whatever it is) as a stable proc, Fallen Crusader gains more value the higher iLvl you are.

I think its time for an overhaul of them all together. It's time for something more flavorful. Instead of just a static percent on proc. The whole idea of mop is to not make things cookie-cutter and to give you choices. Every dk uses the exact same runeforge setup, depending spec ofc. I just think they could do alot more with the runeforging, instead of the current state of things.

Deleted
    Got to agree with what people are saying here.

When I read that enchant I thought about our runeforges and they just do not compare to this. If DK's are not going to be allowed to use it then we will be at even more of a disadvantage to anyone else.

I know blizz feels they needed to add the disarm reduction to make it used above a weapon chain, but isn't that the point? Every class has to choose between a damage and disarm reducing enchant, dk's also in our runeforging have to choose between offence and defence.

Now other melee gets a damaging AND defensive enchant rolled into one, DK's get left behind as usual.

This class feels forgotten since Wrath.

DKs are balanced around their weapon enchants as much as any other class with the respective weapon enchant.

you can choose, PvP power, resil and disarm reduction, or Strength proc and heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Deleted
    To me it seems simple back in WoTLk when Dks were design with so many tools and abilities we had having the runeforge in addition to a weapon enchant would be too much.Runeforging isnt just a way for dks to save themselves to pay for an actual an enchant its part of the class abilities and our dps either for pvp or pve is balanced around it.Now rogues or shamans for that matter can apply their poisons and their weapon enchancements in addition to an actual enchant i think at this point would be best for dks to do the same.

If not they need to update the runeforging machanic, a very good idea i ahve seen many times suggested by ppl is getting to apply 2 runes one for utility and one for actual dmg would solve a lot of issues with the class and make runeforging a bit more intresting.