Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    Sometimes they don't test 25 man.
    Oh, well then I guess they might be able to pull it out before March but highly doubt it. I would guess on mid March.

Still no news about disc PvP. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    A solo scenario makes an appearance.

Interesting.

Deleted
    Look! Shaman buffs finally! Are you happy now?

lol, jk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyn View Post
    Still no news about disc PvP. ;_;
    It's not that bad on the PTR. The glyphs being baked in really help QoL issues the spec has and it has scaled really really well with the increased stats on Tyrannical gear. Should be fine next season, but who knows.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I never understood why anyone thought MoP ´catered´ to players from China. It is a theme. I played games that didn´t even exist in china that had ´china theme´. I guess WOTLK was Blizzard trying to corner the Norway players? Uldum was there to grab those millions of egyptian players.

Now if Blizzard starts creating player races where the eyes are half the face.. then maybe..
    WotLK has no connection to Norway, there's snow or similiar landscape in many parts of the western world. Uldum is just one individual zone, they're hardly trying anything with it. However an entire expansion with an entire continent modeled after a certain country's culture, history, tradition and the race being its national "emblem"? Well there seems to be something there...

The declines from this game are gold farmers and Botters so I am not surprised it went down in numbers. I think WoW still has a good 5-10 years in it.

is the blood elf leader voice by the same guy who played fenris in DA2?

Deleted
    They are adressing the problem with more frequent content updates? Like we are in February and they released only one content patch since MoP launched? Pretty low standards of what frequent means...

GC: We don't want to give every single spec a 2 min cooldown or whatever. That really leads to classes all feeling the same.
    Hahahaha. Sorry this just sounds ridiculous. All classes already feel the same. Every tank has a 'shieldwall' ability for example. Every single dps spec has a 2 min or 3 min cooldown.

They have to be the same if you want to 'bring the player not the class'.

I am not sure what to make of the curse duo, but damn I miss Pico. At least she was real.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Hahahaha. Sorry this just sounds ridiculous. All classes already feel the same. Every tank has a 'shieldwall' ability for example. Every single dps spec has a 2 min or 3 min cooldown.

They have to be the same if you want to 'bring the player not the class'.
    He has always been clueless about priest problems. When priests don't function well (Chakra, and lack of shadowpriest cooldown), it's suddenly "diversity is good!".
    How on earth is not being viable to heal the tank for 30seconds (Plus not even excelling at what you CAN do during that time) or being the only dps class not having any burst a good thing?
    All the other 10 classes are more or less the same as they can perform any role as healers and all dps have a good cooldown. Wouldn't mind being different (It was a good thing in vanilla/tbc tbfh), but different @ priest means WORSE than the rest. GC should just shut it when it comes to priests and let someone else deal with it because he is clearly blind to priestproblems.
    GC should really try a holypriest on Lei-Shi and come back and say Chakra is fine.

Why do you think that making the game less accessible again would bring back the old times?
    This is an interesting question, especially for those of you that do consider reducing the accesibility of the game would bring back players. (As a side related note, since we're mostly talking about raiding content, remember that Patch 5.2 introduces a Heroic only boss, Ra-den).
    People who throw the "accessible" phrase around are being dishonest and disingenuous. The game has never been "un-accessible." If you think requiring time/teamwork/etc is inaccessible, then I guess Blizzard charging money for it also makes it inaccessible?

There are so many things that go into this sort of thing. It will always be a give and take type of deal. Obviously changing the game to a more BC type of system, would appeal to some players, and turn some off. Its really more about what kind of game they want to make. In my opinion, Blizzard has sold out; meaning they are changing the game to appeal to more players, instead of keeping the game on a path with how it used to be.

Personally I liked the BC model. I was fine with getting crapped on in heroics. It actually felt like I was going there to challenge my group, and use my skill set instead of AoE/AFK through trash and bosses so I can get my loot/currency, then grind them some more.

Blizzard is really in a tough position. They made Cata way too "accessible" and people got bored quickly. Then they set gaits/gates in MoP, where you have to spend time and people get mad people they don't get instant gear and reps anymore, and claim Blizzard is only appealing to the "hardcores."

In my opinion, I care more about enjoying a great, challenging game than making the game more friendly to a wider variety of people. I love that Blizzard is getting tons of cash, but at what cost?

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    I am not sure what to make of the curse duo, but damn I miss Pico. At least she was real.
    Agreed, I liked her a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Arms - Increased Deep Wounds by +100%.
    - Balance - Increased Starfire, Wrath and Starsurge by 9%.
    - Mind Blast - Increased Mind Blast by 20%. (Yeah I know you have to stop and cast it modulo procs, but I meant in contrast to Mind Flay which makes you really plant.)
    Anyone know if these changes have been implemented yet or if they'll be updated in patch?

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    WotLK has no connection to Norway, there's snow or similiar landscape in many parts of the western world.
    HAHAHAHAHA! You have no clue what Vikings are do you? Hint: they're not just a football team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! You have no clue what Vikings are do you? Hint: they're not just a football team.
    There was a viking theme in wotlk? It's been a long time since I've been in the game I guess, I barely recall snow and Ulduar...

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    There was a viking theme in wotlk? It's been a long time since I've been in the game I guess, I barely recall snow and Ulduar...
    The vrykul are mostly inspired by the Norse civilization of old.

Yey for Blizzcon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    The vrykul are mostly inspired by the Norse civilization of old.
    trolled lol

Such a picturesque view from the high in the clip, the lightnings on the dark sky looks perfect.