Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sounds like people not really understanding what the theorycraft is saying. For healers the general rule is stack spirit until you are no longer ooming, once you are finishing boss fights with over about 10% mana at the end, you start swapping spirit for your highest throughput stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I did get a healer kicked from LFR this week for doing 10k Healing... Not sure how much healing you were doing but there always seem to be 2 healers not doing anything.
    I don't know why people want to kick people who are low-performing from LFR. All you need is a few people with their stuff together and the rest doesn't matter.

It's like people are trying to make a point but it's a point that doesn't need making. If you are trying to teach people not to be lazy, LFR is not the place for that. Get off your damn high horse. You're special because you're doing top DPS or top healing or whatever in LFR? That makes you someone who gets to decide who should stay?

People who are offline, who are obnoxious, who are trolling, DPS pulling, tanks AFK, those are the people I want to kick. Some healer who is doing 10k or (here's my favorite) a mage who is doing most of his damage with Shoot, if the boss died, I AM HAPPY and they can stay in the group if that's how they roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So my question to you is:
    -Have you had people troll you during LFR like this?
    -How did/would you respond to it?
    -Are people really so dumb that they "worship the guides" and attack anyone who dares to take another path?
    People will troll anyone who they think is wrong and doesn't follow a guide. Only time I've caught myself telling someone they should go for a different stat was this one time an enhancement shaman was telling me Crit > Haste/Mastery and you should avoid them. I tried to point out to him the general consensus and that crit wasn't really good due to you get what you need from Agility, but that's a different story.

When people have told me I was wrong I just point out that sure the guide says this, but they also state (in case of healers) whatever spirit is comfortable for you. There is no right or wrong answer on how much spirit. People just see Spirt > Mastery > Haste > Crit and assume you are wrong. People could heal at +500 spirit on their gear if they want to or +5000, it doesn't matter. It depends on how you play and such. If you oom and struggle healing then you know you need more spirit. If you heal perfectly/topping and have half mana constantly then you know you can drop some and etc.

My personal preference is to go Haste to about 3500 (this gives me an extra tick or two on Eternal Glory + allows my slow heals to be 2 seconds prior to procs) making it feel smoother to me and that I'm not struggling to spam. With that setup I can spam Holy Light more and be way more mana efficient while sufficiently healing everyone properly. Whereas someone with less haste may want to spam Divine Light. So as you can see, there's already multiple playstyles.

People will be dumb for whatever reason. Generally in your group if someone wants to be dumb they'll find a reason no matter how small it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    People will troll anyone who they think is wrong and doesn't follow a guide.
    Going to have to stop you right there and say the word you're looking for is criticize.
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    No you misunderstand, most theory crafting is done under the premise of maximizing output in a standard raid situation. You seemingly don't understand, along with the people accusing you that it is for the most part designed around one scenario. Different environments lead to different variables lead to different results to get the most out of your character.
    I understand that, this was basically the point of my thread:
    Following the guides by the letter is mostly for normal/heroic raiding.
    Healers are different from tanks and dps and we don't really have "fixed statweights", it's all dependant on the form of the raid and other stuff, so people shouldn't attack healers for 'doing something else' as long as they do their job at 100%.

Unfortunately for you, you're playing a healer and the only thing you can argue as a healer for the most part is the value of spirit versus throughput stats in a given time - you cannot argue the value per point of a stat because it can be calculated for pretty much every situation where you're not under the influence of an external buff effecting them. If you're in the right in this situation, good job, that doesn't give you the right to criticize something you clearly don't understand because others clearly don't understand it either.
    I am not attacking theory-crafting, I am making a point to people who want to 'enforce' them in LFR on healers.
    Mana isn't an issue and that means those perfectly fine guides can be of no use.
    As long as a player understands his healing-class there can be different "right" paths.

Personally I think it's a waste to continue stacking spirit if you aren't going OOM.
    And I cannot just switch to my more mana-intensive spell because that's 'bad' in LFR.