Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now saving for the amulet. Currently only do about 2 dailies a week. I did purchase the warrior box which contained 2 rares, one of them being a shortbow. I've heard rumors that they are bugged and give gear not related to the class(which is true for me) and there should be a higher chance of exotics. I can't find any of this info though.

The only real value of the gear boxes, in my opinion, is for salvaging the gear obtained in them for a chance at an ecto.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I'm now saving for the amulet. Currently only do about 2 dailies a week. I did purchase the warrior box which contained 2 rares, one of them being a shortbow. I've heard rumors that they are bugged and give gear not related to the class(which is true for me) and there should be a higher chance of exotics. I can't find any of this info though.
    Idk about exotics chances but there is a bug. Rifles coming for rangers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only real value of the gear boxes, in my opinion, is for salvaging the gear obtained in them for a chance at an ecto.
    I didn't even think about that. So, from a money making perspective you could have a better return with gear boxes, if RNG loves you.

Gambling with laurels seems... expensive.

Nevermind. I just double checked the vendor and the gear is 5 laurels, I thought it was 2 for some reason. Yeah, I wouldn't gamble with that either. :P

2 things about the video, if you are going to waste them on gear boxes in hopes for a greatsword precursor dont buy the warrior box buy the guardian as they use less weapons, thus a possible higher chance.
    also buying a utility slot amulet with the guilded infusion 50 for both is the best possible use to gain money depending on your dedication to farming, iirc it only takes 20 cof runs for the guaranteed gold return to make that of getting dyes and selling them, then every run from any dungeons afterwards is more profit.
    lastly T6 mats include but are not limited to loadstones making the highest possible return on the T6 mat bag 9g+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you really sell all the stuff that you buy with laurels? Aren't any of the things account bound?

If you buy a box or something, would you mind to post what was inside it? I really missed this in the video, he did not buy anything, I was so curious what's inside those surprise eggs /:
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

gear boxes would only be worth it if it had a good chance (like 30% or so) of getting at least one exotic item.
    otherwise, no way i'd spend a single laurel to get a few rares unless they got a baddass skin which you cannot find anywhere else (as otherwise, it's again just a waste of time).

only things that would interest me so far are the infusions, particularly the Magical Infusion, that 20% per infusion slot is just... HUGE!

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm only using them for dyes at the moment, may not be very valuable but I like to do the daily anyway and sometimes I do it without even trying, just doing things I would normally do anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah I got lucky with one elementalist gear thing and got a staff that sold for 15g. Bought a few more and just getting rares so probably just gonna spend the rest on dyes.