Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MoP Legendaries are a joke. They should have scrapped the whole quest chain in the first place. Legendaries were awesome back in Classic but I think they have no place in Modern WoW now where everyone has a chance to be competitive.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am actively working on the legendary quest on five different characters. Four of them are at the collect 6K VP part. It is tough going but I am not complaining, just taking it nice and easy. Most weeks I don't cap out a single character.

I imagine that some parts of the chain are going to get more difficult as the expansion progresses (thinking mostly of the part where you have to gather a group to kill the opposition commander). However, I think it is fine as it is, you don't need to complete the chain on every alt, just choose the one that will get the most out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    A legendary item is supposed to feel legendary i.e you put in a lot of time and effort to get it, and in this case I can't imagine that blizz would ever make the questline easier in the future for alts. I believe when they started the expansion they wanted your main character to have a lot of prestige compared to previous expansions, hence the game not being so alt friendly compared to before.

But who knows, I think its quite nice to take this approach whereby you will have to play each patch to get the next questline as it will really reward those players who stick with the expansion and complete all the content needed to get the final legendary item whatever it may be.
    I think it is safe to say the term "Legendary" has changed, and more or less. Items have shifted to the right. green items, more or less, are useless except to fill in on rares that you don't receive while doing dungeon levels (which used to be difficult) and rares, in a sense, have been replaced by epics. Epics now cover a wide range of items. Where epics used to be reserved for the few. needless to say the legendary items have taken the place of class quests. and are now "Expansion quests"

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    It's kind of ridiculous to ask for instant legendary on alts, don't you think? Tell me, when someone got the legendary staff in firelands, did all their alts also get one? No? Why should it be any different this time.
    They kinda did. That is, if alts were also casters. some guilds where handing them out for funsies
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    They kinda did. That is, if alts were also casters. some guilds where handing them out for funsies
    You still had to run the instance and they didn't all of the sudden make that shit drop in higher quantities in lfr dragonsoul.
    Anyways I have little doubts that they will let people start a later point of the quest somewhere down this addon.

Deleted
    Legendary quest line does not mean you will end up with a prestigious legendary. I like the idea of the questline but expect to see some major funneling at some point that lfr players will not have access to. The gems and what not are nice bonuses but they certainly aren't of legendary quality even though if they are orange. What is considered legendary is the wrathion questline.

You want the legendary on your alt?
    Get out.

It's funny reading this thread now because the questline was nerfed and will continue to be nerfed.

posts about a "legendary":
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'd like for them to make it more alt-friendly though.
    is this really what happened to the players? greedy little snots without a sense of what it means when not every stupid alt has access to an "legendary" item? the item is not legendary as it is - you're asking to convert it to something for alts? what if i have 12 alts? come on, show me some love blizzard! i pay monthly!

[...]

Yes it should be quicker for alts. Yes yes yes

It already is quicker than what your main did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    MoP Legendaries are a joke. They should have scrapped the whole quest chain in the first place. Legendaries were awesome back in Classic but I think they have no place in Modern WoW now where everyone has a chance to be competitive.
    You mean Sulfuras, which was replaceable by AQ?

Or Thunderfury, which was only good because tank design sucked?

no, enough baddies will already have the legendary. stop asking for more.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Because someone else having it totally affects you adversely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people need to make up their minds whether they are mad that everyone can get a legendary or they are mad that it is time consuming to get a legendary on all their alts.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Now I have to ask, are you yourself a baddie? A baddie at reading? It's about ALTS.... that means the mains have it already anyway....

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think people need to make up their minds whether they are mad that everyone can get a legendary or they are mad that it is time consuming to get a legendary on all their alts.
    There's truth to it...
    Yet, there are steps on the way, which can be quite harder to overcome with alts. Group quests come to mind.
    I was stuck on an alt for 2 weeks with the champion quest. Finally got a group of a few people, and we three manned him. A tank a healer a dps.. apparently much easier now than it was when the gear was not as good. I conclude down the road one may have to resort to the good old fashioned way...
    Run it solo and or with a buddy for an alt, once the next expansion is out, and most everyone can do it with ease whether alone or with friends.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Alts do not need legendaries. They do not need legendary gems - meta or otherwise - and they certainly don't need ilvl 600+ cloaks. There's a point where the handouts have to stop, and and I think that handing out legendary items to alts at a discount is just a bit too far.

Really, no-one should expect a legendary anything as standard for alts. They are already introducing catch-up mechanics for the legendary questline via upped droprates for the grind materials each patch. That's more than enough and addresses the reroll problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yet, there are steps on the way, which can be quite harder to overcome with alts. Group quests come to mind.
    I was stuck on an alt for 2 weeks with the champion quest. Finally got a group of a few people, and we three manned him. A tank a healer a dps.. apparently much easier now than it was when the gear was not as good. I conclude down the road one may have to resort to the good old fashioned way...
    Run it solo and or with a buddy for an alt, once the next expansion is out, and most everyone can do it with ease whether alone or with friends.
    They nerfed him weeks ago; you can probably solo him now depending on your class. Certainly everyone should be able to duo.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    Alts do not need legendaries. They do not need legendary gems - meta or otherwise - and they certainly don't need ilvl 600+ cloaks. There's a point where the handouts have to stop, and and I think that handing out legendary items to alts at a discount is just a bit too far.

Really, no-one should expect a legendary anything as standard for alts. They are already introducing catch-up mechanics for the legendary questline via upped droprates for the grind materials each patch. That's more than enough and addresses the reroll problem.
    I would agree with you, but the reality speaks a different language. You keep forgetting all the progression guilds that require people to have their toons geared at the max possibility.
    And then the open community, that requires someone to have 50 iLevel above the content they try to form a pug for.
    LFM MSV Normal, ilevel 510+ and vent required...... Ever seen such line?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There's truth to it...
    They greatly reduced his hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post

the legendary doesnt mean anything anyway its just a way to augment your char further, to be competetive on your alt you also need these items so once your main has completed a part it should be a lil faster on your alt to complete.