Upgrading trinkets

Warriors,

I have a Relic of Xuen, and a Helmbreaker's Medallion. (these are the most popular trinkets of the 5.0/5.1 cycle it seems, and i own both)

If i had to choose between upgrading one or the other to last me the entire 5.2 patch, which should it be?

Neither. Look at the 5.2 trinkets, and you'll see why your current trinkets are garbage in comparison.

Upgrade the medaillon, unless you're an engineer. It's BiS along with the one from will of the emperor.

5.2 trinkets do not matter as far as upgrades are concerned, not sure why asmodejj brings that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Upgrade the medaillon, unless you're an engineer. It's BiS along with the one from will of the emperor.

5.2 trinkets do not matter as far as upgrades are concerned, not sure why asmodejj brings that up.
    Because he should be focusing on upgrading more useful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    1. Valor gets reset when 5.2 is released.

2. There is no item upgrade at least initially in 5.2.

In other words, go ahead and spend your VP on upgrading weapons and trinkets to make progression easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    More useful things? What could be more useful after your weapon?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    More useful things? What could be more useful after your weapon?
    If i'm not mistaken, Chest, Head and Legs are the slots that get the most stats/ilvl, shouldn't they get the priority after the weapon upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, Chest, Head and Legs are the slots that get the most stats/ilvl, shouldn't they get the priority after the weapon upgrade?
    The helmbreaker's medallion would give 1241 strength and 4135 crit for 15 seconds every minute. Up from 1152 strength and 3838 crit for 15 seconds every minute. So 74.25 more crit and 89 more strength. Upgrading a normal chest would give you 49 haste, 82 strength and 61 crit. Pants would give you 88 strength, 52 expertise and 64 matery. I'd say weapons > H tier > trinkets >= normal tier.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I like how you ask a a question and then answer it 2 posts later.

Weapons > Trinkets > Head/Chest/Legs > Everything else.

There aren't very many situations where this really changes unless your gear is all over the place ilvl wise.