Thread: NPC_Scan Help

NPC_Scan Help

I'm trying to clear the cache of npc's I've already "found" so I'll get the notification when they are close. Since hunter pets count as you finding them in the program all of the rare spawns I'm trying to find are already cached.... I've read on the addon's site how to do this but it's confusing to me. Wondering if anyone knows an easier way?

10+ Year Old Account
    open file location right click cache delete done

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 09:37 PM ----------

open file location right click cache delete done.
    Although be aware NPC Scan Has not been working since 5.1 and no update in sight .

C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Cache/WDB/enUS/creaturecache.wbd

This is the file you need to delete

I do not believe there is a way to make NPC_Scan not look at hunter pets. You're just going to have to log out in the area of a rare spawn, delete the file, and log back into the area. Avoid major cities if you're looking to limit the Hunter Loque's setting off NPC_Scan cache, for example.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tobia View Post
    open file location right click cache delete done

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 09:37 PM ----------

open file location right click cache delete done.
    Although be aware NPC Scan Has not been working since 5.1 and no update in sight .
    What are you talking about? NPC_Scan works fine for me?
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-02-11 at 03:10 AM.

for those running windows 7. click start button and in the search bar type 'creaturecache'
    then delete the namely file. must restart wow if done while game is open. not sure if /reload ui works

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use Wowmatrix to update you addons, it has a button built in to clean the cache on the updater screen. Very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    If you use Wowmatrix to update you addons, it has a button built in to clean the cache on the updater screen. Very handy.
    If you use Wowmatrix to update your addons, you should stop using Wowmatrix to update your addons.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.