Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yet to be concluded storylines?

What major storylines or characters have we yet to see completed or finished? Which could possibly be explored in future patches or expansions?
    Example
    Ozumat, Neptulon, the events that follow the Throne of the Tides.
    The Emerald Dream (Rift of Aln still present at the end of Stormrage, possibly hinted at being N'Zoth's doing.)
    The old power under Vash'jir.
    Azshara's where-abouts and the status of the Naga.
    The actual Old Gods (what we have fought was just a small representation of their power)
    N'Zoth (Metzen hinted that there was someone paying Deathwing's bills, and Hathen Kraul in Deepholm mentions that Deathwing's minions serve an even greater power)

Prediction?
    N'Zoth and Azshara centered expansion. We can explore the rest of the Neptulon storyline, be introduced to Zin-Azshari, explore N'Zoth's titan containment facility, possibly enter the emerald dream, and wrap up the loose ends of N'Zoth. I can see 3 easy raid patches out of that (Azshara, Emerald Dream, N'Zoth) with the possibility of a 4th with some new material.

What are your thoughts? What do you want to see explored? No matte how minor or major it is let it be heard!
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Deleted
    your forgetting to very obivious Burning legion theme they could follow.

Magatha Grimtotem with the Doomstone where we least expect it.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole Sylvanas + Val'kyrs story hook is an interesting thing to hear more about and the continuing battle for Gilneas is going to have to be resolved at some point too.

From a quick Googling, I can't find the transcript, but it was stated at a Blizzcon panel that the Ozumat/Neptulon storyline had nothing more to it and was considered finished when the Abyssal Maw content was abandoned. It has also been stated that the Emerald Dream raid instance was abandoned in preference of saving it to be the entire focus of an expansion, rather than being paid lip service in a single content patch.

Personally I think, based on clues through the Wrathion quest lines in MoP, and the constant hinting by the story development team that Illidan's story is not yet over, that the next expansion will be Legion focused. Many players, myself included, have expressed a deep weariness of the constant Old God/Titan explanation for the majority of conflicts.

There have also been many hints reiterated that the location of Arthas' body is still a mystery; so I think it will be quite some time before we go back to Azshara and N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    It has also been stated that the Emerald Dream raid instance was abandoned in preference of saving it to be the entire focus of an expansion, rather than being paid lip service in a single content patch.
    This has never been said at any point. The only people that have said that are players who will not give up the fact the Emerald Dream has been closed in a book and finished. It will never be an expansion, give up.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This has never been said at any point. The only people that have said that are players who will not give up the fact the Emerald Dream has been closed in a book and finished. It will never be an expansion, give up.
    "As for the Emerald Dream, there are no plans for anything as of yet but it is a consideration for the future. The Emerald Dream opens up a lot of different opportunities and the Burning Crusade is definitely not going to be the last of the expansion packs. There are many different places and storylines that can be pursued. The story is going to keep growing and as it does so, people will get to experience it."

This quote was the last official communication on the Emerald Dream other than vague "Wait and see, but not no" answers bandied around.

Stormrage did, mostly wrap it up, except for the Rift of Aln (http://www.wowwiki.com/Rift_of_Aln). That looks like a deliberate attempt to leave future lore development if it was desired. Personally I happen to think the Emerald Dream was an amazing concept but terribly developed and don't really -want- it to be used for an expansion, but to suggest that there is no possibility is demonstrably not true.

Quote there about the dream reads more to me like they might use it -in- an expansion, not that it'd be one on its own.

Really, it'd be hard to make it an expansion on its own, hard to make nondruids relevant and explain why normal druids aren't superpowered there due to having greater experience with it, hard to explain faction towns or bases, objectives would be trickier and narrower since it's largely an ephemeral realm, no real resources to draw on without causing damage to it which would make the green dragons unhappy... it just fits better as a zone or instance.
    Twas brillig

What's under Tirisfal?

what about northern plaguelands? and that instance in eversong that still hasnt been touched?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

The fate of Eldre'thalas and the newly returned Highborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post-Cata the nerubians are replenishing their numbers in Northrend. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The what-now?

Really, it'd be hard to make it an expansion on its own
    Bosh. If they can turn the 'isolated island homeland of the pandaren' into a continent spanning an entire expansion, they can do it to the Emerald Dream. There's a number of things they could do to justify the creation of settlements in the Dream, touch on the now Aspect-less green flight, deal with the Nightmare, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    What's under Tirisfal?
    This mystery is a personal fav of mine. My money's on corrupted Titan well of power, a la Un'goro, Sholazar, and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

I'd really love to know what they had planned for that portal in the top of Karazhan, with the gryphon roosts outside it. It's usually the unused or slightly unfinished stuff that interests me. Northern Plaguelands is also a good one.

As for Emerald Dream, I'd love to see an expansion about it, but I'll leave it up to Blizz to do it or not.

I honestly think blizz is done with azeroth for the time being

A chance to go offworld will give the devs a chance to let there imagination run rampant like in BC instead of just boring forests and snow tundras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastas View Post
    I'd really love to know what they had planned for that portal in the top of Karazhan, with the gryphon roosts outside it. It's usually the unused or slightly unfinished stuff that interests me.
    That was actually originally going to be a 2nd entrance into the Karazhan raid that you could use after you'd cleared all the bosses up to it. They decided not to use it and gave you an NPC that would warp you around instead.

Though there's good reason to go back and see bits of Karazhan we never saw before, as this thread speculates...

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

A chance to go offworld will give the devs a chance to let there imagination run rampant like in BC instead of just boring forests and snow tundras
    Please no, i don't want any space stuff like in hellfire or Nether storm.

There are so many stories to be finished!

Yet one i've been hoping for a while is the Koltira/Thassarian/Sylvanas storyline!

SPOILERS IF YOU DONT KNOW IT SO FAR

For those who don't pay attention to quest texts, Koltira and Thassarian were both Deathknights who joined seperate factions but remained friends.
    During the battle of Andorhol they both lead they're own factions army to gain control, At one point Koltira and Thassarian agree too stop hostilities between the factions and Sylvanas punishes Koltira for doing so (You see a portal to undercity open and an hook grab onto Koltira drag him in)

Thassarian then ventures onto Tirisfal Glades to find out what Sylvanas has done to him..

ethereal homeworld.

old gods on azeroth

old gods in space

the titans will be villains in an expac if they qarent all dead like the voice files in 5.2 hint at

the portals on outland

the burning legion is worth ATLEAST 3 expansions

azshara and the naga

the bad thing under tirisfall

what the trade princes are doing under kezan

the rift of aln is worth a daily quest zone + dungeons/raids not an entire expansion worth of content though

what sabellian is up to in outland or if hes ever come back to azeroth and if he knows his father is dead or about his brother wrathion

the void

probably more but im tired

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Please no, i don't want any space stuff like in hellfire or Nether storm.
    thats not space stuff. thats blown up fel tainted planet rocks stuff.

alien stuff would be like zangarmarsh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Is she the one who poisoned Baine Bloodhoof during his duel with Garrosh?
    If so, i hope she's already dead somewhere.

OP, i want to see what they did to Neptulon, Arthas' body (always tought he is too awesome to be killed by characters), and Burning Legion.
    I also believe they didn't develop Al'akir enough, but that's not relevant to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I honestly think blizz is done with azeroth for the time being

Because the crazy zones in BC were so well received.

Please, no more space stuff, just feels so wrong.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh