1. #1

    Post Bloodline Champions discussion

    I'm posting this now, because it seems Bloodline Champions is doing fairly well in 2013 and I believe it will continue growing this year due to great community effort. Have any of you played it and what do you think about it?

    I'm personally addicted to the game and I even make videoguides and other videos about it (find NiceBabyBLC on youtube). would say it's the best pvp game out there even though it has a very steep learning curve and can seem pretty confusing to begin with.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceBabyBLC View Post
    I'm posting this now, because it seems Bloodline Champions is doing fairly well in 2013 and I believe it will continue growing this year due to great community effort. Have any of you played it and what do you think about it?

    I'm personally addicted to the game and I even make videoguides and other videos about it (find NiceBabyBLC on youtube). would say it's the best pvp game out there even though it has a very steep learning curve and can seem pretty confusing to begin with.
    In all honesty it's an amazing game that doesn't get far the credits it deserves. I have played it a little, but atm Im enjoying planetside2 with friends more and Im waiting for GW2 to stir it's pvp up. I have very limited gaming time, but if I had more I would probably add more bloodline champions every now and then. But the game is free, and doesnt demand much computer power so might even work on laptop so I know I can pick it up anytime
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  3. #3
    Played it during beta/early release and it was a neat game, but back then the population was pretty low from what I remember. Not sure how much it has changed since then, but I did love playing whoever that long ranged cannon girl was. I remember she had one ultra long range snipe ability that really did the damage if you could land it.

    If you could tell me a little more about your experience with how it is now and if you played back then and could make a comparison I would be happy to hear it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Played it during beta/early release and it was a neat game, but back then the population was pretty low from what I remember. Not sure how much it has changed since then, but I did love playing whoever that long ranged cannon girl was. I remember she had one ultra long range snipe ability that really did the damage if you could land it.

    If you could tell me a little more about your experience with how it is now and if you played back then and could make a comparison I would be happy to hear it.
    US servers might be lacking a bit, but EU server has definitely gotten that in return. So if you're playing on US it's still doable, but EU feels really good atm. I feel like the game will grow this year considering all the community work put into the game.

  5. #5
    I have played it for a while, but lack of balance made me angry and quit (some op healers...). It is an heavy skill game, which is nice, you fight constantly but the lack of popularity made me not rethinking to returning. How many are playing on EU now? When I was playing, we had like 3-5k ppl max, normally 600-900.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,403
    Played like 5 games, the people I got match with where experienced and much to my surprise everyone , even the other team tried to help me and no one raged. I suppose that would go out the window if the community grew, but still gave me some nice memories and it was a fun game. Might try to get some games in with friends later.

  7. #7
    I would say the game is very balanced, balancewise it's superior to any other PvP game out there, there might be someone who's a bit above average, but there isn't really a big difference. For beginners a very skilled player might make it seem like one bloodline is over powered because they can play it so well, but that's the beauty of the game, you will be able to practice against the best teams.
    It can be frustrating starting out, so sadly a lot of people don't have the patience and leave before experience the beauty of the game. Just don't worry too much about rating when you first join, you have next season to make up for it (BLC seasons are not too long so don't worry about that). Worry about improving when you join, find some guides, ask some veterans for advice, look at streams (:

  8. #8
    just a qeustion:
    why would i play bloodline champions instead of lol/dota 2?
    what does it offer me that lol/dota 2 doesn,t offer?

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Some Random Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    350
    I absolutely love it! Playing 3v3 with my mates is a blast. The matches are short and fast paced, so you can just hop in and play a game if you get a couple of minutes of sparetime. And as people have said, it's heavily skill-based, and that's what makes it good. You know when you loose that the other player was better than you, there's almost nothing else to blaim on. Would recommend it to every PvP-junkie

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    just a qeustion:
    why would i play bloodline champions instead of lol/dota 2?
    what does it offer me that lol/dota 2 doesn,t offer?
    If you expect BLC to be a "better version" of lol/dota2 or any other dota clones for that sake, then you're not going to get what you want. (Because it's an entirely different game)

    BLC is a really unique game and you can't really compare it considering it's the first game of it's kind. Yes it's a "moba" but that's only because it actually is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, this doesn't mean it's a dota-clone, even though all other Moba titles would suggest that Moba means dotaclone, it's not the case for BLC.

    If you're tired of people ending up with better gear than you in the middle of the game, if you think target lock is dumb and doesn't require enough skill, if you hate projectiles that follow you across the map even if you blink away and if you don't exactly find minion-farming amazing then BLC is for you.

    Try it out if you have the patience for a really steep learning curve and don't expect it to be like anything you know before you've actually played it. Most people end up loving it once they understand the game.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceBabyBLC View Post
    If you expect BLC to be a "better version" of lol/dota2 or any other dota clones for that sake, then you're not going to get what you want. (Because it's an entirely different game)

    BLC is a really unique game and you can't really compare it considering it's the first game of it's kind. Yes it's a "moba" but that's only because it actually is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, this doesn't mean it's a dota-clone, even though all other Moba titles would suggest that Moba means dotaclone, it's not the case for BLC.

    If you're tired of people ending up with better gear than you in the middle of the game, if you think target lock is dumb and doesn't require enough skill, if you hate projectiles that follow you across the map even if you blink away and if you don't exactly find minion-farming amazing then BLC is for you.

    Try it out if you have the patience for a really steep learning curve and don't expect it to be like anything you know before you've actually played it. Most people end up loving it once they understand the game.
    I agree completely, I've played LoL since open beta, and BLC was just a fresh game i literally got done downloading and tried out today, I'm glad the OP made this threat, it is a very fun game that i would have never found otherwise.

    To the other quoted post, it is a MOBA but in the sense think 3v3 WoW arena style, no better gear for carries and all that, just completely skill based, almost everything is a skill shot, and there are tanks, melee dps, ranged dps, and healers as all the roles. The game itself doesn't feel like LoL/DotA almost at all, no minions, just players, WASD movement keyes with QERF and both mouse buttons as your abilities. Hopefully this atleast gets some new players to try the game out, it's free and all so no harm in trying it.

  12. #12
    Exactly it's free =)
    Considering the one similar just being half-launched is forge and it's 20 dollarz, makes me wonder why forge try charging the game when BLC is free :P
    And BLC probably works on most computers
    and it's fast and casual friendly if you just want a min or two fun actionpacked game time every now and then.
    It's a bit difficult to learn, but I liked that challange. However some are harder than others. I dont know what balance changes has happened since I played last time, but there was a ranged tank that felt noob friendly what I would have saved up for if I was to play the game regulary.
    Some people dont like challanges in games, for some strange reason, and that's probably one of the reasons it never made it big, and add to that none-existant marketing =( More people should def check this game out
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  13. #13
    This thread needs more attention. Bloodline champions in general needs more attention. BLC does everything right what WoW-Arenas did wrong.

    If you want to read guides infos and community stuff www.playBLC.com is your place to visit.


    On the game: Well it's super (I mean really super) fast paced.


    a vod of some high rated play: http://sv.twitch.tv/blchampions/b/322107424


    Just try it out and spread the word. The game is just that good if you like PvP. it's just the very definition of Arena play and skill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •