Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Let's talk about this Reckful donation.

In case you hadn't heard, two days ago during his stream Reckful recieved a donation of $10,000 USD. Apparently they guy he was playing with recieved somewhere around $21,000 USD. This is just insane. I don't dislike either of them. But am just baffled at that amount of money. Is this the beginning of some sort of super-fanboyism? Do you think they faked it for lols? Perhaps some poor guy's PayPal was hacked?

Personally I think it was some rich bloke who could think of no other way to get attention. Discuss.

Sodapoppin got ~30k? Really strange... I expect that guy to withdraw those donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Sodapoppin got ~30k? Really strange... I expect that guy to withdraw those donations.

Soda got a donation of 41k USD actually.
    From someone in dubai apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems odd, it's a lot of money just to flick off to some random from the internet, no matter who they are. Each to their own though, it's their money.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I'm pretty sure those donations were fake. Though, I'm not sure how you could fake something like that considering it goes through Paypal

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 05:20 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    I'm pretty sure those donations were fake. Though, I'm not sure how you could fake something like that considering it goes through Paypal
    The person donating can withdraw the donation before it goes to the other persons paypal. Somebody did it to Sodapopping before with 100k, the bigger the donation the longer it takes paypal to verify its correct.

Part of me is like, you know there ARE people out there who are filthy rich who have nothing better to do with it, then the other part is like...this isn't the first time i've seen a stolen credit card used.

Either way something will happen, be it we wait to see if the money is returned/withdrawn or if it sits there and once the time passes becomes real.

It wouldn't be the first time Soda has gotten large sums of money.
    A few months ago he got several 1k donations from a single guy, and the same guy also donated large amounts to several other streamers at around the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amhai, the one from Dubai making the donations, does this ALL the time. He gave away over 150,000 last year in donations. In a single day he gave Reckful, Vanguardz, Soda and a few others between 5k-8k each.

This guy clearly has a lot of money to just give away. This money is legit, and its making me want to stream

I actually just asked and reckful said he did get a legitimate 10k donation. Not sure about sodapoppin or cdew.

That's crazy though.

Next big guys in black suits shows and force buttsex on them ehehe.

On a serious note - there're ppls with enough cash to throw em away just like that. Mb some dubai kid got a hold of his fathers turbo-platinum visa and it won't be uncovered ever since it's such an itsy-bitsy part of the deposit

It's odd too considering that they didn't even do anything significant, you know. They weren't fighting for rank 1, it's not like the season ended and they accomplished anything, didn't win a tournament or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy for their good luck, and I suppose it's good that the money went to players who deserve it, it just seems kinda crazy. Then again, there are some really eccentric people out there..

I give it the benefit of the doubt. The guy is giving out way too much money for it to be "credit cards" or whatever dubious claims people are making about it. Burden of proof is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Was it the Prince?
    The prince is Yas. GM of Yäspresents. Hes paying top world PvPers to play in his guild and he funds tournaments.

Damn..sodapoppin must have jizzed when he got that donation. Anyone got a link to stream when they found out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, cute.
    I bet ahmai isn't even noticing it that he gave away so much money seeing that he is from dubai.

If you're really rich, 10k means as much for you as 5 means for the average guy. It's a nice thing he likes to share his wealth with people he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    Damn..sodapoppin must have jizzed when he got that donation. Anyone got a link to stream when they found out?

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    In case you hadn't heard, two days ago during his stream Reckful recieved a donation of $10,000 USD. Apparently they guy he was playing with recieved somewhere around $21,000 USD. This is just insane. I don't dislike either of them. But am just baffled at that amount of money. Is this the beginning of some sort of super-fanboyism? Do you think they faked it for lols? Perhaps some poor guy's PayPal was hacked?

Personally I think it was some rich bloke who could think of no other way to get attention. Discuss.
    I sense a lot of under-lying hate in your post. Good luck to them.
    Next topic.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:44 PM ----------

I actually just asked and reckful said he did get a legitimate 10k donation. Not sure about sodapoppin or cdew.

That's crazy though.
    who did you ask? Friends cousins babies sisters momma?

People who live on other people charity irks me so bad...