Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Honestly, if I was rich, bored, and--of course--a gamer, I'd probably drop some wild cash on my favourite streams. Why not?

What do you think video blogging is?

It's like being a rock star. Some get lucky and establish a reputation. Most don't. Eh, unless you're posting Minecraft videos. In which case, quit your day job.
    I dont consider niche internet celeberties as rockstars. Noone outside of Wow knows who you are, including most wow players. I know some people ask for donations to help with hosting servers and space, but Im sure it doesnt cost him anything to use a free service to stream games. Its just weird to give money to someone just for the hell of it. Not to help pay for web rent bills, but just cause...

Maybe there is someone rich that wants to give money to the first person to stream minecraft....Hmmmmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I dont consider niche internet celeberties as rockstars. Noone outside of Wow knows who you are, including most wow players. I know some people ask for donations to help with hosting servers and space, but Im sure it doesnt cost him anything to use a free service to stream games. Its just weird to give money to someone just for the hell of it. Not to help pay for web rent bills, but just cause...

Maybe there is someone rich that wants to give money to the first person to stream minecraft....Hmmmmmm..
    Why is it weird paying for entertainment? You pay when you go to the cinema right? Or when you rent a video? Heck, you even pay a monthly fee to Blizzard if you play WoW.
    This is something that has been done for ages, even forever. People pay for entertainment, Reckful entertain alot of people everyday, I realy enjoy watching his stream as I find him as a relaxed dude with good gameplay.

I can't understand why so many are against the fact that someone who enjoy the entertainment decides to donate a small percent of his money. (Yeah, they saw on the paypal site that he had about $160million on there, so 10k aint much). So I suggest you decide stop being jealous (No idea how to spell that) because someone actually manage to make a living out of something he loves doing.

edit
    And no, I'm no fan boy or anything, barely started watching his stream (Though I've been watching all his videos as they came out over the years).
    Last edited by Noxina; 2013-02-21 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    Just so you people know :

I'm from United Arab Emirates myself (the country where Dubai is located)
    some people here are richer than anyone else you will ever meet in your life, 10k$ is literally nothing for someone who counts his money in HUNDREDS of millions, i think some of you have trouble realizing how much money is generated by oil business
    as a side note, U.A.E has 10% of the world's overall oil reserves
    now take your car and go to the local gas pump, everyone has noticed how fucking expensive the gas is in northern america and europe

fun fact : The Dubai Sheikh's boat costed him ....... 1 BILLION dollars

there are dozens of people who have virtually unlimited money to spend on whatever the fuck they want
    This, 10k$ is nothing for them and they have the right to spend cash on whatever they want.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Odd, if I spent that much money on a stranger, I would expect some sort of "Happy Ending"...

Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    Just so you people know :

I'm from United Arab Emirates myself (the country where Dubai is located)
    some people here are richer than anyone else you will ever meet in your life, 10k$ is literally nothing for someone who counts his money in HUNDREDS of millions, i think some of you have trouble realizing how much money is generated by oil business
    as a side note, U.A.E has 10% of the world's overall oil reserves
    now take your car and go to the local gas pump, everyone has noticed how fucking expensive the gas is in northern america and europe

fun fact : The Dubai Sheikh's boat costed him ....... 1 BILLION dollars

there are dozens of people who have virtually unlimited money to spend on whatever the fuck they want
    yup Dubai is my hometown and most of the Emarati nationals are absolutely loaded with cash. they spend more on cars and a wild night out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Why is it weird paying for entertainment? You pay when you go to the cinema right? Or when you rent a video? Heck, you even pay a monthly fee to Blizzard if you play WoW.
    This is something that has been done for ages, even forever. People pay for entertainment, Reckful entertain alot of people everyday, I realy enjoy watching his stream as I find him as a relaxed dude with good gameplay.
    It's probably difficult for some people to wrap their heads around the fact that it's voluntary. Our society puts a great deal of emphasis on acquiring/maintaining wealth and furthermore a lot of people have such tight budgets that the idea of just giving away money is inconceivable. People pay for movies and video games because it's the only or easiest way to get what they want. If they were available from retailers for free, most of these people would scratch their heads at the donation box there too.

Deleted
    You guys think these are big amounts of money? Theyre nothing to him, its like if wed go to a vacation in some African country and gave some poor kid 50€.

Dont really get why you bitch here about, if its just jealousy, thats sad.

Im happy these streamers get donations, they help their wievers alot with tips and live gameplay.

Same Amhai guy just donated 22.1k USD to a girl streamer I've never ever seen on twitch before, below 100 viewers last week or something... Buying attention or trying to help the streamers becoming the next big entertainment deal for gamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Same Amhai guy just donated 22.1k USD to a girl streamer I've never ever seen on twitch before, below 100 viewers last week or something... Buying attention or trying to help the streamers becoming the next big entertainment deal for gamers?
    Yeah probably, he've done alot of huge donations to alot of streamers. But those I know of where all famous with some thousand viewers, now a person with under 100 viewers? He must have way to much money, he got no clue how to spend. Or he's a realy nice guy who like to help people out. Or the worst part - it's some sort of tax scam or something (Got no clue about this, if they can even fix some tax stuff with donating to eachother or something).
    But as long as there is no proof of that last statement, I'll go for the "he's a good person with shitloads of cash" explanation.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Wow.. there must be some jealous streamers out there...

Deleted
    Everyone seems so surprised about these donations. Not to be a spoil sport here but the money they are donation, is pretty much pocket change for a vast number living in dubai. A bunch of construction workers around here got recruited to work in dubai, building. 6k USD a month when in the UK they were just over NMW. Not only that but all their accommodation and living expenses were paid for.

If you look on the forbes rich list, check the top 10 western people, they play safe with their money, buying porches and mercs. Now look at some eastern guy, 9/10 he'll have about 5 ferraris, a few lambos etc, Eastern people are notorious at splashing out tons of money on random things, these donations don't surprise me at all.

Just like us donating 10-20 USD, to get a point across or see their reaction, same goes with 10-20k for them, it's pocket change for both people, just a matter of your background.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-03-18 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    People who live on other people charity irks me so bad...
    Eh money is still money, i'd never turn down donation from wealthy arab person!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was Yusuf.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYWUUCoUfyY

Or maybe, just MAYBE was the smartest move from twitch ever. I can see this happening, someone thinkin' : "Hey.. how do we get some idiots do use your site? Oh yeah.. Let's make a fakish donation and everyone will record their game" . Just maybe.

Nothing new here. Filthy rich guy donates money. Good for the streamer, good for the guy watching. Jealousy/publicity for the rest of us. (or indifference)
    Stay salty my friends.

Wow, necro this thread more please, its only like 1.5 years old :P Pretty sure it was some random rich dude from Dubai or something, with way too much money that was on a "sharing is caring" spree and gave out alot of money to alot of streamers, some known and some not so known.

Lmao he is so damn skinny, look at those arms.. I bet hes never worked a hard day in his life. I can't stand the whole fanboyism stuff, these guys play a video game as a career which is pretty sad tbh. We all know WoW pvp is a joke anyway. They better save their money for wrist surgery cuz all these nerds are going to need it.
    Last edited by Notnicebb; 2014-08-15 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnicebb View Post
    Lmao he is so damn skinny, look at those arms.. I bet hes never worked a hard day in his life. I can't stand the whole fanboyism stuff, these guys play a video game as a career which is pretty sad tbh. We all know WoW pvp is a joke anyway. They better save their money for wrist surgery cuz all these nerds are going to need it.
    Why is that sad? I'm sure he's a lot happier than you, seeing as he gets to do what he enjoys most and gets payed for it...Plenty of people don't have to work hard in their lives, but how is that any of your business? Not everyone is lucky or talented at something. One day you'll realise that's called "life".

Pretty sad? I guess playing it for no reason is even more sad then.

Boosting Arab Princes to glad has its perks I guess

That is the dumbest comment ever I think.