Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    100% she tried to kill him. Her first attack was a kill shot. It was a fierce battle.

You know I just can't take you seriously anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    They try to explain in books that teleporting isn't really that easy, both in and out of game. The fact Jaina can teleport more than just herself and do it more than once a day is another tribute for being a skilled mage.
    Teleporting can't be that hard when any scrub with a scroll can mass teleport in WC3. Anyone with a farm can grow a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because I cited a direct source that disproved your claim? I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Though he is correct, her spell was meant to kill Thrall.

ToW 289

Thrall flew backward, slammed hard by something lavender-white glowing. His world went gray for a second and he landed on his back on the sand, gasping for breath. His whole body shuddered, but he forced himself to rise and direct his energy toward holding back the tidal wave. The attack had not been intended to loosen his hold over the elements. The Attack had been meant to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Though he is correct, her spell was meant to kill Thrall.

ToW 289
    Yea, I'm confused because I quoted that exact same passage in the post he's replying to. Maybe he doesn't take me seriously because he doesn't notice all the sources I cite when I use the BBCode quotation tags.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-11 at 11:15 PM.

Yea, I'm confused because I quoted that exact same passage in the post he's replying to. Maybe he doesn't take me seriously because he doesn't notice all the sources I cite when I use the BBCode quotation tags.
    Possible, though I guess you will have to wait, until you get your answer, it is quite late here after all ;P

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Almost destroying Orgrimmar is a pretty neutral reaction to you? What?
    Natural, not neutral.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Natural, not neutral.
    When Garrosh destroyed her city, it is only natural that Jaina would decide to destroy his city as retribution. It isnt a neutral reaction, it's a natural reaction to want revenge. Good news is there is no longer any question about neutrality as the battle lines have been drawn. Let's go at it xD

Also I have no problem with anything Syl has done I may not agree with her tactics, but I understand what she is trying to accomplish. She only wants what is best for her people and tries to do anything that she can to ensure her people survive. Gotta respect that

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    When Garrosh destroyed her city, it is only natural that Jaina would decide to destroy his city as retribution. It isnt a neutral reaction, it's a natural reaction to want revenge. Good news is there is no longer any question about neutrality as the battle lines have been drawn. Let's go at it xD

She only wants what is best for her people and tries to do anything that she can to ensure her people survive. Gotta respect that
    1. Isn't that what I just said?

2. I thought so too until her short story where it was made clear she doesn't care about her people.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    2. I thought so too until her short story where it was made clear she doesn't care about her people.
    However, the ending of her short story and Silverpine questline kind of contradict that.
    "I was once like you, Garrosh," she answered, her voice quiet and steady, loud enough only for the warchief to hear. "Those who served me were tools. Arrows in my quiver."
    I am under impression that she does care about her people, a lot. The reason for her caring, however, is a separate issue, but even though it may be meaningful for the story, it's completely unimportant for the average Billy Barejoints, and this reason is unlikely to go away.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-02-12 at 02:09 AM.

She does care about her people even if it is in her own twisted way she does care if she didn't she would have went with garrosh's plan and just raised replacements and she seems to understand that ensuring the survival of the forsaken will ensure her own survival so she is in a way serving their needs so they can serve her. It seemed to me that the short story was about giving her a new purpose seeing as she was left with out one after the lich king died, for her to see she were she is going gave her a new purpose in order for her to survive the forsaken must prosper.

Also I have no problem with anything Syl has done I may not agree with her tactics, but I understand what she is trying to accomplish. She only wants what is best for her people and tries to do anything that she can to ensure her people survive. Gotta respect that
    Didn't Sylvanas make it pretty clear in her short story that the Forsaken were just a buffer from death to her?
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-02-12 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Didn't Sylvanas make it pretty clear in her short story that the Forsaken were just a buffer from death to her?
    As Haven pointed out. The key is grammatical tense. They were a buffer. Her position has changed.

"The army of undead that surrounded and protected the Dark Lady was still hers, body and soul. But they were no longer arrows in her quiver, not anymore."
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-12 at 02:19 AM.

As Haven pointed out. The key is grammatical tense. They were a buffer. Her position has changed.
    She can -say- a lot of things to her people, but of course she's not going to broadcast anything other than her devotion and respect for her people if she wants their continued loyalty.

I could be entirely incorrect. I'm just not certain how much her word can be trusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    She can -say- a lot of things to her people, but of course she's not going to broadcast anything other than her devotion and respect for her people if she wants their continued loyalty.

I could be entirely incorrect. I'm just not certain how much her word can be trusted.
    I added a quote that is narration, not Sylvanas' dialogue.

"The army of undead that surrounded and protected the Dark Lady was still hers, body and soul. But they were no longer arrows in her quiver, not anymore."

im guessing you havent read the short story? she could care less about the forsaken what the forsaken are is a nice big meat shield to keep her alive and away from the darkness of and undeads afterlife as long as possible.

they are tools to her nothing more "arrows in her quiver"

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:31 PM ----------

"The army of undead that surrounded and protected the Dark Lady was still hers, body and soul. But they were no longer arrows in her quiver, not anymore. They were a bulwark against the infinite. They were to be used wisely, and no fool orc would squander them while she still walked the world of the living"

what that means is that they are STILL tools. only their function has changed. before they were a weapon to be used for revenge, now they are a shield to keep her from ever going back to the afterlife
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im guessing you havent read the short story? she could care less about the forsaken what the forsaken are is a nice big meat shield to keep her alive and away from the darkness of and undeads afterlife as long as possible.

they are tools to her nothing more "arrows in her quiver"

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:31 PM ----------

"The army of undead that surrounded and protected the Dark Lady was still hers, body and soul. But they were no longer arrows in her quiver, not anymore. They were a bulwark against the infinite. They were to be used wisely, and no fool orc would squander them while she still walked the world of the living"

what that means is that they are STILL tools. only their function has changed. before they were a weapon to be used for revenge, now they are a shield to keep her from ever going back to the afterlife
    Sylvanas did not move or shy away. "I was once like you, Garrosh," she answered, her voice quiet and steady, loud enough only for the warchief to hear. "Those who served me were tools. Arrows in my quiver."
    She is making a clear distinction between how she was and how she is now. She used to look upon the Forsaken as tools the way Garrosh does.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:06 PM ----------

She tried to kill herself because she had no purpose after Arthas' fall. Once "dead" she was afraid of the eternity her soul would experience that torment. But she didn't accept the Val'kyr's offer purely based on fear. "This was her only way out. But she didn't want to give her assent out of fear. She waited until she felt something more. A fellowship. A sisterhood. Sisters."

She agreed to help the Val'kyr partly because she wanted to free them. It gave her new purpose now that her vengeance was fulfilled.

"Separate, they were all trapped. But together, they were free… and with them, she could postpone her fate." That "bulwark against the infinite" is as much for her people's protection as it is for herself. The Forsaken are no longer merely tools for her revenge, she feels a kinship with them now. She knows what torment awaits them all when they die.

EDIT: But I guess if you overlook the part about fellowship and sisterhood, then it's easy to come to the conclusion that she is just using the Forsaken as fodder to protect herself.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-12 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Brevity.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken are no longer merely tools for her revenge, she feels a kinship with them now. She knows what torment awaits them all when they die.
    Yet continues to raise more to suffer that same fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Being undead is not the same as what she experienced when she threw herself off ICC. That torment can't touch them so long as they stay undead.

Besides, everyone she raises can choose their fate. They can join the Forsaken, go off on their own, or go back into their grave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Or drags them out of horrible void beyond death.

Being undead is not the same as what she experienced when she threw herself off ICC. That torment can't touch them so long as they stay undead.

Besides, everyone she raises can choose their fate. They can join the Forsaken, go off on their own, or go back into their grave.
    you know that isnt true. when undead are freshly raised they are in a mad rabid state and do whatever who raised them say. if you woke up after having rabies and found out you ate your family would you find it that easy to go home? most people would just accept the best chance theyve got and just stay with the forsaken. not to mention simly being undead damages the mental state and ability to feel any kind of happiness or joy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552