Poll: Your favorite class for Tanking?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question [Poll] What is your favorite class for Tanking?

Simple question; what is your favorite class to Tank as in Raids and other PvE endeavors?

Don't forget to vote in the poll above

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior

you always have something to do

i have hated tanking on any class but a warrior ever since i picked it up in cataclysm lol

Deleted
    Warrior. Played prot warrior throughout wrath and cata and I still love it.

Paladin for sure. Warriors just make me cringe and I was prot warrior for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    warrior

you always have something to do

i have hated tanking on any class but a warrior ever since i picked it up in cataclysm lol
    I tell the guys who call the warrior faceroll that i have 48 buttons, 12 are for food and professions, the other 36 are for abilities and i use every single one of them when i am tanking. (I don't use them all on every fight, but they all get used on one fight or another)

Warrior hands down. I have Druid, DK, Paladin and Bear tank. They cannot compare in terms of fun due to the Mobility of the warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tanked in forever.. Don't like the spot tanks are in since some years..
    But then, my fav tank has always been Pally.
    Judging from healer perspective throughout the years the overall ranking would be:
    Pally - Druid - Warrior - DK
    I leave the monk out, since he's too fresh in the game.

My fav tank for a little while was Unholy DK's. While they were able to tank, they've been fun to run with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Warrior hands down. I have Druid, DK, Paladin and Bear tank.
    I just have to do this...
    You have a druid and a bear tank... intresting... :P

Started with Warr in TBC. Moved to Druid for a bit after that. Leveled and played Paladin tank in Wrath and finally settled for Deathknigh.

Haven't regretted it for a second. Love my DK so much.

If you had of asked in Wrath the answer would have been Paladin... but i tried to tank on my main in Cata and he was getting murdered and I never knew if it was because I was squishy and crap or if my healers sucked ass or a combo of both lol

I levelled and fell in love with Blood DK mid Cata and have been tanking with her ever since, still enjoy it too

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

At the moment, Monk. No other tank class symbolises just how important active mitigation is.

Not a good question design. You should be more specific.

My favorite leveling tank is Warrior. Thunderclap at 10 means you can sail through content and practically run solo dungeons by yourself. It's the best tank ability by far. All other tanks are a nightmare by comparison. Druids don't get swipe until...hell they keep moving it, I think it's in the mid 20s. Paladin tanks don't get the AoE Hammer until 30! And DK's don't get Death and Decay until 60.

Do you like to tab target? I sure don't. It's a fucking miserable way to tank and you might as well just abandon the idea of holding aggro or neatly piling mobs for quick AoE on any tank but a warrior. Plus, once Blood and Thunder arrives in the mid 40s, your DPS sails off the charts and in full heirlooms you probably will do 2-3 times more overall damage than the entire rest of the group put together.

However...when it comes to the end game...I love the DK "we heard you like cooldowns so we gave you cooldowns and cooldowns and oh yeah, have some more cooldowns" that combine with their phenomenal self-healing allow them to pull off the clutch rescue or solo the last few percent of that boss to avoid a wipe or run through old content singing "tra la la" and pulling the whole instance.

So for 1-80 powerleveling, my refer-a-friend is always a Warrior tank. But for my own enjoyment, I've been a blood DK tank since the very beginning of Wrath they were made fun of for being the "wrong" tank spec and I'm still one to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the mage option? And don't tell me mages can't tank, Gruul proves otherwise!

Deleted
    Death knight.

You'll always eb able to pop a cooldown for something. And the feeling of popping them all in the right order is..great (imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Death knight.

You'll always eb able to pop a cooldown for something. And the feeling of popping them all in the right order is..great (imo)
    Yeah, also i like to tank with 2 hand weapons, i don't know it feel way more badass (and not a staff -Monks-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I just have to do this...
    You have a druid and a bear tank... intresting... :P
    lol. i have a DK and a deathknight too

I love Warrior tanking. It feels so mobile. Second would be Paladin due to the fun of mouseover Avenger's Shield macros.

Deleted
    Monk followed closely by warrior. Both amazing in dungeons due to mobility and I love their AoE, but singletarget I much prefer monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantricular View Post
    lol. i have a DK and a deathknight too
    And I got two DK's. lol

Deleted
    DK good aoe and survival is huge, amazing for solo pre MoP