Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Why are women so afraid

So reading these forums lately(lots of posts by a few certain members about this) as well as a post a women shared on facebook got me thinking why are some women so scared of men been potential rapist, i have also seen women cross the road when approaching then cross back down the block to avoid walking past me and other men. I have seen and head numerous things lately about how all women should assume all men are rapist unless they are verified been ok (friend, friend of a friend etc..)
    So women of MMO champ, do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear. Cause this just seems odd to tarnish all random men you encounter as rapist. If you are scared what lengths do you go to, to protect yourself.

When i walk down alone at night i am not afraid of muggers or murderers walking the other way, it just seems odd and a little paranoid
    I do not think it is right just to assume every man is a rapist
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-02-11 at 08:11 AM.

It's a dumb "stereotype"; it's just as dumb as saying every African-American I bump into will mug me.

Really annoys me when women have these ridiculous preconceptions about men.
    I can't stand feminism, it's turned our world in to women can say and do what ever the fuck they want about men, and we just have to eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, but it never hurt anyone to be a little cautious.

15+ Year Old Account
    All men are rapists like all women are sluts.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I don't think so, but it never hurt anyone to be a little cautious.
    That's disgusting.
    I'm gonna start walking around with the notion that all women are dirty gold diggers that only want to marry to kill you off for your money.

Honestly, that is absolutely disgusting.

Deleted
    I avoid all women on the streets to ensure none of them accuse me of sexual harassment if I bump into them :P

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I can't stand feminism, it's turned our world in to women can say and do what ever the fuck they want about men, and we just have to eat it.
    It's a "Men are wrong" world. We just have to deal with it and hope it passes and equality will eventually get here.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I avoid all women on the streets to ensure none of them accuse me of sexual harassment if I bump into them :P
    haha very likely to happen sadly
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Don't trust strangers, even less so when it's dark outside. Even less so if I'm alone. It's not that I think every man is one, it's that I don't want to risk one being one if I meet them alone. Doesn't hurt to be cautious, rather avoid them.

Women have to take certain precautions like not walking alone at night because we face a higher risk of being attacked, it isn't that women assume men are rapists; it's just about being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    why are women so scared of men been potential rapist
    Average difference in physical strength.

do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear.
    You don't have to fear all men to be in fear. Do you constantly walk around thinking all residents of poor/bad neighbourhoods are addicted murderous muggers? No. That doesn't mean it's wrong to be apprehensive about walking, alone, in one at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's disgusting.
    I'm gonna start walking around with the notion that all women are dirty gold diggers that only want to marry to kill you off for your money.
    Yes, because I was suggesting that it's perfectly normal to sit in a room full of men and think that every single one of them is a rapist, and that they are just going to gang rape you in the starbucks of a shopping center plaza.

Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Don't trust strangers, even less so when it's dark outside. Even less so if I'm alone. It's not that I think every man is one, it's that I don't want to risk one being one if I meet them alone. Doesn't hurt to be cautious.
    so how do you go about avoiding it? this article that a person shared went on with all sorts, such as if in a lift make small talk with all the men, so you can get a good look at their faces because this will deter them(through the reasoning you will be able to give a sketch/pick them out).
    So from what you said its easier to assume the worst of all men to protect yourself?

Deleted
    Can't say I've encountered anything like this. But then again, I'm a guy.

And personally, I'd rather get mugged and murdered than raped. It's not a fair comparison, but still.

10+ Year Old Account

I say hello. I'm not as strong as the *average* male.

Either way even I get a bit anxious at night. Yes I'm a single male.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

You don't have to fear all men to be in fear. Do you constantly walk around thinking all residents of poor/bad neighbourhoods are addicted murderous muggers? No. That doesn't mean it's wrong to be apprehensive about walking, alone, in one at night.
    I get the strength thing but that is really no different than a mugger using a weapon.
    Also i haven't looked at the stats, but aren't more rapes committed by someone the victim knows, if so how does this affect you when you alone with any man
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-02-11 at 07:02 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    So reading these forums lately(lots of posts by a few certain members about this) as well as a post a women shared on facebook got me thinking why are women so scared of men been potential rapist, i have also seen women cross the road when approaching then cross back down the block to avoid walking past me and other men. I have seen and head numerous things lately about how all women should assume all men are rapist unless they are verified been ok (friend, friend of a friend etc..)
    So women of MMO champ, do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear. Cause this just seems odd to tarnish all random men you encounter as rapist. If you are scared what lengths do you go to, to protect yourself.

When i walk down alone at night i am not afraid of muggers or murderers walking the other way, it just seems odd and a little paranoid
    I do not think it is right just to assume every man is a rapist
    It's not every man. Also internal threat assessment is a totally natural thing, if a man looks threatening for whatever reason and makes a woman uncomfortable she'll try to avoid him. Same as a man would avoid someone that made them uncomfortable if possible. Better safe than sorry and all that. It kind of sucks for you but it probably shouldn't offend you.

A lot of men go for that "I'm a badass" look of some description, and one of the downsides of that is that random women will cross the street and avoid you. Either because you pull the look off or you don't look like a total weirdo.

As for not being afraid of muggers or murderers ... I guess it depends where you live and where you are. I've been in some places where I wouldn't hesitate to walk alone at night, and I've been to some places where I'd be hesitant to walk alone in the middle of the day. Actually the second time I got mugged it was in the middle of the day in a public park. Go figure.

But really, don't think about it too much, if a woman avoids you for whatever reason, no real harm is done by it and it makes her feel safer.

WTF OP, where the hell are you getting this from? I am a female who did my undergrad in Chicago (with the campus in a really really crappy part of the city--look up where U of C's main campus is) and I never worried about any of these things. And I'm 5'8 115 lbs soaking wet.

I carry mace and took a self defense course when I turned 16 and my dad taught me to shoot at an early age, I can handle myself and most able-bodied women can too.

You sound bitter. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're begging the question. I've never heard this. It sounds crazy.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Why do all men think all women are afraid that all men are rapists?

Sorry dude but the opening statement is as bad a generalisation as the one you're arguing against.

Your statement is bad and you should feel bad!