Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    This is one of those cases where it's not subjective. Women are more equal to men now than they have been in the past. That's a good thing.

You think romance is dead? Seriously? I'm fairly certain the large majority of women (and men) still enjoy romantic forays. It brings two people closer together and helps increase the bond between the two. That's what dating is all about. There's nothing obsolete about it; the rules are the same.

As for your idea that men can have as much sex as they want where women shouldn't, it's just unequal. If men can do it, why shouldn't women? In fact, if your goal is ultimately sex, I fail to see how this could be a bad thing for you.
    Romantic forays, is not healthy, yeah bring people close together just to split apart and go on to someone else. If people want to have a lot of sex why is it a rule to have sex with many people instead of just one? You can enjoy life together, not worry about splitting up, have children, and the children will have parents. That is the family structure that people are running away from so much, just to have sex with basically random people, to keep on switching over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    My girlfriend has many times said she didn't want sex that night, but she did it anyway.
    What a charmer.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    People make a graph = some how makes it true.
    It's not. It's wrong.
    Growing up I had some dumb bitch accuse me of hitting her.. You know what it took for my friends and ect to believe her?
    Nothing, they believed her on face value.

There is something wrong with this world.
    Ahhh, the underlying reasons come out. So basically you hate women now because you had crap mates when you were younger. Riiiiiiight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    It's sad that you think men have a propensity to rape others. I am a male, and I am offended and disgusted that you think I have a propensity to rape others.
    Isn't the same with babysitters? Maybe slightly off-topic but people prefer a female babysitter over a male one pretty much because of the same reason why women in general are afraid/cautious whatever you wanna call it of men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I'm pretty sure I linked the incidence of lethal car accidents and accidents causing serious injuries the other day. 319 being the amount of people who died in car accidents, 3200ish who got seriously injured. Then 6500 who get raped every year, in Sweden.

I'd say you're more likely to be raped than die from being run over or even getting seriously injured from run over.
    Those numbers sound hilariously false, care to show the link?

Then you don't need to be afraid of it. You're more likely to be violently beaten up in the street than rape, or run over.

People should care more about general personal safety than worrying the evil man in the tenchcoat might want some poon.
    Why are you splitting them up? Theyre both instances of people taking advantage of others for their own benefit. I don't see why you're saying worry about one, but not the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, nothing like stereotypes. But, you've been mugged by a black guy so I'll let it pass.
    lol thanks :P

So what is the proper place for a woman? In what role should they exist? What is your ideal world for a woman?
    Well, it's hard for me to formulate because I really reject all these notions of "roles" and whatnot. I guess my moral beliefs are my overriding principle and as long as I find nothing amoral, then I find no objections. So by default I'm not for any kind of inequality but I'm also not for any kind of deregulation. To me people, male or female, should be responsible and give life the respect it supposedly deserves by perpetuating things that promote life and growth. That's to say I don't think people should be at odds with their biology (men or woman) and the roles that these naturally promote... like bearing life and being able to provide for your offspring... I could go on but I don't think it really serves a purpose. The bottom line is I think people should behave in accordance with what is good, and what is good is anything that promotes life and things that grow, without taking away from others or causing unnecessary pain or suffering.

So you abhor them?
    Sorta. I've found that people who are depraved cheapen all that has meaning to me and so I see them as a sort of natural nemesis. I can't really explain it, it's just part of who I am. It's not at all righteous, as in I don't think I'll go to heaven and they'll burn or anything like that but I find that they make the world a sad and ugly place and that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Romantic forays, is not healthy, yeah bring people close together just to split apart and go on to someone else. If people want to have a lot of sex why is it a rule to have sex with many people instead of just one? You can enjoy life together, not worry about splitting up, have children, and the children will have parents. That is the family structure that people are running away from so much, just to have sex with basically random people, to keep on switching over and over again.
    Ya, this is something I agree with for example.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 02:58 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What a charmer.
    I love how you ignored the bottom half of my post.

Also, I didn't give you consent to use my words in your signature. Please remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    no, not only women. but all women.
    But male rape is not not as bad, right?

Deleted
    Why are you splitting them up? Theyre both instances of people taking advantage of others for their own benefit. I don't see why you're saying worry about one, but not the other.
    I'm not, I'm saying personal safety is a huge issue to people.

Rape is merely a small part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The source was provided for you. You dismissed it because you didn't like it. You continue to dismiss it because you still don't like it. You make wild claims of phantasmally large numbers of men being falsely accused of rape without actually providing the source other than your own hunch. It's the responsibility of someone making wild claims to back up their claims with a source.

http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...cal-fallacies/

See: Near the bottom, "On the Attack" section, "Burden of Proof" fallacy. You're making wild claims without providing any kind of proof, and proof tot he contrary is being shown to you and you're dismissing it on the grounds of not liking it.
    You are fucking hilarious, please post more of these cute drawing, or even better, make a pie chart including the following chart
    :
    -I'm right (100%)
    -You're right(0%)

It will suit you very well

On a more serious note :
    The point of your drawing is that it's a known fact that many people dont report rape or that it's too hard to prove so there are rapist that dont get punished, so people studied the question and evaluated the "report rate", finding out that many people reporting rape would not report it to the police, and estimated it to 90%

The point is that you just estimate, you dont know if these people are actual rapist, you dont know if these people are guilty, you just assume from a 10y old data, and that's why people were always cautious about that.

But fuck that, it's the 21th century, so let's throw all the logcial thinking out of the windows and make a sensational chart where we assume every unreported rape and reported rape as actual proven rape.

And if you have a problem with that method, surely, that's because you dont like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Listen up boys... I say boys cause I don't see a whole lot of men in here. I see no reason for you to be offended by raw statistics because you feel it implies you are somehow a sexual predator. Women have to be cautious because statistics are not on their side. 1 in 6 women are raped. That's a pretty shitty statistic and calls for caution. Heck, 1 in 6 women get breast cancer, and regular mammograms are recommended because of this.

That women are cautious does not mean that YOU are a rapist. Neo Nazi feminism is indeed a scourge on our world. Man haters are indeed a scourge on this world. I agree that equality is more important than misandry, but people touting equality need to stop blaming the victims and start realizing that rape happens pretty regularly, and that caution made against it is no offense against you, but is the same as the things men do to keep themselves from getting mugged on the street.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-02-11 at 03:07 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Those numbers sound hilariously false, care to show the link?
    They're not false.

http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/...rik-olyckstyp/
    http://www.scb.se/Pages/ThematicArea...___342916.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ahhh, the underlying reasons come out. So basically you hate women now because you had crap mates when you were younger. Riiiiiiight.
    So a personal attack just because he gives an example from personal experience.

It seems we need to ALL make graphs with no sources added to show how bullshit it is that people believe women over men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    It's a "Men are wrong" world. We just have to deal with it and hope it passes and equality will eventually get here.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:53 PM ----------

haha very likely to happen sadly
    its not a men is wrong world just tell the stupid bitch to stfu and get back in the kitchen

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-11 at 03:04 PM.

Pretty much lowering to your Level.

Here is the hitch.

Rape is not a norm is it?

Then you don't need to be afraid of it. You're more likely to be violently beaten up in the street than rape, or run over.

People should care more about general personal safety than worrying the evil man in the tenchcoat might want some poon.
    it isnt an extremely rare thing, thus the 1 in 6 chance of being raped women have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Does this account false rape or does it count convicted only? either way, Sweden is a hilarious defunct country anyway, I can only pity you if you live there.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    it isnt an extremely rare thing, thus the 1 in 6 chance of being raped women have.
    Well, I know over 60 women, 10 of them have not been raped. Hell, none of them have been raped.

Where is the 1 in 6 chance coming from?

Infracted. Nation bashing is not allowed here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-11 at 03:02 PM.

All woman are gold digging whores. I could pull a load of statistics where the male is earning more money and have more money in a relationship and therefor state that all woman are gold diggers. Women normally are the ones in the relationship earning the least, and they normally aim for men with higher education or income than themselves.

But that would just be a retareded general generalization. Same as saying all men are rapists.

I am a male myself and i could never dream of raping or physically assaulting someone. Why? Because i got something called a common human moralle. God you people who say that all men are potential rapists, are all just irrational, none-selfthinking beings living in your own world of paranoia. This world makes me sad.

Infracted: Please do not make sexist comments
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-11 at 09:54 PM.

Well, I know over 60 women, 10 of them have not been raped. Hell, none of them have been raped.

Where is the 1 in 6 chance coming from?
    From criminal statistics, not a cherry-picked sample of people we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's a pretty good point! When someone feels comfortable saying, "I shouldn't have to stop just because she says no, that's absurd", they're pretty thoroughly driving home why women might be more than a little bit concerned. Rapists don't walk around with "rapist" written on their foreheads, they're mostly not the movie version of a rapist, the majority of rapes occur in the context of dates.
    Sadly the same could be said of most paedophiles. Many people think they are these anorak wearing weirdos with beards in glasses when in actual fact they are more likely to be that charming close friend of the family. It's also interesting that people are attacking women for being cautious, shouldn't then we be attacking parents protecting their children from predators.