Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
38
46
47
48
49
50
58
... LastLast
  1. #941
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    EXACTLY man. It;s not as simple as just turning off a faucet. SOME can control it. Not all can so easily. I have had a hard time in the past but i CAN do it. But it;s not as easy as these guys are saying when in full swing.
    Wait, what are you talking about, exactly?

    If a girl's gotten me hot and bothered, and then says "no", I don't immediately lose my erection or something. But me having a boner doesn't mean I'm suddenly ruled by my penis and must do as my penis commands. Girl says no, I back off and figure out what's wrong. I may still have a raging boner, I may get blueballs. But I'm not going to rape her because of either of those facts.

    That's where the difference is. Rapists don't care about her, so they satisfy themselves despite her protests. Normal men don't, because we're not rapists. If you're arguing that you can't make that decision because you have a boner, then you're either mentally deficient (not arguing that you are, just ticking a possible box), or you're actually disposed to be a rapist, or you're lying through your teeth for some godforsaken reason.

    There are no other options. Every man can choose to back off when a girl says "no". Some of them choose not to.

  2. #942
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

    No "right" wasn't the right word in the female case..I guess fair might be abetter one but not sure. I HAD thought about that while typing just wasn't sure what to say.
    You think one just goes "no, don't want sex" to annoy them?
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  3. #943
    Keyboard Turner Trojojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Carrying dangerous weaponry is not legal in quite a lot of western countries.
    I mostly meant anything that could prevent someone from attacking, even everyday things you may already have: car keys, a mascara rod (pardon my lack of knowing the technical name), even plastic cutlery. The eyes are prime examples of the place to go.

  4. #944
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It isn't right if a woman does it maliciously but it's a complicated issue. However, you still can't justify rape by pointing to it. Someone might dink my car, it doesn't mean I get to gun them down.



    All instincts can be overcome and humans really aren't indebted to them. Most of society goes against it.

    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.

  5. #945
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    There are no REASONS either, other than being a horrible human being. You have no REASON to justify rape, but you're trying anyway.

    And men have the same legal rights if they are raped. But men think they have to act strong and pretend it didn't happen.

  6. #946
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,717
    Ya, there's no such thing as god, because I said so. Godwin in all it's glory.

    You weren't worth my time.
    I love how you call him on ad homieum and you do it right back. *Facepalm*
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  7. #947
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    "There's no gray area, you just want to justify rape"... now that has to be my favorite one. So I say there's a gray area in the motivation for rape and you say I justify rape because I don't agree with your definition of what motivates rape?
    You said there's a gray area in the motivation of rape. A "gray area" means a case where you can't be sure it's right or wrong. Which means that you think that sometimes, people can be rightly motivated to rape.

    Which means you're justifying rape. You said it yourself, right there.

  8. #948
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    if your hormones make you horny and you decide to override someone elses consent.. its because you believe you have power over them and want to control them.

  9. #949
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    so you are saying men are rapists by nature? interesting.
    Most animals are. To know that rape, murder or theft is wrong isn't something that comes naturally. Not even for us mighty all knowing humans. Morals and laws are learnt behavior and something we need to make our society work. All that you call civilized behavior is a product of living in a civilized society. If you were born and raised in a society that doesn't have laws or doesn't bother teaching children what is and what's not allowed, then you wouldn't be able to see what is wrong or not. Point is, morals aren't natural behavior, there is no such thing as morals outside of society, only different perspectives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Same here. I have NEVER supported the rapist what i HAVE done is point out that sometimes the hormones might be the cause as well as the situation.
    Exactly! However, those men who go through with it are lesser people, that is a fact.
    Last edited by Deleted; 2013-02-11 at 11:14 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  10. #950
    In the absence of females in this thread (and certain level headed males, Endus et al) it tends to turn into a circle jerk of "I can't believe we get blamed for other men's actions" "yeah how dare they, they dress all revealing and then expect to not get stared at" "Some men just have testosterone levels that makes them unable to stop, how is that their fault?" "There are sooooo many guys who get wrongly accused of rape!" "Men live in a woman driven world where they can say and do anything and we have to sit back and take it!" "I hear ya brother we have it so hard!"

    Seriously? What fantasy world are you guys living in that you can play the victim in all of this?

    I even have to guffaw at the people talking about the friend zone and nice guys finishing last while women go for the assholes. I thought we tore this down already. I haven't known a single nice guy that complains about the friend zone. They're all guys who think they're nice, but are incredibly socially awkward on the outside, and completely judgmental and rotten on the inside, and are the first ones to call a girl a shallow ***** (insert your own 4-5 letter expletive) for daring to choose to go out with someone other than them. You know, despite never approaching the girl for a date. Do you even realize how ironic that is, that you'd consider yourself a nice guy, then complain about women being shallow and only going for assholes?

    I'm still in awe of how many boys are playing the victim in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm probably the nicest person on this whole damned forum, and you can make a sig from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Just have a sig that says "I'm Batman."

  11. #951
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.
    False, wrong, no.

    Some people don't WANT to control them. They always can. Nobody is forced by their gonads to rape. They CHOOSE to rape.

  12. #952
    Herald of the Titans Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    There's something terribly pretentious about being afraid of "rape" for no specific reason. Most woman aren't half as desirable as they think themselves to be.
    You think people who resort to raping someone has any forms of standards?

    "I'm gonna rape someone! Oh, look! A lonely girl walking down the street in the middle of the night! Easy one! Oh wait, she's ugly! No way I'm touching her!"
    I really like christmas. It's sentimental, I know... But I just really like it.

  13. #953
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Okay seriously. NO WOMAN I know--including myself--walks around with a constant fear of being raped.

    I'm sure that most women think about it from time to time, and do things to prevent being in a vulnerable position, but trust me we do not think about all of you all that much.

    Women bitch about men as much as men bitch about women.

    And if you don't think I'm desirable, I couldn't give a crap.

    Cuz I am awesome.
    Really? What makes you so awesome, cause you are not the first woman saying that.

  14. #954
    The Lightbringer Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojojojo View Post
    I mostly meant anything that could prevent someone from attacking, even everyday things you may already have: car keys, a mascara rod (pardon my lack of knowing the technical name), even plastic cutlery. The eyes are prime examples of the place to go.
    Aaah, I see.
    Well yeah if I do have to walk alone at night (and I'm talking wee small hours here when the streets are very quiet), I have my keys in my hand to use in a nasty manner if I absolutely have to. Fortunately I've never needed to.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  15. #955
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    I am a man, I'm giving them far more respect than you. I believe they are in control of their own actions, you apparently do not. I know there are situations which make men more driven for sex, I know that they can be in a situation where they're super horny, I don't believe that it makes a blind bit of difference when it comes to NOT RAPING SOMEONE.

    It's about power and violence.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  16. #956
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    I am sorry, I have been in the middle of actual sex and I've been told I need to stop, and I just stopped and pulled out. If you cannot stop and pull out it's because you didnt really want to and are just basically a rapist.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  17. #957
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Most animals are. To know that rape, murder or theft is wrong isn't something that comes naturally. Not even for us mighty all knowing humans. Morals and laws are learnt behavior and something we need to make our society work. All that you call civilized behavior is a product of living in a civilized society. If you were born and raised in a society that doesn't have laws or doesn't bother teaching children what is and what's not allowed, then you wouldn't be able to see what is wrong or not. Point is, morals aren't natural behavior, there is no such thing as morals outside of society, only different perspectives.
    well lets keep "men are inherently rapists by nature" in mind when we complain about "unjust stereotypes" then shall we?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Aaah, I see.
    Well yeah if I do have to walk alone at night (and I'm talking wee small hours here when the streets are very quiet), I have my keys in my hand to use in a nasty manner if I absolutely have to. Fortunately I've never needed to.
    lol, i do this too. keys are like pointy brass knuckles.

  18. #958
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I see, so because I can exercise self control, it means I'm lacking in testosterone. Riiiiiight.
    Not what is aid...But it;s effects on peopel is not the same and WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY I CAN;T USE SELF CONTROL!

    Most people CAN and WILL but not all.

  19. #959
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Most people CAN and WILL but not all.
    And these people are RAPISTS. Is that actually hard to understand?
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  20. #960
    The Lightbringer Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.

    And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.


    Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    I'm actually pretty surprised by this line of reasoning from you.
    You were complaining earlier in the thread about women pre-judging you (or men in general) as a risk assessment measure to preserve their personal safety. If I were a bloke, I'd probably find your assertion that a raging boner = not being able to control myself a LOT more demeaning.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •