Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not what is aid...But it;s effects on peopel is not the same and WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY I CAN;T USE SELF CONTROL!

Most people CAN and WILL but not all.
    Nobody is saying YOU can't control yourself.

We're saying EVERYONE can control themselves, and some don't bother. And those who don't, and take advantage of a woman as a result, are rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

There are no other options. Every man can choose to back off when a girl says "no". Some of them choose not to.
    Not sure why there are 45+ pages when it's that simple. No means no. People trying to come up with excuses for rape is pretty pathetic. Yes, there are a people on this planet that have mental issues and are considered ill, but I'm pretty sure they are in the minority in comparison to the average man who can't keep his dick in his pants.

You said there's a gray area in the motivation of rape. A "gray area" means a case where you can't be sure it's right or wrong. Which means that you think that sometimes, people can be rightly motivated to rape.

Which means you're justifying rape. You said it yourself, right there.
    No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and a paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to Wonderland.

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 09:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    I know when I have a boner or whatever. I don't go and think...I can't control myself.

No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus he christ, you must be most obtuse person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to wonderland.

Strawman. Nobody ever mentioned that.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not what is aid...But it;s effects on peopel is not the same and WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY I CAN;T USE SELF CONTROL!

Most people CAN and WILL but not all.
    You didn't. Nor did I in what you quoted. But you did suggest that the way I've handled these situations (self-control) suggests I lack testosterone.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well lets keep "men are inherently rapists by nature" in mind when we complain about "unjust stereotypes" then shall we?
    Not just men. Woman are just as rotten themselves if they aren't thought what's right or wrong. We are all murderers, thieves and rapists given none teaches us that it's wrong and we accept these teachings as the truth and law.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post

Strawman. Nobody ever mentioned that.
    Don't even go there bro, with your one line wonders. Either make your post something more than a clever term you don't understand and a snide comment or just don't address yourself to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I have neither brought up Godwin's law, nor referenced Hitler or Nazis in any way, except for right here, since you've now accused me of it twice. I have no idea what you're going on about, here.

Don't even go there bro, with your one line wonders. Either make your post something more than a clever term you don't understand and a snide comment or just don't address yourself to me.
    It's not a clever term. It's what you said.

LOL

I have neither brought up Godwin's law, nor referenced Hitler or Nazis in any way, except for right here, since you've now accused me of it twice. I have no idea what you're going on about, here.
    Endus hasn't brought it up. YOU Arganis have brought it up maybe twice.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

You must have more testosterone to be so argumentative. I'd watch out Aeluron. You might want to lock your back door. YAY for double entendres.

False, wrong, no.

Some people don't WANT to control them. They always can. Nobody is forced by their gonads to rape. They CHOOSE to rape.
    EXACTLY.

It's not being unable to control the urge; it's not WANTING to. I'm sorry but just because you don't want blue balls does NOT mean it's okay to push the issue of sex.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You must have more testosterone to be so argumentative. I'd watch out Aeluron. You might want to lock your back door. YAY for double entendres.
    Nah I'm fine bro. I just find this debate amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Nah I'm fine bro. I just find this debate amusing.
    I find your justifications for rape appalling, nothing funny about it.

He quoted you who were quoting someone entirely different.

He's not the rape apologist.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    He quoted you who were quoting someone entirely different.

He's not the rape apologist.
    Apologies then.

How some of you can say that "We are animals, and cant just stop". I dont get it, i would say that "that's weak", while someone who do stop is "stronger" mentally.
    But then im not really sure... As a personal experience, i was in a "party after the club" (not sure the english word). Anyway i was making out with a woman and one thing> to another, touching etc. Then she was maybe alittle "defensive" as to remove my hand, but still smiling/laughing, but she didnt stop touching me etc, or try to get away from me. When i treid to take her pants off, she said no, so i stopped with the pants, but didnt stop kissing etc (and neither did she) anyway alittle later i did sleep with her, and a 2nd time during the night/morning. (didnt try to stop me, say no etc). But in the morning/day she said, that she wished she hadnt slept with me, and that she felt like a slut.

Now ^ that is not "forcing", if she would get angry, or sad and telling me no, then i would have stopped, but she was smiling and "teasing". I have experienced once a woman said "no" in a serious tone. I got angry, might have called her some words, but did walk away. (Because, she was just teasing, as in pretending she wants to fuck, then when it comes to it, says no)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Huuuuh, I'm getting tired I guess. I thought godwin's law also applied to certain types of circular reasoning, forgot it was all about nazis... Anyway, that doesn't take away from the validity of any of my points. You're convinced you right just cause you're right and that's basically circular reasoning. Anyways, I'm tired and losing steam and talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I don't know if you're a religious person but you'd make a really good Jehovah's witness with your mentality.

So let's just agree to disagree, if that something you can even do.

Aeluron is annoying because he's like the typical vulture who relies on others to weaken or kill his prey before he comes down with his little pecks.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 11:41 PM.

Slightly off-topic, but Reg (and you too Reeve and Endus) I have found your replies genuinely heartwarming. It just makes me really glad to see more guys fighting back on the issue.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.
    I believe that you made a mistake in your presentation that led to you saying something that you did not imply. Talking about a "grey area" implies strongly that you are talking about ambiguity, specifically moral ambiguity. A topic where there is more than two or more absolute, defined points with no crossovers between them. In terms of this, in an absolute sense there are two categories: rape is right, and rape is wrong. You were discussing two points where rape is wrong - motivated by a desire for control, and motivated by a lack of control over yourself (although I believe Endus is asserting that these two are intrinsically connected on a basal level, although they are expressed in different ways). So this would be XX. For YY, rape is always right you have, well.. I can't really think about a situation, and don't really want to. When you say there is a gray area, you say that there is XY, a motivation that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. When you do this by using the term "grey area," you are suggesting that Y is possible and it is possible for rape to be justified.

You're right and a paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to Wonderland.
    There are not that many reasons that motivates rape.

You have rapes that are about power and dominance.
    You have rapes that are about humiliation.
    You have rapes that about about opportunity; drunk / passed out girl/guy.
    You have rapes that are "well I am horny".
    You also have rapes that are all or a combination of the first four reasons.

Then we have the excuses for rape.

She was a whore/slut.
    She lead me on.
    I could not stop myself.
    She wanted it.
    Or other variations of "It is not my fault, really".

In the end a person who would rape another person is a monster no matter what the reason or motivation behind the action is.