Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Eh ben voila Don Quixote...manquait plus que ça. Bonne chance pour te trouver une copine avec ce genre de délires. J'suis désolé de te le dire mais la chevalerie est belle et bien morte.
    Either speak english or stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Harm? I suppose not. It makes you look like a sucker, though. At least if you only hold the door for girls. If you'd hold it for a guy as well that's different. That's just polite.
    I'm not going to go out of my way holding the door for a random guy. However, if I see a girl that looks interesting I might take some few extra steps to ensure I get a chance to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Unless she stands on your toe!
    Quite unfortunate but happens more often than one would think.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    false equivalancies like "rape is the same as murder, so since men are more likely to be murdered women shouldnt be afraid of being raped."
    Me, a few pages ago: "Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list." So, speaking of strawmen...

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im comfortable with my position of "what the heck does mens murder rates have to do with womens rape rates?"
    If you've read this far and you STILL don't understand why the two things are relevant to each other, then you're being intentionally obtuse. But then, we both already knew that.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Just do what you want Jev, to hold a door open.

Quite unfortunate but happens more often than one would think.

Ingrown tonail step ons.....that was painful.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Eh ben voila Don Quixote...manquait plus que ça. Bonne chance pour te trouver une copine avec ce genre de délires. J'suis désolé de te le dire mais la chevalerie est belle et bien morte.
    T'as pété dans ta bouche connard. T'as pas d'honneur et tu en auras jamais.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I would commit suicide if someone attacked me on the street and raped me. I wouldn't be able to handle that, not a chance i'd ever be the same again.
    Fun fact: If every woman who was raped in America went down that path there would still be fewer yearly female suicides than male.

Do you get my point? Rape is so ridiculously unlikely that it's not worth being hypervigilant about. No moreso than me being worried I'm gonna get stabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Just do what you want Jev, to hold a door open.

Ingrown tonail step ons.....that was painful.
    I shall!

I'm one of the lucky few with barely any toenails at all. Mutant feet ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Either speak english or stop that.
    Is that a threat? You know I'm pretty sure the very founder of this site is French, so I don't know where you get off telling me to "stop that" like some kind of racist missionary hearing pigmy dialect but maybe I missed the forum rule that states you always have to speak English or get out. If so, then I have no issue speaking English.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    T'as pété dans ta bouche connard. T'as pas d'honneur et tu en auras jamais.
    lol, j't'emmerde pov' type.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I'm not going to go out of my way holding the door for a random guy. However, if I see a girl that looks interesting I might take some few extra steps to ensure I get a chance to talk to her.
    Yeah that's dumb as hell.

Fun fact: If every woman who was raped in America went down that path there would still be fewer yearly female suicides than male.
    Why do you even mention it? Are you gonna try to turn it into another of your "OH NO, MENS RIGHT"-things?
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

Is that a threat? You know I'm pretty sure the very founder of this site is French, so I don't know where you get off telling me to "stop that" like some kind of racist missionary hearing pigmy dialect but maybe I missed the forum rule that states you always have to speak English or get out. If so, then I have no issue speaking English.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules
    -Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

:P

Yeah that's dumb as hell.
    How is that dumb? That's how you meet girls. You know, showing interest and stuff. Guess I'm too old fashioned.
    *Heads of to Meetrussianwomen.com where rest of the world met their respectives*
    Last edited by Jevlin; 2013-02-12 at 03:24 AM.

Actually...

"Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police."

Despite the origins of the site, it has developed into an English-speaking site.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Chivalry is not dead. Real men are dead. In the north, women and mothers are our most precious treasures.
    And you can't come up with a single good reason why. Why should women and mothers be more valuable than men and fathers?

Why isn't everyone equally valuable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    -Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

:P
    Very well, I will refrain from posting in inferior verbiage then.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    It's hard to know what you are saying.

And you can't come up with a single good reason why. Why should women and mothers be more valuable than men and fathers?

Why isn't everyone equally valuable?

Nobody has been insinuating that. NO ONE
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Guys, just a reminder but please post only in English. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solo66 View Post
    Me, a few pages ago: "Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list." So, speaking of strawmen...
    you also said that it was sexist for them to be afraid because men should be more afraid of a completely different crime!
    Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list. I just find it interesting that men are objectively more likely to be victimized, and yet there's a constant undercurrent that women ought to be afraid for their safety. I also think it's interesting how many people find it completely reasonable to assume that any given man is a danger, while finding it unreasonable to assume that any given black person is a danger, when the male:female and black:white rates of violent crime are very similar. "Cross the street if you see a man walking in your direction" is sound advice, but "cross the street if you see a black person walking in your direction" is racist.

(And for the record, I do think that the latter is racist, because it assumes that all black people are violent...just as I think that the former is sexist, because it assumes that all men are violent. In both cases, it takes behavior perpetrated by a small subset of that group -- blacks and men -- and projects it upon all members of that group. Which is pretty much the definition of racism/sexism.)
    If you've read this far and you STILL don't understand why the two things are relevant to each other, then you're being intentionally obtuse. But then, we both already knew that.
    i really dont. you're just trying to play "gotcha!", which.. im flattered really but you arent making any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Why do you even mention it? Are you gonna try to turn it into another of your "OH NO, MENS RIGHT"-things?
    No. You're the one who said you'd kill yourself. I'm pointing out how absolutely insignificant that would be even if it were extrapolated to every victim of rape.

In other words, the total victimization (including 100% suicide rate, which would effectively turn rape into murder) would still be a ridiculously small minority of violent crime and less worthy of concern than it currently garners.

Women have about the same statistical reason to fear rape as they do some ridiculous disease like necrotizing fasciitis.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's hard to know what you are saying.

Nobody has been insinuating that. NO ONE
    Jevlin has

I feel that women being wary amongst men for rape as upsetting, and an overeaction at best.

But, there not without reason - Moreso to the point that they ARE overall smaller and the crimes of the few echo more loudly than the actions of the mass.

It's just very unfortunate that certain people have an outlook on life that all men MAY attack them, obviously walking through a rough part of town it's expected you MAY garner unwanted attention from undesirable people - but during broad daylight in a busy affluent city centre?

Im not so sure, but flame away!

Women have about the same statistical reason to fear rape as they do some ridiculous disease like necrotizing fasciitis.
    Such a comfort for those who gets subjected to it. Really.

"HEY, guess what? You had no statistical reason to fear rape because it's RARE!"
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^