Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you also said that it was sexist for them to be afraid because men should be more afraid of a completely different crime!
    Actually no, I said it was as sexist for them to be afraid of men because some men are rapists as it is racist to be afraid of black people because some black people are violent criminals. In both cases, the fearful person is ascribing the behavior of a small subset of a group to all members of that group, which is the very definition of sexism/racism. It's right there on the page; try to keep up.

i really dont. you're just trying to play "gotcha!", which.. im flattered really but you arent making any sense.
    I assure you that you have no reason to be flattered. You repeatedly dismiss crimes against men and insist that we should ONLY discuss crimes against women. You repeatedly suggest that male crime victims are to blame for the crimes perpetrated against them, while female crime victims are not. There's nothing flattering about that.

I've actually changed my mind and come to believe that you genuinely don't understand why anyone would want to talk about crimes perpetrated against male victims, because you literally do not give a shit. Crimes against men -- and the fact that men are more likely to be victimized than women -- simply don't matter to you, because it doesn't bother you if men are beaten, stabbed, shot, or murdered. My position -- that violent crimes are a bad thing, regardless of the gender of the victim -- simply doesn't compute to you, because to you, when a woman is victimized it's a tragedy, but when a man is victimized, who cares?

Anywho, it's been real, but it's late in my part of the country, so I'm signing off.

not just women but men and women should be mindful when they walk the streets. it's not living in a "state of fear" to walk across the street when a group of people are walking in your direction. the world is filled with bad people and to think you are safe walking home at night and being oblivious to the world around you, will get you hurt or killed

it's like the same thing for people who drive without seatbelts, they think they are great drivers and they would be fine. It's not you that you should worry about, do you really want to trust your life in the hands of every other driver that passes you?
    Last edited by Harpocrates; 2013-02-12 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Laize, calm down as a black female I am more likely to be assaulted, raped, murdered, and a whole host of other things than you a white male.
    Are you really a black female? Man, here I was imagining a teenage white-boy when I read your bit about "forever alone guy". Shows you just how much you can really tell about people irl through their post: Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    You guys realize Laize got banned and isn't going to respond right?
    Lol, how was that even bannable? It was very poorly worded but not exactly bashing

Well, maybe a short break will do him good ^^
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Lol, how was that even bannable? It was very poorly worded but not exactly bashing

I got infracted for apparently calling someone a troll which I wasn't really >.> Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

Shhh don't give them ideas.... >.>

<.<

... I don't feel very safe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I got infracted for apparently calling someone a troll which I wasn't really >.> Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    I haven't been infracted or banned because I come off as a wonderful person that brings warmth and sunshine to everyone's hearts.... no seriously I'm surprised I'm still here, it's a bit of a miracle.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 03:59 AM.

Laize comes off a bit...anti Female just a tad.
    A bit? A lot, if you read abortion threads.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be safer for women to be afraid of men.

Unfortunately, 'tis not a perfect world.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    A bit? A lot, if you read abortion threads.
    Maybe he was having a bad day. Then again that's generous. I'm actually a bit torn on Abortion myself
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Perhaps just a lil bit

Maybe one of those extremist feminists on Oprah got the better of him at one point. xD

Are you really a black female? Man, here I was imagining a teenage white-boy when I read your bit about "forever alone guy". Shows you just how much you can really tell about people irl through their post: Nothing.
    Yup, I am a black chick that loves manga (favorites include Berserk and Dorohedoro), currently listening to Prodigy Fat of the Land, and I can read......books no less. But that is just the tip of my strangeness for a black chick.

And with that I am off to bed.

you forgot that if women try to mimize risks, thats being "sexist."

And if men do the same they are racist

If you are allowed to call me racist because i too want to minimize risk by avoiding the ones who do the majority of violent crimes then i have the right to call you a sexist for doing the same

Yup, I am a black chick that loves manga (favorites include Berserk and Dorohedoro), currently listening to Prodigy Fat of the Land, and I can read......books no less. But that is just the tip of my strangeness for a black chick.

Neato', goodnight!

Way to destroy every stereotype we ever had about black women

GN!

And that post just made me think you're some kind of Calimero.

That is a black chick.

Yes... I often take language too literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    And that post just made me think you're some kind of Calimero.

That is a black chick.

Yes... I often take language too literally.
    I like Calimero.

Shhh don't give them ideas.... >.>

<.<

... I don't feel very safe now.

I haven't been infracted or banned because I come off as a wonderful person that brings warmth and sunshine to everyone's hearts.... no seriously I'm surprised I'm still here, it's a bit of a miracle.
    I've seen worse brother. many infractions, but no bans. You need to learn how the system works.

Turning this thread into a chat thread is certainly one way to get it locked.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I've seen worse brother. many infractions, but no bans. You need to learn how the system works.
    Haha, yes well I guess I'm but an apprentice in the ways of the dark side.

The thing about "Better safe then sorry" is that, in this particular case, it's only being applied in the sense of sexual assault. If safe is your approach, you need to fear other things that may harm you that aren't just rape, a female may happen to pull a gun and mug you. You should also be terrified in public places of diseases to a point of germ-o-phobia. However, in any of the feminists I've met, this is not the case. They don't fear disease, lightning strikes or violent crime (not sexually related) anywhere near as much as a random person raping them. When you look at the statistics by sexual assault information organizations, some 73% of rape is done by someone the victim is at least acquainted with.

Rape is horrible, and rape is far more often man forcing on woman than the other way around, I get that. However fearing it to a level of paranoia while blissfully ignoring potentially life threatening other things, that are statistically more likely to happen, based on the gender of a random person seems pretty crazy to me. Non sexual violent crime is far more likely, and in America the largest offenders based on race are African Americans. By the safe approach I should assume very single African American person is going to pull a weapon and mug me. See where this goes when you apply it to things beyond sexual assault?

To each their own, I'm not trying to offend anyone, only trying to get people to apply their logic in other situations so they can see what it sounds like beyond the one particular case they are very emotional about.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information...ault-offenders <- Source for the 73%