Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the absence of females in this thread (and certain level headed males, Endus et al) it tends to turn into a circle jerk of "I can't believe we get blamed for other men's actions" "yeah how dare they, they dress all revealing and then expect to not get stared at" "Some men just have testosterone levels that makes them unable to stop, how is that their fault?" "There are sooooo many guys who get wrongly accused of rape!" "Men live in a woman driven world where they can say and do anything and we have to sit back and take it!" "I hear ya brother we have it so hard!"

Seriously? What fantasy world are you guys living in that you can play the victim in all of this?

I even have to guffaw at the people talking about the friend zone and nice guys finishing last while women go for the assholes. I thought we tore this down already. I haven't known a single nice guy that complains about the friend zone. They're all guys who think they're nice, but are incredibly socially awkward on the outside, and completely judgmental and rotten on the inside, and are the first ones to call a girl a shallow ***** (insert your own 4-5 letter expletive) for daring to choose to go out with someone other than them. You know, despite never approaching the girl for a date. Do you even realize how ironic that is, that you'd consider yourself a nice guy, then complain about women being shallow and only going for assholes?

I'm still in awe of how many boys are playing the victim in this thread.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes we can but sometimes for SOME people they CAN become TOO strong to control.
    False, wrong, no.

Some people don't WANT to control them. They always can. Nobody is forced by their gonads to rape. They CHOOSE to rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    There's something terribly pretentious about being afraid of "rape" for no specific reason. Most woman aren't half as desirable as they think themselves to be.
    You think people who resort to raping someone has any forms of standards?

"I'm gonna rape someone! Oh, look! A lonely girl walking down the street in the middle of the night! Easy one! Oh wait, she's ugly! No way I'm touching her!"
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Okay seriously. NO WOMAN I know--including myself--walks around with a constant fear of being raped.

I'm sure that most women think about it from time to time, and do things to prevent being in a vulnerable position, but trust me we do not think about all of you all that much.

Women bitch about men as much as men bitch about women.

And if you don't think I'm desirable, I couldn't give a crap.

Cuz I am awesome.
    Really? What makes you so awesome, cause you are not the first woman saying that.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojojojo View Post
    I mostly meant anything that could prevent someone from attacking, even everyday things you may already have: car keys, a mascara rod (pardon my lack of knowing the technical name), even plastic cutlery. The eyes are prime examples of the place to go.
    Aaah, I see.
    Well yeah if I do have to walk alone at night (and I'm talking wee small hours here when the streets are very quiet), I have my keys in my hand to use in a nasty manner if I absolutely have to. Fortunately I've never needed to.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account

And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.

Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    I am a man, I'm giving them far more respect than you. I believe they are in control of their own actions, you apparently do not. I know there are situations which make men more driven for sex, I know that they can be in a situation where they're super horny, I don't believe that it makes a blind bit of difference when it comes to NOT RAPING SOMEONE.

It's about power and violence.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

And i am NOT trying to justify rape merely offer REASONS other than say "he's a demonic monster who exists to rape women" type scenario most seem to picture. It is NOT always about power and control.

Honestly i;m beginning to think until men geta fair side to share THEIR issues concerning rape such as REASONS why it MIGHT happen and SOME MEN MIGHT rape women outside of power and control we will not be able to solve this issue as a society.
    I am sorry, I have been in the middle of actual sex and I've been told I need to stop, and I just stopped and pulled out. If you cannot stop and pull out it's because you didnt really want to and are just basically a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Most animals are. To know that rape, murder or theft is wrong isn't something that comes naturally. Not even for us mighty all knowing humans. Morals and laws are learnt behavior and something we need to make our society work. All that you call civilized behavior is a product of living in a civilized society. If you were born and raised in a society that doesn't have laws or doesn't bother teaching children what is and what's not allowed, then you wouldn't be able to see what is wrong or not. Point is, morals aren't natural behavior, there is no such thing as morals outside of society, only different perspectives.
    well lets keep "men are inherently rapists by nature" in mind when we complain about "unjust stereotypes" then shall we?

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Aaah, I see.
    Well yeah if I do have to walk alone at night (and I'm talking wee small hours here when the streets are very quiet), I have my keys in my hand to use in a nasty manner if I absolutely have to. Fortunately I've never needed to.
    lol, i do this too. keys are like pointy brass knuckles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I see, so because I can exercise self control, it means I'm lacking in testosterone. Riiiiiight.
    Not what is aid...But it;s effects on peopel is not the same and WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY I CAN;T USE SELF CONTROL!

Most people CAN and WILL but not all.

And these people are RAPISTS. Is that actually hard to understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.

I'm actually pretty surprised by this line of reasoning from you.
    You were complaining earlier in the thread about women pre-judging you (or men in general) as a risk assessment measure to preserve their personal safety. If I were a bloke, I'd probably find your assertion that a raging boner = not being able to control myself a LOT more demeaning.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what is aid...But it;s effects on peopel is not the same and WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY I CAN;T USE SELF CONTROL!

Nobody is saying YOU can't control yourself.

We're saying EVERYONE can control themselves, and some don't bother. And those who don't, and take advantage of a woman as a result, are rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

There are no other options. Every man can choose to back off when a girl says "no". Some of them choose not to.
    Not sure why there are 45+ pages when it's that simple. No means no. People trying to come up with excuses for rape is pretty pathetic. Yes, there are a people on this planet that have mental issues and are considered ill, but I'm pretty sure they are in the minority in comparison to the average man who can't keep his dick in his pants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You said there's a gray area in the motivation of rape. A "gray area" means a case where you can't be sure it's right or wrong. Which means that you think that sometimes, people can be rightly motivated to rape.

Which means you're justifying rape. You said it yourself, right there.
    No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus H. christ, you must be most obtuse and righteous person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and a paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to Wonderland.

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 09:14 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I know when I have a boner or whatever. I don't go and think...I can't control myself.

No, because this discussion isn't about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, it's about WHAT MOTIVATES RAPE. So if I said there's a "grey" area in this discussion then in no way am talking about rape being right or wrong, justified or not, I'm talking M O T I VA T I O N S. Jesus he christ, you must be most obtuse person I ever met.

Let's just let it go because there's no discussion possible with somebody who uses "Godwin" and then has the audacity to pretend like his arguments have any basis in fact.

You're right and paragon of perfect manhood with an acute understanding of criminal psychology and I'm a wannabe rapist that could only dream of being as smart as you. Right?

Whatever man go back to wonderland.

Strawman. Nobody ever mentioned that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

You didn't. Nor did I in what you quoted. But you did suggest that the way I've handled these situations (self-control) suggests I lack testosterone.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well lets keep "men are inherently rapists by nature" in mind when we complain about "unjust stereotypes" then shall we?
    Not just men. Woman are just as rotten themselves if they aren't thought what's right or wrong. We are all murderers, thieves and rapists given none teaches us that it's wrong and we accept these teachings as the truth and law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post

Strawman. Nobody ever mentioned that.
    Don't even go there bro, with your one line wonders. Either make your post something more than a clever term you don't understand and a snide comment or just don't address yourself to me.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I have neither brought up Godwin's law, nor referenced Hitler or Nazis in any way, except for right here, since you've now accused me of it twice. I have no idea what you're going on about, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even go there bro, with your one line wonders. Either make your post something more than a clever term you don't understand and a snide comment or just don't address yourself to me.
    It's not a clever term. It's what you said.

LOL

I have neither brought up Godwin's law, nor referenced Hitler or Nazis in any way, except for right here, since you've now accused me of it twice. I have no idea what you're going on about, here.
    Endus hasn't brought it up. YOU Arganis have brought it up maybe twice.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi