Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Lol now we're trolling. Amusing.
    And there goes the one line wonder again. Why'd you post that now huh? Just because I said I was leaving, was that your queue? Are are you going to ask me why I'm not gone now? Well that's cause for your one liners I'll always come back Aeluron and trust me I have no shortage of venom, so maybe it's best you leave at that.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    There's nothing more to say to someone who somehow manages to answer my arguments with "you're a rapist" and "you condone rape" just to sound cool when there's absolutely no reason to think that from what was posted.
    Never said either of those about you, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Misogyny being a reason for rape would only be possible if gay, lesbian, and female-on-male rape were impossible concepts.
    Only if 1> women couldn't loathe other women misogynistically (they can), and 2> it were THE ONLY reason rather than A reason. There's still domination and anger, too.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-02-12 at 01:48 AM. Reason: I typ gud, fixed for spelling and such

10+ Year Old Account
    And there goes the one line wonder again. Why'd you post that now huh? Just because I said I was leaving, was that your queue? Are are you going to ask me why I'm not gone? Well that's cause for your one liners I'll always come back Aeluron and trust me I have no shortage of venom, so maybe it's best you leave at that.
    You accused people here of trolling. As if we're trying to get a emotional response out of you. We're not. You want to talk one liners I could say at the beginning you mentioned it. If you want to come back it's all on you, I could care less.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    So, in terms of being a victim, it is a man's fault for doing a risky thing such as hanging around with the wrong crowd when it is apparent that something bad might happen, but it is not a woman's fault for doing a risky thing such as hanging around with the wrong crowd when it is apparent that something bad might happen? I'm not sure I understand your logic here.
    In both cases I'd expect whoever it was to display some level of caution. Being the victim of a crime is never the fault of the victim, and is the fault of the perpetrator. However if a male puts himself in incredibly dangerous situations and hangs out with people of questionable morals, I'd say that's not being cautious. If a woman puts herself into a compromising position, that was also failing to be cautious, but it no more makes it her fault.

If you do not show caution in certain situations, you are putting yourself at higher risk for having something happen to you. That never makes it your "fault" though. It just means that you have accepted some degree of responsibility for the situation... either that or made a poor judgement.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Women have to take certain precautions like not walking alone at night because we face a higher risk of being attacked, it isn't that women assume men are rapists; it's just about being careful.
    Well, seeing as men are more likely to be victims of violent crimes....What do you mean by higher risk?

And there goes the one line wonder again. Why'd you post that now huh? Just because I said I was leaving, was that your queue? Are are you going to ask me why I'm not gone now? Well that's cause for your one liners I'll always come back Aeluron and trust me I have no shortage of venom, so maybe it's best you leave at that.
    Maybe it's best you just go to sleep and keep your "venom" inside? If you think the guys a dick, cool, be the better person and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    In both cases I'd expect whoever it was to display some level of caution. Being the victim of a crime is never the fault of the victim, and is the fault of the perpetrator. However if a male puts himself in incredibly dangerous situations and hangs out with people of questionable morals, I'd say that's not being cautious. If a woman puts herself into a compromising position, that was also failing to be cautious, but it no more makes it her fault.

If you do not show caution in certain situations, you are putting yourself at higher risk for having something happen to you. That never makes it your "fault" though. It just means that you have accepted some degree of responsibility for the situation... either that or made a poor judgement.
    you forgot that if women try to mimize risks, thats being "sexist."

taking things a lil too personally....you by no means even have to listen to him. if you don't want to hear from him. we have options for that. just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Never said either of those about you, either.

Only if 1> women couldn't loathe by misogynists (they can), and 2> it were THE ONLY reason rather than A reason. There's still domination and anger, too.
    I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you using misogyny in place of a gender-neutral word? Because I'm pretty sure women don't rape men because they hate themselves.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you forgot that if women try to mimize risks, thats being "sexist."
    As I mentioned before, if men suggest that women try to minimize risks, that's being "sexist." We're all sexists, hooray!

its really really disingenuous to say "women shouldnt be afraid of being raped because men are more likely to be punched in the face."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    taking things a lil too personally....you by no means even have to listen to him. if you don't want to hear from him. we have options for that. just sayin

I haven't been rude at all. He accused of people trolling here and I find it amusing coming from his position.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If it is that big of a deal for a woman to walk alone at night thinking a man will rape her, then why is she walking alone in the dark of the night in the first place? It is like she is begging someone to rape and/or murder her.
    Last edited by Wylo; 2013-02-12 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo66 View Post
    As I mentioned before, if men suggest that women try to minimize risks, that's being "sexist." We're all sexists, hooray!
    the thread is full of people saying how sexist it is that women "judge" them by taking precautions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you using misogyny in place of a gender-neutral word? Because I'm pretty sure women don't rape men because they hate themselves.
    For some reason, I zoomed in on "lesbian" there.

But you're right, misandry or more generic misanthropy are also valid reasons, depending on the gender relations in question. But the point remains; gender issues are only one possible vector, dominance is a greater trend. It's sometimes that the desire to dominate is due to such hatred, but not always. I never tried to suggest "misogyny" was the sole vector.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    when it comes to victimization of two completely different things, yeah.. why dont we compare the same crimes?
    Comparing violent crimes is comparing something different? They're all attacks on someone. Rapists use sex as a weapon. Murderers and people who assault use guns or knives as a weapon. All these crimes are heinous. All involve hatred at the root. Yet it's okay to blame someone for being the victim of hate in assault or murder because they were doing risky or stupid things?

Would you blame a woman for being a victim of violence other than rape if they hung out with the wrong crowd as a man might do and become a victim of violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I haven't been rude at all. He accused of people trolling here and I find it amusing coming from his position.
    not saying ya are. the other guy needs to lay off the forums, taking this shit way too seriously.

Comparing violent crimes is comparing something different? They're all attacks on someone. Rapists use sex as a weapon. Murderers and people who assault use guns or knives as a weapon. All these crimes are heinous. All involve hatred at the root. Yet it's okay to blame someone for being the victim of hate in assault or murder because they were doing risky or stupid things?

Would you blame a woman for being a victim of violence other than rape if they hung out with the wrong crowd as a man might do and become a victim of violence?
    There is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with darenyon. Once s/he has an idea there is no convincing them otherwise.... even if the idea is factually wrong and can be proven as such with multiple reputable sources. I advise you to stop wasting effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post

That's exactly my point. It's not someone's fault for being the victim of a crime, even if they may have put themselves at a higher risk.

yes, they are considered different crimes with different causes. you cant really say "well that 3 year old or that 80 year old or everyone in between was putting themselves in situations to be raped."