Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ...
15
55
63
64
65
  1. #1281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    With a certain persons (Which shall not be namned)"demise" we reached a point of complete understanding and agreement. There simply isn't anything to discuss that hasn't already been discussed. This is how all threads should end, in friendship and laughter.
    I'm not sure I agree there was ever anything to discuss. The question of the OP was answered promptly; everything following that has just been people arguing because people need to argue. I must say, I haven't seen anyone "win" in this thread, yet. Both "sides" conveniently ignore the main selling points of the other "side," a pretty common strategy and the reason I don't really participate anymore.

    If the thread was more along the lines of "why do we live in a society where women feel it is necessary to be afraid?" then I believe we might have some interesting discussion. The answer to that question is not really definitive and most people here don't know enough about sociology to really do more than guess. I believe the question "why are women so afraid?" has a very simple and straightforward answer, though.

    Also, Xanj was just setting you up since he knows I'm a man-hating lesbian.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-02-12 at 04:40 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  2. #1282
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    No people specifically said living in fear of men.

    Which is exactly the same as being afraid of black people in a "ghetto" type area.
    no its more like being afraid of black people because theyre black. which is pretty silly.

  3. #1283
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    That would require writing a giant ass novel about this debate then sail off to a different country with Elves.
    Yes that sound great, time to get to work Aeluron. PM me when you're done. So I can sail away... with elves!

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 05:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm not sure I agree there was ever anything to discuss. The question of the OP was answered promptly; everything following that has just been people arguing because people need to argue. I must say, I haven't seen anyone "win" in this thread, yet. Both "sides" conveniently ignore the main selling points of the other "side," a pretty common strategy and the reason I don't really participate anymore.

    If the thread was more along the lines of "why do we live in a society where women feel it is necessary to be afraid?" then I believe we might have some interesting discussion. The answer to that question is not really definitive and most people here don't know enough about sociology to really do more than guess. I believe the question "why are women so afraid?" has a very simple and straightforward answer, though.

    Also, Xanj was just setting you up since he knows I'm a man-hating lesbian.
    Great, and I thought I was a wonderful person...
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 04:48 AM.

  4. #1284
    If I was a woman, well, I'm not a woman. But I have 1 sister and a mother. You want to know what real chivalry is? You'll have to show respect...

  5. #1285
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm not sure I agree there was ever anything to discuss....-If the thread was more along the lines of "why do we live in a society where women feel it is necessary to be afraid?" then I believe we might have some interesting discussion.
    Perhaps there wasn't. Myself wasn't here from the beginning, I jumped in when the *What motivates rape*discussion started. As we pretty much came to a philosophical agreement on that point we moved on to chatting. And yes, such a thread would probably be interesting and allow for a wider area of discussion.

    Also, Xanj was just setting you up since he knows I'm a man-hating lesbian.
    No way, did he? I didn't see that one coming
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think anyone has suggested avoiding men, just avoiding putting oneself in a vulnerable position. it works equally well for men and women. how often you want to violate your safety is up to ones own personal judgement.
    If I'm walking down the street at night and see a minority male and i cross the street to avoid them but don't do the same for a white male you will call me a racist
    If a women is walking down the street at night and they cross the street to avoid a male but doesn't do the same if it is a female then they are sexist

  7. #1287
    Better to bring a picket knife camping and not need it, than to need a pocket knight while camping and not have it.

  8. #1288
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    If I'm walking down the street at night and see a minority male and i cross the street to avoid them but don't do the same for a white male you will call me a racist
    If a women is walking down the street at night and they cross the street to avoid a male but doesn't do the same if it is a female then they are sexist
    id call you stupid for not crossing the street for both males, and rude for not doing it to the female.
    but yes being cautious about rapists is exactly like being a racist. no woman should ever take precautions because thats sexist. or maybe its okay to be racist since women are cautious about rapists?

  9. #1289
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Perhaps there wasn't. Myself wasn't here from the beginning, I jumped in when the *What motivates rape*discussion started. As we pretty much came to a philosophical agreement on that point we moved on to chatting. And yes, such a thread would probably be interesting and allow for a wider area of discussion.
    We don't know enough about the human brain at this point to make a definite answer, so discussing it is still just a big guessing game. A philosophical agreement is fine, that's about all we can do at this point in understanding, but it shouldn't be how we decide a question like that. I could argue that anyone who commits rape is mentally unstable in some manner and deserves to be treated as a victim of his own mind, rather than a criminal. But plenty of people would get upset at that thought. At the same time, if we ever excuse a criminal because "he has a mental disorder" we open up the "insanity plea" to every rapist in the world and no one will ever be accountable for their actions.

    But this is already branching out to a much broader topic, as you can see. Is crime ever the perpetrator's fault? Do "bad people" even exist? Do we have free will at all? None of these questions are questions humanity is remotely close to answering, in my opinion. Until they are, the justice system is more of a damage control unit.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #1290
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,576
    Well unless this thread is locked soon, I don't thing anybody is going to get to sail way... with evles! But my brain is turning into complete mush, so I'm going to make my fourth attempt at sailing away alone.... without elves.

    On that note time to craaaash and buuuuuurn. Besides Aeluron isn't throwing one liners at me anymore, so this thread has lost all it's appeal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    We don't know enough about the human brain at this point to make a definite answer, so discussing it is still just a big guessing game. A philosophical agreement is fine, that's about all we can do at this point in understanding, but it shouldn't be how we decide a question like that. I could argue that anyone who commits rape is mentally unstable in some manner and deserves to be treated as a victim of his own mind, rather than a criminal. But plenty of people would get upset at that thought. At the same time, if we ever excuse a criminal because "he has a mental disorder" we open up the "insanity plea" to every rapist in the world and no one will ever be accountable for their actions.

    But this is already branching out to a much broader topic, as you can see. Is crime ever the perpetrator's fault? Do "bad people" even exist? Do we have free will at all? None of these questions are questions humanity is remotely close to answering, in my opinion. Until they are, the justice system is more of a damage control unit.
    You expect entirely too much of the people on this forum. I mean I don't think MMO champ is really a good place to delve into such depth because the average person here just isn't mature enough. There's other places for that tough.

    Ok.... Zzzzzz
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 05:02 AM.

  11. #1291
    Lysah, you're impressive. I like you.


    Do you remember her?
    Yes, (Oliver said)
    She's gone
    I know (Oliver said)
    She will fuck you up
    I know (Oliver said)

    well...

    Infracted: Please refrain from posting off topic.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:48 PM.

  12. #1292
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    fuck off!

    I'm fucking out, vous êtes de la merde ensachée. Lysah, you're impressive. I like you.

    BUUURN!!!
    Hmmm. Ta geule enculé, t'as pas vue que j'essaye de dormir espèce de troue du cul?

    Seriously some people. <---- Token English ftw!

    Aureeeevoir... Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzz

    Infracted: Please refrain from posting off topic. Furthermore, please refrain from posting vulgar statements, even if they're in another language.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:49 PM.

  13. #1293
    Were I live I do not have this problem of females being scared of me, but most men avoid me like I was out to skin them and drink their blood. I am 6'6, 290 and wear corps makeup and chains and so on; I find peace in the darker look of life. I personally find it odd most females feel safe walking pass me or being around me even if they do not know me and men do not. It may be the fact I do not eye fuck them as they pass me or are in my view. Either way I feel sorry for the men that have this happen to them, as it's unfair for most of us and leads to more problems then not....then again the were I live in the US and we are the land of the corrupted and the wicked.

  14. #1294
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,169
    Besides Aeluron isn't throwing one liners at me anymore, so this thread has lost all it's appeal.

    Iceman COMMETH!
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  15. #1295
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    We don't know enough about the human brain at this point to make a definite answer, so discussing it is still just a big guessing game...
    Indeed, it's quite difficult to dabble around in this topic without going a bit or entirely off-topic. I believe the human mind will always remain a mystery to us. We are too proud as a species to look at ourselves objectively to answer some of the most taboo questions as what motivates certain crimes and behaviors. Some theory crafting and opinions wont hurt though. Luckily none of the "brilliant" ideas spewed out here on MMO-C has any effect in real life. Thank the gods for that
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #1296
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Iceman COMMETH!
    *Has nightmares and curses Aeluron under his breath as he drifts away*.... with elves!!!

  17. #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    id call you stupid for not crossing the street for both males, and rude for not doing it to the female.
    but yes being cautious about rapists is exactly like being a racist. no woman should ever take precautions because thats sexist. or maybe its okay to be racist since women are cautious about rapists?
    I'm just pointing out a double standard I'm not saying you are wrong to wanting to avoid putting yourself in a dangerous position but you are being a sexist for doing so because you are stereotyping and profiling men just like I'm profiling and stereotyping minorities by avoiding them

    Profiling and stereotyping is a survival instinct practiced by the human race from the beginning. when you see your buddy get eaten by a lion you learn to run from lions even if not all lions are man eaters. when you see your buddy get bitten by a shark you learn to stay out of the water when you see a fin even though not all sharks attack humans
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-12 at 05:09 AM.

  18. #1298
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Hmmm. Ta geule enculé, t'as pas vue que j'essaye de dormir espèce de troue du cul?

    Seriously some people. <---- Token English ftw!

    Aureeeevoir... Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzz
    "Je parierais que tu es du genre à enfiler un mec jusqu’au trognon sans avoir l’élémentaire politesse de lui manipuler gentiment le petit frère ! J’te préviens, je t’ais à l’œil !"

    Good night !

  19. #1299
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,317
    Ok since no one is actually really talking about anything relevant towards the original topic of the thread anymore, and just posting random off topic stuff, I suppose now would be a good time to bring things to a close.

    Locked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •