[Holy] Tsulong Heroic 10

Hello fellow paladins

My guild is currently trying Tsulong HC 10 man. I think I am not doing as well as I should due to my rotation.
    Healing composition:
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest

-I place the beacon on Tsulong
    -My rotation for healing in the day phase. Flash of Light->Holy Shock->Flash->Divine light
    -I try to precast divine light before the breath
    -First The Light of day is taken by our shaman because he can heal more due to his mastery
    -All the next “The light of day” are taken by me and I try to use either Guardian of the ancient kings or Avenging Wrath+ Divine Favor. I try to take them 10seconds before the breath so I maximize my healing output

Issues we are having:
    - The raid takes a lot of damage-> I have to throw an eternal flame on them now and then instead of placing EF on the boss
    - We tried waiting for 2 The Light of Day – me and shammie both clicking it and priest doing Guardian Angel but sometimes one of the beam disappears (maybe someone in the raid clicked it but its not there for before the 2nd breath)

Questions:
    - How do you handle dispels? We tried Mass dispel so we don’t all stop healing, we tried single target dispels in the end since it was more reliable
    - What cooldowns/rotation in the 6 seconds of the buffs do you use?
    - Do you heal the raid now and then?
    - I did 180k on my best try and the boss was at about 50%healing before we died cause of the adds. I reforged all my mastery to crit(not sure if I did right)

Any suggestions for improving our strategy will be appreciated.
    Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    For first kill reforge haste. Cast Flash of light before the buff hits and then Spam divine light and make sure that eternal flame gets on there with the ES. (best combo I've managed)
    The raid needs to find a way to handle themselves in that 6 seconds. Or the other two healers need to throw more of their aoe healing out preemptively. You're a holy paladin you don't have anything (in that fight) to really save anyone with when spamming single target, after you've done that, get your 3 pt's back and start helping raid healing for a bit. But really saving the raid during that period isn't your prerogative. You're not as efficient at it. Eternal Flame should be on tsulong and the tank...maybe one choice raider or yourself if you have spare. But don't focus on keeping the raid 'hotted'.

Our dispel, weirdly enough is handled by our warlock and shadow priest. We don't stop to even think about it unless it's an emergency. I personally do not heal the raid in those 6 seconds, I trust my druid/priest/shaman to do their job. After my buff is wasted I concentrate a bit of healing on the tank as well as one or two light of dawns to keep things even and then refocus on Tsulong.

I know reforging haste for one kill sounds expensive but after the first 2 times you should be able to plough on through with your mastery build once your raid is overgearing and comfortable pushing harder on damage phases.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-02-11 at 08:14 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Another tip is to switch the last tier talent to Stay of Execution. Maybe pop GoAK a bit before, get 2-3 heals out with it (to get haste buff) pop all other CDs, then pre-cast Divine Light before breath. If you got HP saved up just throw EF on him and then Stay of Execution. Do NOT refresh EF until it runs out! Put EF on other raid members instead. Even if you can get a 1-2 HP EF going on another raid member, if it's buffed, don't refresh it. After that, either spam the boss with Divine Lights, or heal the raid with Holy Light for 100% transfer through Beacon. You can actually help heal the raid quite a bit through your beacon and Holy Light. Just store up some HP and use the EF priority Tsulong > Tanks > Anybody else. Buffed EFs should never be refreshed, just let them run out then re-cast it.
    And keep track of your trinket procs, make sure they're up when you take a beam for bigger heals/more regen.

Concerning reforging, with careful timing you could probably just stick with Mastery > Haste, and drop Crit completely, it's crap. But if you feel that you need faster heals, reforge a bit to haste. The first haste plateu of EF is at 15.01%, next is at 25.03%. Generally they're not worth going for, you should aim for Mastery for big absorbs.

Haven't killed HC Tsulong myself yet, we're still working on MSV and HoF HCs, but this is just my 5 cent, based on how I do it on normal and I usually get really nice burst in on him.

EDIT: Another idea is to combine GoAK with Holy Avenger, if you got 4-set bonus. Shorter CD on Holy Shock means that you can get a couple 3HP buffed EFs out, doubled by GoAK.
    Last edited by mmocc219c9ac3f; 2013-02-11 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skogul View Post
    Another tip is to switch the last tier talent to Stay of Execution. Maybe pop GoAK a bit before, get 2-3 heals out with it (to get haste buff) pop all other CDs, then pre-cast Divine Light before breath. If you got HP saved up just throw EF on him and then Stay of Execution. Do NOT refresh EF until it runs out! Put EF on other raid members instead. Even if you can get a 1-2 HP EF going on another raid member, if it's buffed, don't refresh it. After that, either spam the boss with Divine Lights, or heal the raid with Holy Light for 100% transfer through Beacon. You can actually help heal the raid quite a bit through your beacon and Holy Light. Just store up some HP and use the EF priority Tsulong > Tanks > Anybody else. Buffed EFs should never be refreshed, just let them run out then re-cast it.
    And keep track of your trinket procs, make sure they're up when you take a beam for bigger heals/more regen.

Concerning reforging, with careful timing you could probably just stick with Mastery > Haste, and drop Crit completely, it's crap. But if you feel that you need faster heals, reforge a bit to haste. The first haste plateu of EF is at 15.01%, next is at 25.03%. Generally they're not worth going for, you should aim for Mastery for big absorbs.

Haven't killed HC Tsulong myself yet, we're still working on MSV and HoF HCs, but this is just my 5 cent, based on how I do it on normal and I usually get really nice burst in on him.
    Quite good tips. I would like to add that reforging to haste is not just for haste breakpoints or faster casting. Most important part of haste is that it reduces GCD which gives you enough time to do everything in that 6 sec window.

Also FoL glyph only increases your NEXT spell cast on that target by 10%. So basically if I'm not mistaken rotation should be something like this:

FoL(before breath) -> Divine Light (lands just when breath hits) -> FoL -> Execution Sentence -> FoL -> Eternal Flame

You should have enough time for this (especially when reforging to haste). Then after last EF try to squeeze one more FoL. You probably don't have time for DL but FoL heals for huge amounts with Wings and Divine Favor.

PS. We let our shaman have all the Lights and he has like over 300k hps. Shouldn't be too hard. I take 1 Light with cds on and do that rotation, all the other time I'm healing raid with holy light. Basically our HPS is something like : Shaman 300k, Holy Pala 150k, Mistweaver 150k
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-02-11 at 10:11 AM.

Hello. I spike to about 1.2-1.5m hps during first breath. Skada displays ~400k at end of first day phase.

Maybe pop GoAK a bit before, get 2-3 heals out with it (to get haste buff) pop all other CDs, then pre-cast Divine Light before breath. If you got HP saved up just throw EF on him and then Stay of Execution.
    Do not waste GoaK casts before sun breath. It is ridiculously powerful and you want every doubled heal to have the 500% buff and the 1500% buff if possible.

Mastery does not provide big absorbs. Illuminated Healing is capped at one third of your HP and will only be consumed if the boss takes damage (from terrorize or the adds - which should not happen). Mastery is almost entirely wasted on this fight. Reforge to haste.

EDIT: Another idea is to combine GoAK with Holy Avenger, if you got 4-set bonus. Shorter CD on Holy Shock means that you can get a couple 3HP buffed EFs out, doubled by GoAK.
    Don't waste HA during breaths. Blanket EFs with it at the start of each phase. The transfers to boss via beacon are quite good and you don't lose any globals. EF is not as strong a heal as your other options so spamming it on the boss during the buff is a hps loss. Also you have the risk of applying an EF to the boss after the buff wears off (removing the buffed HoT).

Here is what I do:
    Spec ES, glyph flash of light, reforge to haste.

Get any lights of day your raid will let you have and if possible sync all your cooldowns (GoaK, Wings, DF, int pot) with the light AND Guardianspirit/Dhymn all at once.

It does not matter how many holy power you start with.

Do not stand in the breath if you are using Light of Day as you can only be affected by one or the other.

Cast Sequence (this is not perfect but it is very easy and more than enough to beat enrage if your dps kill adds properly).
    When Tsulong starts breathing; Flash of Light, pop every cooldown (can macro them together. NB: include int pot). Start casting DL so that it lands right after breath. Cast two more DLs, should be 1.5-2 sec remaining on your light of day. Use EF to apply a buffed HoT. Use ES to almost double your healing. You still have 10-15 seconds on your cooldowns so continue healing, but you no longer have the buff so make sure you do NOT cast EF on boss. This means that during this time do not fret about being HoPo capped. You can use LoD if your raid is taking damage but honestly DL is the most pure HPS, if your mana can afford it.

This is what I do but it would be possible to improve if you could coordinate with your holy priest either to Guardian spirit 5-7 seconds before the breath (get light of day very soon after it spawns and then stand in breath to take advantage of both buffs) or to click the light of day after breath wears off (this is not as optimal because you would delay GoaK to get the benefit of the 3 1500% DLs , but you would be missing the haste buff for the Sun Breath). I tried doing this to begin with but then if the light of day spawned inside the boss or on a strange angle which made it hard to click, i couldn't click it early enough (so half of the GS was wasted). Ended up taking the safe-from-rng route to shorten progression.
    *edit* - Can you create a macro to /target light of day and interact? This probably works but I was not smart enough to think of it during progression!
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2013-02-12 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    If I'm not mistaken there is a shortcut to "interact with target" in the shortcuts menu. Just assign whichever Key you like and Make that /tar macro and press your key.

EDIT :
    Googled it

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...ct-with-target

Thank you for the feedback.

I did make a macro to target the light of day and i already had interact with target bound.
    I took the 2nd Light of day-> shammie took the first and i used my Guardian of the ancient kings to get 5 stacks of haste and then cast ES and Eternal flame. For the 3rd The light of day i use my wings and DF.

Its still not dead yet but an improvement. Thank you for the feedback.
    I dont use any big CDs on the breath.

Deleted
    I went crit for this fight Holy shock crits almost 100% And you get pretty fast divine light. And crit itself is not bad considering the +% healing on the boss. But I guess haste is good too!

Deleted
    Holy Avenger boosts FoL+DL on the beacon target aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    Holy Avenger boosts FoL+DL on the beacon target aswell.
    Did they fix that? Because it used to not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Did they fix that? Because it used to not do this.
    Holy Avenger + ToR got fixed, so yes, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    The reason you use Execution Sentence at the very beginning of a Light of Day is as the tooltip says the healing gained goes down over the duration.
    Not sure I follow this. The healing on Exec Sentence INCREASES over the duration, and as long as you cast it while you have the buff (regardless if it's fresh or has 0.5 seconds remaining) the spell will hold the increased healing percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Not sure I follow this. The healing on Exec Sentence INCREASES over the duration, and as long as you cast it while you have the buff (regardless if it's fresh or has 0.5 seconds remaining) the spell will hold the increased healing percentage.
    He's talking about the Light of Day buff, where the tooltip/dungeon journal (incorrectly, as I have a suspicion you might already know) states that the healing buff % goes down over time.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    He's talking about the Light of Day buff, where the tooltip/dungeon journal (incorrectly, as I have a suspicion you might already know) states that the healing buff % goes down over time.
    Interesting! I can honestly say I've never seen that mentioned in the tooltip, but that makes the previous comment make much more sense =)

Wouldn't casting a second eternal flame hot while the buff is still on you, on tanks boost healing overall through beacon on the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagseey View Post
    Wouldn't casting a second eternal flame hot while the buff is still on you, on tanks boost healing overall through beacon on the boss?
    I'll be honest and say that I did very little testing for this boss, but I believe that "buffed heals" only stay 'buffed' (for the full duration) if they are cast on Tsulong. So yes, it would increase healing, but not by an astronomical amount. If somebody has better information (fairly certain somebody does!) I'd love for them to share it =)

I was thinking about doing this, but I don't believe this will be helpful at all (aside from raid heals). Your buffed heal AND HoTs will mostly be overheal on the tank, so only 50% of it will transfer to beacon. This is a little more than the heal that you would have gained by putting the entire EF on Tsulong (the heal is roughly equal to the total sum of the HoTs).

However, you then have to realize that your FoL glyph only affects the target your FoL is cast on, aka, Tsulong. So you would rather put the EF on Tsulong to begin with. This is double if you have GS or something on Tsulong. If you're using Guardian, you want to put the EF on Tsulong as well.

That said, I haven't done the math on whether the EF heal is more than 10% of the HoTs assuming typical haste values (if you're using GoAK, your final 26(?) tick EF should go on Tsulong), so I'm not sure if it is a benefit or not, but I felt it was more micromanagement than it would be worth anyway.