Possible Concepts for Next Expansion

Even though there have been many threads about what the next expansion will be, I just wanted to post this one to offer some concept ideas IF it is Burning Legion themed.

If indeed the next expansion is themed around the Burning Legion invading Azeroth once more, how plausible do you think it might be if Karazhan makes a reappearance? Why Karazhan? Well, there are a number of reasons/pieces of evidence that make it an ideal spot for the invasion to happen in.

1. All of Azeroth's Ley lines lead to a location under Karazhan. All of that power could easily be used to open a portal into the Nether.

2. Some traces of the legion might linger on from when Sargeras occupied Medivh's body.

3. Netherspace: It really hasn't been clearly defined by anyone. It might be a gateway into the Twisting Nether itself, a twisted copy of Karazhan, or a different dimension entirely.

4. Prince Malchezaar: Why was a random Eredar at the top of Karazhan? That fact has been somewhat shrugged off. They're relatively high ranking members of the legion too. Maybe the Prince was given the task of prepared the tower as a point to launch the invasion with Netherspace acting as the medium to do so.

5. Deadwind pass has been practically empty and devoid of any meaning since the start of WoW, it could be given a purpose. Maybe it might be a daily quest hub? That crypt area could finally be used as an area the Legion is trying to open more portals in.

6. Some of the characters involved in Karazhan's past affairs would have the opportunity to be in the spotlight once more, Khadgar especially. Maybe it's time for him to show us exactly how much he's learned from the Naaru in Shattrath? Also, it might be time for him to stop giving that terrible tour of the city quest. No one knows what happened to Medivh either after the end of Warcraft 3. He might make a reappearance even though he intended to "take his place among the legends of the past".

7. Karazhan has simply too much back story to remain unused for much longer. In no ways am I acting as a Karazhan fan boy. Sure, the raid was great, but from a Lore perspective it didn't really explain much and was more of a filler raid.

8. Karazhan could also be used as a pre-expansion event. It could be re-vamped if Blizzard decided to.

9. And finally, even though this may be a far stretch, one of the whispers from the puzzle box of Yogg'Saron is "The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow." It would make sense if the giant rook it's referring to is Karazhan, but who it Yogg referring to by saying "his shadow". Many of the other whispers from the box refer to the Old God N'Zoth underwater. Is it also N'zoth Yogg is referring to? Or is it someone else? Sargeras? Medivh? Or someone unknown.

Based on all these reasons, how plausible do you think that this concept might potentially take place in the next expansion?

Note: Please don't just post comments like, "Kara was the best raid evar and it should come back. Kara 4 lyfe. TBC rox." Keep it about ideas for how the Legion might come back into Azeroth/thoughts on Karazhan.

Im placing my bet on, that the next expansion will be about N'zoth trying to invade azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see a return to Karazhan and explore the underground portions of the tower that are supposed to be down there.

One thing that might bring us back there are events that took place in Wrath - Malygos was attempting to re-align the ley line network from Northrend, so that the central point of all ley lines would converge on the Nexus rather than beneath Karazhan. We still don't know exactly how much damage he caused, and the blue dragons haven't exactly had much free time to put things back properly.

There's no telling what kind of havoc changing the central ley line point of Azeroth has wrought on Karazhan - could be a good excuse to finally go down there and see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Im placing my bet on, that the next expansion will be about N'zoth trying to invade azeroth.
    but.... n'zoth is already on azeroth...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Must there be a new thread about the same topic every week?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think I read somewhere back in the day from one of the developer that they wanted to do an expansion were Sargeras would be the main fight, think they said it would probably would be the last expansion of wow. And if I remember correctly it was 6.0 then they were going to introduce Titan after that.

But that was couple of years back, I think before Cata, and things might have changed since then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post
    I think I read somewhere back in the day from one of the developer that they wanted to do an expansion were Sargeras would be the main fight, think they said it would probably would be the last expansion of wow. And if I remember correctly it was 6.0 then they were going to introduce Titan after that.

But that was couple of years back, I think before Cata, and things might have changed since then.
    They've never ever said anything of the sort, unless you can come up with sources.

On topic, Wrathion shows us an image of the legion invading Azeroth from orbit , which would be a pretty cool world event.

Also the Exodar is flying again and the Draenei want to take the fight back to the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post

no you are wrong. they have never talked about a "last expansion" they have never talked about titan being anything other than another blizzard game and they have never talked about sargeras ever being ingame other than "he will be felt long before he ever even shows up".

the closest thing to blizzard ever mentioning a "last" expansion was before wrath launched when someone asked them how far they see ahead and they said they wanted to go to ATLEAST lvl 100. since then they have repeated many times that 100 is just a number and that as long as wow is profitable they will make content for it.

i really wish people would stop pulling shit out their ass when it comes to titan
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftExE View Post
    9. And finally, even though this may be a far stretch, one of the whispers from the puzzle box of Yogg'Saron is "The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow." It would make sense if the giant rook it's referring to is Karazhan, but who it Yogg referring to by saying "his shadow".
    Beneath the rook's shadow. Deadwind Pass. Another interpretation could be a reference to the Emerald Nightmare. The shadow being the nightmare, and the dream being full of trees and the rook being N'zoth for some reason, but that makes way less sense, unless he's the "rook" for something more powerful, like a "king".

As for the xpack's main theme, I don't think they'd be throwing in the Burning Legion xpack too soon, but I hope I am wrong.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in Cata i was flying towards Kara to try for the pony mount when i decided to have a look at the place from above. I found a non active Alliance flight path on one of the towers.
    Now this MIGHT have been there since TBC, but as there is no other way to get to that FP without flying i doubt it. What is it for ? Just for looks ormaybe something else entirely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    Well in Cata i was flying towards Kara to try for the pony mount when i decided to have a look at the place from above. I found a non active Alliance flight path on one of the towers.
    Now this MIGHT have been there since TBC, but as there is no other way to get to that FP without flying i doubt it. What is it for ? Just for looks ormaybe something else entirely ?
    It has been since the release of Kara. They were going to use it as a shortcut in the instance but decided to scrap it. That's all it was for.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they did bring back Bolvar as the 'new lk' or something along those lines or Bolvar is able to control it but knows what happened to Artha's body and, once again, The Legion has something to do with it. Brought back to life as a Burning Legion Lieutenant or something like that. Crazy ideas? yes but hey Blizzard has surprised us before.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10. The wow forum community hates it and goes qqqqq all the way home.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two expansion concepts floating about that we know of. The first is what has been hinted at in the legendary questline, the return of the legion in some form. The concepts I've seen suggested for a second legion expansion include Outland getting 'cataclysmed' and maybe setting the majority of the expansion on the Draenei homeworld of Argus. Or maybe going to Xoroth.

The Second Concept I know if is a Queen Azshara/N'Zoth expansion set among the islands of Azeroth, bringing back and re-tuning the Lost Isles and Kezan and adding in the Kul Tiras, Tel Abim, whatever is left of Zandalar (maybe High King Rastakhan and Prophet Zul), Plunder Isle (home of the Bloodsail Buccaneers) and maybe an Underwater zone ala Vashj'ir but this time containing Ny'alotha and the Naga Capital Nazjatar. If N'zoth is buried in Ny'alotha, there could also be the long hoped for Emerald Dream raid (i doubt it's expansion worthy) with the Rift of Aln making an appearence (the last refuge of the Nightmare).

Of coruse the fifth expansion could be something completely different, however it heartens me that there is still plenty of fresh new content that can be added to WoW. It might never die at this rate haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    10. The wow forum community hates it and goes qqqqq all the way home.
    Agree with this, WoW community has to many people that whine & QQ about anything today. Next they will complain about there being to many buttons to push.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I think the new tip in MoP about noone has seen Turalyon and Alleria in years means we will see them soon. So we will be back on Outland in some form.

I'd really hope there will be an expansion with an ocean setting including Tel'Abim, Zandalar, Plunder Isle, Kezan, the Broken Isle, Kul'Tiras and the Darkspear Isle.

Starting zones: Kul'Tiras and Darkspear Isle featuring the Horde-Alliance-conflict - both 90-92
    Level zones: Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, Zandalar (all three with level range 92-94)
    Endgame zones: Kezan (players will rebuilding the isle for the neutral goblins), the Broken Isles (Naga infested and remember the Tomb of Sargeras) - both 94-95

Additional zones added during the expansion: Nazjatar and Mak'ara

It's a shame that Kul'Tiras, one of the most important human nations, have yet to make an apparence in WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Would give them an excuse to revamp Karazhan. Everyone loved that, so it's not a bad idea. Though then it would be filled with demons and a few undead.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!