Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can we get banned for this?

Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

Are they talking shit or is it true?

edit: Its the only way I can make gold and its pretty good business for us, but I'll stop doing it if its illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

Are they talking shit or is it true?
    They are trolling. Afaik boosting is only bad when you give them pvp rating or what have you. People don't get in trouble for selling raid runs, so why would challenge modes get you in trouble?

If you have to, I'd ask a GM just to be safe though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

gold medals in challenge modes? no you can't.
    it's the same as carrying a shitty dps or fail healer. there is just more of a reward than possible loot from a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I wouldn't worry, I've never heard of anyone getting banned for doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't violate anything that I'm aware of. It is effectively the same as people who sell achieves, mounts and loot in high end raiding guilds. If you were performing some sort of scam you would be at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

180k? Holy #### that's cheap. My realms selling them for 500k.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflomnom View Post
    180k? Holy #### that's cheap. My realms selling them for 500k.
    Well its what we can do with our shit realm... we even have people transfering guild banks from other servers since we get actually zero customers on our own realm

Deleted
    180K for 1 or for all?

180k for all, but we have recently have issues with our tanks computer crashing so we postponed our services until he get it fixed.

Deleted
    Seems like a pretty good deal, but no can't can get banned for this, because there is no end reward as in PvP, and most carries there are sold for RL money instead of gold.

People have been selling PVE boosts since the start

Deleted
    If it's in game gold, you're absolutely fine and people are just jealous or angry or perhaps genuinely confused.

Yes its 180k ingame gold for 9/9 gold done in 1 day :]

Deleted
    If any kind of boosting with in game money were against the ToS i would be 700 times banned.

No,its not.

I would suggest you open a ticket to ask a GM.Its not a I got my doubts(i dont)...but like a marketing tool theres a lot of people(aka customers) not quite sure about this so It would boost your sales if you advertise it as "Gm Confirmed 100% under the ToS" to avoid losing customers.

It's an in-game service bought with in-game gold. No problems. It's an issue with PvP because it goes against the spirit of competition, but with PvE you're only fighting against the game itself so it's fine.

So long as you aren't muddying the waters between real money transactions and in-game services/items, then it's probably ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's 100% legal. Or my group is in trouble for running people through DragonSoul and Firelands for the mounts for ingame gold.

It's a in game transaction with in game currency for an in game service/achievement/dungeon.

You're fine unless you're scamming them by not holding up your end of the bargin. Those people are likely just jealous they can't do Challenge modes/have the gold for what you're doing. (But really 180k? I reckon you could squeeze over 200k for that :P)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

It's a bit of a double standard I'd say being illegal to boost people in pvp but not in pve.

any type of boosting for gold is not bannable, regardless pve/pvp/cm/etc. if you do it for cash it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    It's a bit of a double standard I'd say being illegal to boost people in pvp but not in pve.
    Boosting people in pvp is often done by them giving you their account and their character being played by someone else. If I went and said: "Hey guys, I really want Grand Marshall rating, here's 500k. Take me into your badass RBG group and try to carry my sorry pvp-noobish behind a bit while I try to not do things that are stupid", that would be perfectly fine.

@OP: Don't worry. There's nothing 'illegal' about dragging people through dungeons to help them get nifty gear/mounts/stuff in exchange for in-game gold.

Lol, no of course it's not against anything, unless you do it for cash, which I've seen some people spamming for lately. If you're really that concerned, ask a gm.

Good job though, I guess this is one way to promote yourself without making it so obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Boosting against an AI is just fine. Boosting through game aspects that are competitions between players, which results in the oponements' game experience being ruined is not.