Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Items in raids have been sold for ages and by many guilds on runs, this is the same principle, it's allowed.

It's like people making "ninja" tickets on people rolling need for an item not optimal for them in a need and greed system, all it does is waste GM time and make them facepalm.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

tradeing ingame gold to get someone an ingame reward = allowed. now if you made them pay real money then yes it would be

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the issue with people "selling" the Gold CM runs were that they had to actually play your char? Otherwise, how would you get gold with 4 people if the other guy just wasn't good enough? (Hence wanting to buy in the first place)

But, as other's have said, simply selling (boosting) for gold is not illegal in any shape or form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I thought the issue with people "selling" the Gold CM runs were that they had to actually play your char? Otherwise, how would you get gold with 4 people if the other guy just wasn't good enough? (Hence wanting to buy in the first place)

But, as other's have said, simply selling (boosting) for gold is not illegal in any shape or form.
    You need to be confident that you can 4 man it even if the person can't contribute... the same way that people sold 5 man mount runs, and 10 man heroic mount/achievement runs. Anyone with that much gold to spend probably isn't going to troll people and just run into fire and die but you'd have to be confident that even if they do horrific DPS you can carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You need to be confident that you can 4 man it even if the person can't contribute... the same way that people sold 5 man mount runs, and 10 man heroic mount/achievement runs. Anyone with that much gold to spend probably isn't going to troll people and just run into fire and die but you'd have to be confident that even if they do horrific DPS you can carry them.
    They dont have to contribute a lot, but atleast use invis pots when we tell them to and not ninjapull extra packs. DPS usually isnt a problem since we do enough dps with tank, warlock and mage. Our tank runs full dps gear and does 70k as blood on bosses.

We only require the people we boost to not pull extra packs and use invis when told.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol a while ago, in /2 someone was bashing the top guild for scamming, they offer same service for challenge modes but its 500k anyway in /2 person screamed and kicked and cried foul play at the guild.

The guild carried the player through cannot recall 4 or so of the 9 it took hours, and in the end they the guild called it quits too carry the person, divided the gold, gave him litle more then half back, kept the rest.

He sooked and opened a ticket, he got the rest of his gold back off the guild - the guild did not honor what they offered to sell apparently.

People involved opened a Ticket, urged the GM(s) to read their tickets properly and check chat logs.

Offer was something like, 9/9 500k, constantly pull mobs, fail/die not listen, hinder us, basically be a down right idiot = we keep half your gold, you get half back and shit listed.

They gave the buyer more then half his gold back, he costed them cannot remember think was like almost 4 hrs, for 4 bosses, pulled everything, killed group to many times, was a total nutcase.

That guild sells them all the time, and loads of people previous buyers defended the guild to deliver as they stipulated.

GM gave guild back the gold, they re-took off the buyer..... :/

Weird crap happens.

Sometimes you just cannot carry the dumbest of dumb.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

Are they talking shit or is it true?

edit: Its the only way I can make gold and its pretty good business for us, but I'll stop doing it if its illegal.
    I dont think its bannable, nor illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Boosting people in pvp is often done by them giving you their account and their character being played by someone else. If I went and said: "Hey guys, I really want Grand Marshall rating, here's 500k. Take me into your badass RBG group and try to carry my sorry pvp-noobish behind a bit while I try to not do things that are stupid", that would be perfectly fine.

@OP: Don't worry. There's nothing 'illegal' about dragging people through dungeons to help them get nifty gear/mounts/stuff in exchange for in-game gold.
    Exactly, or else, as is recently been popular, you stay on your own account and you get into wintrading (without the customer usually being aware of this fact beforehand).

Being "bad" is not bannable, and if you pay someone to bring you where you would get owned normally, that's totally fine. See it as: "i'm bad. but hey, here, have 180k gold gift!!"

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You'd be surprised, having sold some runs myself. I always wonder where they get the gold, and end up not asking. I'd not be surprised if they buy it. :<

4manning a cmode is pretty interesting though, don't think i'd wanna sell those runs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Basicly me and my CM group are selling carries through gold medals for 180k gold. I get whispered all the time by people in trade chat that boosting is banable and they will take our gold away.

Are they talking shit or is it true?

edit: Its the only way I can make gold and its pretty good business for us, but I'll stop doing it if its illegal.
    It's probably only 'banable' or an offense if you are actually playing the individuals character.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as you ask for a gold fund and not real money its np.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    It's fine for gold, as long as the buyer plays his own character. But if you are linking your Skype name then the wiser players will accuse you of offering real money services too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    lol a while ago, in /2 someone was bashing the top guild for scamming, they offer same service for challenge modes but its 500k anyway in /2 person screamed and kicked and cried foul play at the guild.

The guild carried the player through cannot recall 4 or so of the 9 it took hours, and in the end they the guild called it quits too carry the person, divided the gold, gave him litle more then half back, kept the rest.

He sooked and opened a ticket, he got the rest of his gold back off the guild - the guild did not honor what they offered to sell apparently.

People involved opened a Ticket, urged the GM(s) to read their tickets properly and check chat logs.

Offer was something like, 9/9 500k, constantly pull mobs, fail/die not listen, hinder us, basically be a down right idiot = we keep half your gold, you get half back and shit listed.

They gave the buyer more then half his gold back, he costed them cannot remember think was like almost 4 hrs, for 4 bosses, pulled everything, killed group to many times, was a total nutcase.

That guild sells them all the time, and loads of people previous buyers defended the guild to deliver as they stipulated.

GM gave guild back the gold, they re-took off the buyer..... :/

Weird crap happens.

Sometimes you just cannot carry the dumbest of dumb.
    This never happened, you have been lied to. Blizzard do not refund money to players if they are buying a service like boosting, that's why so many players have gotten away with selling fake Alani tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    It's a bit of a double standard I'd say being illegal to boost people in pvp but not in pve.
    Boosting in PvP is perfectly fine so long as it doesn't involve real world money and it's done legitimately (Boosted player joins the run, the other 9 carry him to victories legitimately)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This never happened, you have been lied to. Blizzard do not refund money to players if they are buying a service like boosting, that's why so many players have gotten away with selling fake Alani tags.
    not at all, they actually DO infact refund you the gold, because it is classed as "scamming" and thats not something bliz supports or condones.

And I know for a fact they DO refund gold, has happened to myself when I bought a run for the FOS and guild couldnt deliver it on day/time they stipulated in /p chat, where rules were laid down, and they wanted too keep re-scheduling, which was NOT part of he agreement, I got my gold back, + 7 or so heroic bosses for free.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    boosting for in-game gold is fine , trying to sell it for real money is a banable offence.
    Many guilds have been making their gold with sell runs for years.

I dont believe that is illegal thoose people are probably just jealous that you are making gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    not at all, they actually DO infact refund you the gold, because it is classed as "scamming" and thats not something bliz supports or condones.

And I know for a fact they DO refund gold, has happened to myself when I bought a run for the FOS and guild couldnt deliver it on day/time they stipulated in /p chat, where rules were laid down, and they wanted too keep re-scheduling, which was NOT part of he agreement, I got my gold back, + 7 or so heroic bosses for free.
    You were in the wrong here. I've been boosting people in PvP/PvE since early WOLK and we have many times have to re-schedule due to stuff coming up. If you got 7 HC bosses and then ticketed for your money back because you were too impatient to wait for the people you paid then you are both bad at the game and stupid to boot.

Deleted
    As long as it's in game gold, it's all fine.

If you were to start saying stuff like "add me on Skype for details" then you might get banned, but even then I don't think they do since there's no real solid proof that it's a real money transaction.

Most 'top' Guilds do this so that they can afford to buy Raiding mats, BoEs and, when they come out, Epic gems. Think of when patch 4.3 first hit. Epic gems were expensive but top Guilds want their Raiders have every possible advantage.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2013-02-25 at 03:17 PM.

guilds cannot get banned unless theres proof that people have chatted and are trying to sell or offer real money as currency. the best gms can do is check chat logs.. they cant do anything else so if its just gold then they will be able to step in.