I thought you had to have MOP to play a panda?

Gave my friend a battle chest (the five dollar version - hey I am cheap) and he made a Panda!

That seems odd so am I confused? Is the requirement just for the new high level zones?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

You no longer need the expansion to play the expansion race(s).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    when 5.0 pre-launch patch came out they made all races playable no matter the version of the game you had.

however this doesnt apply too classes and you need MoP if you want a monk.

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5153835643

Also checking if I can post images now:
    Last edited by Leyn; 2013-02-11 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Gave my friend a battle chest (the five dollar version - hey I am cheap) and he made a Panda!

That seems odd so am I confused? Is the requirement just for the new high level zones?
    I don't understand your question. If he made a panda - it is pretty obvious that whatever you thought about creating pandas before was either wrong or it has changed. He couldn't be making a panda if that weren't the case, now would it?