Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Would be epic!

12 13.64%
  • No (Consuela style)

67 76.14%
  • Maybe

5 5.68%
  • This should have been implemented ages ago...

4 4.55%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Paladin spell COLOR

Since warlocks gets green flames.

Why can't paladins turn evil? Get a quest that makes all spells dark?
    Like Arthas?

Can't be the only one who thinks paladin spells may provoke "Epileptic disease"
    So giving paladins an opportunity to get dark spell effects and look a bit evil like Arthas shud be implemented.

Your thoughts?

A evil paladin is a death knight, stated in this thread by allot of people, therefore i thought how about a paladin which is about to cross the line? Not a pure evil paladin but a paladin on his way to the evil side? Would be an awesome questline for shure!

I know warlocks deserve their green fire! But the game lacks class specific (class changing quests) if you have good ideas for other classes they are welcome.
    Does not have to be color changing of spells, perhaps suitable cosmetic things warriors could get a Avatar appearance (this is from Warcraft so it fits) .
    Last edited by anabolicz; 2013-02-11 at 01:04 PM.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

They're called Death Knights.

NO. Everything must be white!
    GLOOOOOOOOORIOUS WHITE! With a pinch of BANANA YELLOW!

(I agree though, Paladin spells tend to get kinda boring.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    But they don't have pally abilitys..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Since warlocks gets green flames.

Why can't paladins turn evil? Get a quest that makes all spells dark?
    Like Arthas?

Can't be the only one who thinks paladin spells may provoke "Epileptic disease"
    So giving paladins an opportunity to get dark spell effects and look a bit evil like Arthas shud be implemented.

Your thoughts?
    I'm fairly certain Arthas stopped being a Paladin when the Light stopped responding to him. It didn't turn Dark or Shadow or anything, he just lost it. He later replaced it when he class changed to Death Knight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Lawl true say

Infracted. Post constructively. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-02-11 at 03:37 PM.

'Evil' Paladins just doesn't work. It goes against the entire point of the Paladin. As mentioned above, 'evil' Paladins tend to become Death Knights instead.

Paladins get their power from The Light; from their faith and utter devotion to righteousness. As long as they believe, completely and whole-heartedly, that what they are doing is right, then they are empowered with The Light. If they started throwing diseases around and turned to darkness, then they can't really believe that they're doing the right thing, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    But they don't have pally abilitys..
    An evil paladin is a death knight. Specific abilities don't count for anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Can't be the only one who thinks paladin spells may provoke "Epileptic disease" "
    Did you just call Epilepsy a disease? You sir are a moron.

"'Evil' Paladins just doesn't work. It goes against the entire point of the Paladin. As mentioned above, 'evil' Paladins tend to become Death Knights instead.

Paladins get their power from The Light; from their faith and utter devotion to righteousness. As long as they believe, completely and whole-heartedly, that what they are doing is right, then they are empowered with The Light. If they started throwing diseases around and turned to darkness, then they can't really believe that they're doing the right thing, can they?"
    Sums it up really.

Lets not call other posters morons. Thank you! -Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-11 at 02:18 PM.

They could be semi "holy" Getting their powers from a dark god that fights for the light?
    Playing paladin with the lights of is like turning the lights on and off------> ------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>------>Airplane headlights

10+ Year Old Account
    i could see either;

white, because why(te) not? you see other games with white holy light, white is an uncorrupted color and is seen as a sign of purity

Crimson, to signify how the scarlet crusade used the light (as a force of retribution and zealotry instead of justice) or perhaps too show-case some blood knight techniques
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Did you just call Epilepsy a disease? You sir are a moron.
    Seizure Disorder then... sorry for not being a doctor...

I think rainbow-colored oder pink spells would fit paladins.

If they're going to give us an option to change our spell colours, then it should be a colour that would suit the class. Pure bright white!

There are no "Evil Paladins" the moment a paladin turns evil they lose their connection to the light and are no longer paladins. o.0 Arthas is a prime example ... he isn't a paladin, he stopped being a paladin the moment he took up the evil blade frostmourne though I could be mistaken. Closest thing to an "Evil Paladin" are the death knights. It is also the reason that Undead cannot be paladin, because they for one are not "holy" they lean towards "evil" and the ONLY reason they can be holy/disc priest is game play mechanics (Locking 2 trees for a race would be rather silly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    There are no "Evil Paladins" the moment a paladin turns evil they lose their connection to the light and are no longer paladins.
    Nope, in the Warcraft universe, the moment they're no longer Lawful they lose their powers. The Good-Evil axis has nothing to do with it, it's all a matter of willpower and believing your cause to be righteous. Point in case: Scarlet Crusade.

Would be neat seeing red abilities for Blood Knights to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    It is also the reason that Undead cannot be paladin, because they for one are not "holy" they lean towards "evil" and the ONLY reason they can be holy/disc priest is game play mechanics (Locking 2 trees for a race would be rather silly).
    Not entirely accurate. Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin. However, Blizz explained that it is very painful for an undead to use or be healed by the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Nope, in the Warcraft universe, the moment they're no longer Lawful they lose their powers. The Good-Evil axis has nothing to do with it, it's all a matter of willpower and believing your cause to be righteous. Point in case: Scarlet Crusade.

Would be neat seeing red abilities for Blood Knights to be honest.
    Red for Horde, white for Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not entirely accurate. Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin. However, Blizz explained that it is very painful for an undead to use or be healed by the Light.
    Zeliek is also technically still 'good', but his body is not under his control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Zeliek is also technically still 'good', but his body is not under his control.
    I know, I was more commenting on the undead part then the good-evil part.