Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Would be epic!

12 13.64%
  • No (Consuela style)

67 76.14%
  • Maybe

5 5.68%
  • This should have been implemented ages ago...

4 4.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I was referring to things I have heard that people want, like this post wanting a Dark Paladin. Its silly and doesn't have a base.
    Ah, my apologies then. The closest to a dark paladin might be a fallen crusader, but sorta demands you to be undead. But still, would need to develop a whole new base of lore for the dead. If it kept building, they should just give the undead a final faction for themselves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was referring to things I have heard that people want, like this post wanting a Dark Paladin. Its silly and doesn't have a base.
    It could be a paladin which is about to cross the line, therefore darkening his spells.
    Like a pre death knight paladin

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    It could be a paladin which is about to cross the line, therefore darkening his spells.
    Like a pre death knight paladin
    Then that isn't really a Paladin is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ah, my apologies then. The closest to a dark paladin might be a fallen crusader, but sorta demands you to be undead. But still, would need to develop a whole new base of lore for the dead. If it kept building, they should just give the undead a final faction for themselves.
    I wish WoW were more strict about these things. Things like Gnome Druids or Gnome Paladins, or Troll Paladins, or Tauren Warlocks would make me sick. Even in Vanilla, Gnome Warriors kind of annoyed me...

Yeah, some kind of change would be cool.

Like light blue (example here, here and here ) THAT would imo be pretty damn cool.

And maybe more lightning, cause holy light = god and god uses lighting to smite those who oppose him or something like that...
    Last edited by Toobad; 2013-02-11 at 01:05 PM.

I really hate that locks got green fire.

Not that have a problem with locks using green fire spells now, but now where one class got it they will be all on the streets until teh final solution which would be:
    Everyone can pick a desired color for his spells in the options. Ideally with the possibility to have different colors for different spells.

Until that is done there wont be a possibility to silence the masses.

Then that isn't really a Paladin is it?

I wish WoW were more strict about these things. Things like Gnome Druids or Gnome Paladins, or Troll Paladins, or Tauren Warlocks would make me sick. Even in Vanilla, Gnome Warriors kind of annoyed me...
    I clearly said he would still be a paladin.

I agree to class/race thing tho.

But any race should be able to fight for the light? except undeads...

A gnome warrior seems ridiculous indeed, but a warrior is nothing more than someone who is willing to fight?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

A gnome warrior seems ridiculous indeed, but a warrior is nothing more than someone who is willing to fight?
    I guess... think of a gnome warrior as a small child with a sword... do you think he would be an effective warrior?

NO we really need to nip this thought process in the bud imo. Paladins use holy magic there is no such thing in wow as an anti-paladin which is what it seems like you want as far as "color" of spells Im happy for warlocks getting pretty green fire It doesnt mean we all need alternate colors ffs

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I really hate that locks got green fire.

Not that have a problem with locks using green fire spells now, but now where one class got it they will be all on the streets until teh final solution which would be:
    Everyone can pick a desired color for his spells in the options. Ideally with the possibility to have different colors for different spells.

Until that is done there wont be a possibility to silence the masses.
    This is what my original post was about, but I think instead of appeasing the masses, they should just ignore them.

This is what my original post was about, but I think instead of appeasing the masses, they should just ignore them.
    Couldn't agree more really.

10+ Year Old Account
    An option for silver light instead of gold would be nice.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The problem is that once a Paladin no longer worships the light, they're not a Paladin, which is why Sunwalkers and Blood Knights are called as such, the only reason they're classed as Paladin is for the sake of game mechanics, in lore terms they're an entirely separate class that is just copycatting another one.

Undead priests... holy specced... hellooooo
    Lore-wise, pretty much all undead Priests are Shadow Priests. Lore-wise, Shadow Priests heal people just like a Shadow Priest. Game mechanics-wise, it'd be unfair not to let undead priests play Holy/Discipline, and game mechanics-wise, Priests needed a damage dealing spec, so they made Shadow a damage dealer with (originally), not unimpressive passive group healing and mana return (Up until Wrath, a Shadow Priest could pump out higher HPS my dealing damage than their DPS - Vampiric Embrace healed all party members for 25% of the damage dealt (including themselves, so, in total, they healed their party for 125% of the damage they deal). The whole undead can use the light, but it hurts explanation didn't come until much later.

On-topic, I've always felt different factions of Paladins that use the light in different ways could've had different spell effects.

Gold for Humans and Dwarves.
    Silver for Draenei.
    Deep red for Blood Elves.
    Brilliant orange for Tauren.

But dark Paladins? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    I'll never understand why people want "evil" looking paladins. I always facepalm when I see them running around wearing black armour with skulls on.

Deleted
    Imo blood elves are pretty evil, but as Veyne said it would be nice for some classes to be different from different races but then again blizzard answer would be
    - It would cost a lot of money herp derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of slightly altering the colours depending on the race of the pally to match the different creeds, but dark? No, you rolled the wrong class for that.

Wouldn't go so far to say warlocks "deserve" green fire either, not a fan of the idea at all.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-02-11 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Imo blood elves are pretty evil, but as Veyne said it would be nice for some classes to be different from different races but then again blizzard answer would be
    - It would cost a lot of money herp derp.
    Blood Elves are actually legit Paladins these days, and not Blood Knights. That story arc was concluded in The Burning Crusade. And ever since the re-ignition of the Sunwell (a fount of pure Holy magic because of M'uru's sacrifice), Blood Elves have been dealing with their past transgressions. Blood Elves might have a dark flair to them, for a moment, but since the end of TBC, they've been more about redemption.

But I think it would still be cool to have some of that old Blood Knight style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

No, I think it would be cool if they did some race specific changes.
    Ex) BE pallys could become blood knights and they spells look like they are suing blood magic.

Not really, no. I just don't think "Dark Paladins" make that much sense, nor would "Light Death Knights" or "Druids of the flame"
    Okay, fair enough. I agree that a "Dark Paladin" thing is a terrible, terrible idea. I don't actually think giving every class a second spell colour option is a good idea, but something similar would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Okay, fair enough. I agree that a "Dark Paladin" thing is a terrible, terrible idea. I don't actually think giving every class a second spell colour option is a good idea, but something similar would be great.
    I'm sure some others would make sense, but Dark Pallies just don't do it for me. My first character in Vanilla was a Pally, and it doesn't make sense at all.