Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Would be epic!

12 13.64%
  • No (Consuela style)

67 76.14%
  • Maybe

5 5.68%
  • This should have been implemented ages ago...

4 4.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    In actuality, Dark Paladins have been done before, and they'd proably translate more into a Dark Knight in World of Warcraft. Instead of using diseases and blood magic, it'd be straight up shadow magic. Maybe like a Shadow Priest in armor, instead of an Affliction Warlock in armor. It's been done before, and it wouldn't be terrible on its own. The problem is, we already have Death Knights. Shadow Priests and Affliction Warlocks are already terrible similar, mechanically. We don't need it to happen with Death Knights and Dark Paladins.

Of course, this whole post has been written in the perspective as the Dark Paladin as an entirely separate class.

In World of Warcraft, Dark Paladins don't make sine, because a Paladin can use the Light for evil-doing just the same as a righteous Paladin. As someone else said, it's more of a lawful thing, rather than a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Er 'evil' paladins (by that I assume you mean do things against the paladin way) are Powerless paladins. Or at the very least their 'belief that they are doing good' would still put them in the 'paladin' group.
    Such is the ambiguity of good and evil. There's no such thing as a 'dark paladin'. A paladin must believe what he or she is doing is right in their eyes, conviction is the key to our powers.

You could argue that an 'evil paladin' is...well still a good paladin. They're the same thing. They believe completely in what they're doing.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-02-11 at 03:03 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Pink.

That is all
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    All-tho allot of the arguments shatters the dream of a questline to have a dark visual of paladin spells.
    Admit it would be awesome!
    You can always hot fix some lore to make it suitable
    "Because awesome" is a terrible reason to change something, if that's the only reason you want to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I wish WoW were more strict about these things. Things like Gnome Druids or Gnome Paladins, or Troll Paladins, or Tauren Warlocks would make me sick. Even in Vanilla, Gnome Warriors kind of annoyed me...
    Well, anybody can be a warrior. It just requires training. In my mind, I see Gnome warriors using their size and natural intelligence to their advantage, rather than brute strength to do the things they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I'll never understand why people want "evil" looking paladins. I always facepalm when I see them running around wearing black armour with skulls on.
    Well (since we're heavy on the lore here), armor like that would be best used to demoralize and terrify opponents. Paladins may be shining beacons of righteousness, but that doesn't me that they won't use fear as a weapon or tactic.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I'd like the option to become one who has fallen from the light, and have a different set of abilities. Not DK maybe a paladin who beleives in a darker god.. or beleives in the night... after all the light is a power why not the dark?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I'd like the option to become one who has fallen from the light, and have a different set of abilities. Not DK maybe a paladin who beleives in a darker god.. or beleives in the night... after all the light is a power why not the dark?
    I really think at this point we're getting to people wanting an entirely new class something like a "Dark Crusader" kind of deal. A mix of DK, Warrior and Slightly Paladin, utilizing Shadow instead of light.

To highlight the whole thought though, I truly think what people desire is NOT Paladins. Quite on the contrary it seems like many people want to go against what Paladins are and stand for.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Well (since we're heavy on the lore here), armor like that would be best used to demoralize and terrify opponents. Paladins may be shining beacons of righteousness, but that doesn't me that they won't use fear as a weapon or tactic.
    Can you show me some examples of notable Paladins from the lore who dress like that besides Tirion in ICC (see note below)?

Paladins exist to combat evil (demons, undead and anything associated with that). Evil people aren't afraid of skulls and some black paint; the thought of burning in holy fire is what's scary to them.

The only tier set I can even think of with skull motifs was the ICC one, which was clearly designed around the instance theme rather than the class (after all, Rogues got a gimp suit to wear which has nothing to do with Rogues) anyway.

This is Paladin:

This is not:

Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-02-11 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Can you show me some examples of notable Paladins from the lore who dress like that besides Tirion in ICC (see note below)?

Paladins exist to combat evil (demons, undead and anything associated with that). Evil people aren't afraid of skulls and some black paint; the thought of burning in holy fire is what's scary to them.

The only tier set I can even think of with skull motifs was the ICC one, which was clearly designed around the instance theme rather than the class (after all, Rogues got a gimp suit to wear which has nothing to do with Rogues) anyway.
    I was talking in a general sense of tactics, rather than based on lore (the lore comment was more of an answer to "why would a paladin wear 'evil' looking gear). Evil people can have more normal, fear-prone minions, can they not?

Though I agree, going full T11 DK set on a Paladin does seem rather silly.

As for the aura glyph, I would love that. I love how Priests got a persistent, pulsing aura graphic, and we get nothing of the sort.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post

As for the aura glyph, I would love that. I love how Priests got a persistent, pulsing aura graphic, and we get nothing of the sort.
    Truthfully annoying. With Aura's done away with (Man I miss the visuals of changing) it'd be nice to have the pulsating aura below your feet always (or at least in combat)
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Truthfully annoying. With Aura's done away with (Man I miss the visuals of changing) it'd be nice to have the pulsating aura below your feet always (or at least in combat)
    Could make it tied to spec, Devo for Prot, Ret for.. Ret and Cons for Holy, talking about the old aura animations of course.

No, I like sparkles and glitter.

I think the poll speaks for itself.... this is a TERRIBLE idea, roll a different class if you don't enjoy the one you're using, don't ask for nonsense changes. Paladins use the light, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Could make it tied to spec, Devo for Prot, Ret for.. Ret and Cons for Holy, talking about the old aura animations of course.
    Could be cool; honestly though I'd be happy if we could have just the old blue Devotion graphic pulse every 15 seconds orso while fighting. I'd much rather that than the Contemplation glyph which I have never used.

I like the idea of blood knight style red abilities maybe? Already have the minor glyph for the seal in the game, and lines up lore wise for the blood elves at least. Maybe make a stretch and make it an option for all spells all races?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:52 AM ----------

Edit: Also on that note, can someone pester GC to give us a glyph that pulses our old aura ground graphic?
    Also, this is a better suggestion than anything else in the thread.