Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    If I remember correctly the GoSac buff provides zero benefit to FnB. So, my guess is we will rock a pet and haste heavy build as destro for anything other than a cleave fight.

you all are forgetting one thing, pet AI is CRAP even is gosacup sims higher it will probably be worse in real fights as it still tends to delay uses off spells and stuff

Deleted

5.2 Destro Buffs

With changes announced today to Destruction, will it make it one of the better DPS specs next tier or will Affliction still be significantly ahead?

Deleted
    GoSac provides 20% extra damage for Incinerate and Conflagrate which is great for FnB spam, unless you only use one FnB+Immolate and nothing more.

I have never noticed the minion AI beign as crap as some people say, my Shivarra and Fel Imp always do what I tell them to and what they are supposed to do.
    Except maybe for Elegon HC but I don't use a minion there so I don't know for sure, but the Doomguard won't work so I suppose all minions are kind of sketchy at that fight.

Deleted
    GoSac provides 20% extra damage for Incinerate and Conflagrate which is great for FnB spam, unless you only use one FnB+Immolate and nothing more.
    Nope it doesn't work with FnB abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Nope it doesn't work with FnB abilities
    Whaaaat?

How the hell have I not noticed that?!
    I've been playing Destruction for the entire Expansion now and have like 25 days played on lvl90 and I havn't noticed that.

Man I'm such a noob sometimes. I blindly trust the tooltips and look where that got me!

Thanks for clearing that up though, I'll just use my Shivarra even more then in 5.2 than I'm currently am.

*walks away in shame*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    at what point during all of cataclysm did spriests dominate? or did i miss an expansion
    T11 specially at the start of it.

Deleted
    Man I'm such a noob sometimes. I blindly trust the tooltips and look where that got me!
    Read the tooltip of the buff

Well the buff to inc is quite big since it is a big part of our dps. Immolate i feel like that wouldnt be a big deal. You also have to taken to account that GSac is nerf by 5%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno344 View Post
    With changes announced today to Destruction, will it make it one of the better DPS specs next tier or will Affliction still be significantly ahead?
    With a thread named "Will Destro and Demo be competitive in PvE" around in the top of the forum I think you should have looked a bit harder to find the correct thread to pose your question in. Merged it with that one, you should find your answer here, if you read through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    @Melian - dunny why i must wrote same things again and again.

So ill ask you few questions:

- why you are 100% sure that demo locks always have bad luck with RNG and affli locks always have great luck and best tryies ?
    - why you are 100% sure that all demo players are just totally retards and nubs and just cant play this class ?
    - why you are 100% sure that all affli players are best players in the world ?
    - why you are 100% sure that each affli player would be also best of the best in each other class ?
    - why you are 100% sure that best affli players would made MUCH MUCH more DPS in demo than players that actually played it already - at least 15% more DPS ?

Cos those are blizzards and ofc yours statement for the moment. I just would like to know what facts makes you think like that ? It cant be - "just becouse" - there MUST be something. So far i didnt saw any. So far the only one proof i saw - that some ppl (and Blizzard) - is just that demo players are doing much much less DPS than affli. But ... but it works ONLY when you accept the assumption that Affli and Demo DPS are equall. But now ... you must have any proof that its equall. So ? So this whole statement is just illogical.

BTW - if we will take this silly statement as a true - why the hell blizzard is buffing Demo ? Look. Demo and affli are equall now, when Demo will be buffed and affli will be nerfet a bit (atm at least) - we will have another OP spec ? Or blizzard thinks that those great pro players will stick to affliction ? But ... But affliction great pro players are so great that they should analyze it, do some theorycrafting and they should see that demo > affli. So in that case they will start playing Demo. So now Demo results wont be only = situation we have now + buffs, but = situation we have now + 15% + buffs. That will be even more OP than mages !!!

So ... somethings wrong here. You and blizzard must change some of your assumptions. And when you will do it - tell me and we could start talking about situation we have now.

Or different way, just answer 1 question:

What makes you think that mastered Demo specc (we didnt saw yet) is equall (in equall i mean even 5% less dps than affli) that mastered Affli spec (we dont know if we saw it yet) ?
    I never siad, that neither demo nor destro players are retards. In contrary, i said the fact they deal less dmg they could does not make them worse players, it's just because of the fact that the do not even have the option to do so (because of a less discovered specc).
    Additionally i did not say, that demo, desto and affli are on par with each other. In contrary, i said affli is theoretically the best specc atm.
    I do not even know where you take this from?!

My statement is, that if the 100.000 players that are playing affli atm would switch to play demo (for example) then the wisdom about demo would grow fast and chances are very high, that a month later, the top 5 demo wol reports would be 5-10 or even 20% higher than they are now. Possibly even by the same people that are on 1-5 now. That's not the thing. It's just about the "specc knowledge" and specific tricks on each encounter for each specc.

Demo and Destro would then still be behind affli. But the gab would be much smaller and there would definetly be some fights were destro or demo would be better then affli.

The whole discussion started just because of 1 thing: The fact that a demo lock that ranks himself on (for example) #8 today, can not say. that he is a better player than a affli lock that ranks himself on #100. Because it is way more easy to rank yourself on #8 demo than it is to even rank you at all in affli. And if all affli locks would switch to demo, than some weeks later when they all are experianced in the specc, chances are high, that the player that ranked himself #8 will not be able to get into the top 200 at all - because there are 99.000 new people there that may have had a lucky try - what he hasnt had.