1. #1

    so apparently Blizzard doesn't want my Paypal Money...

    I wanted to upgrade my MoP account to the Digital Deluxe Edition. I don't have a credit card, but I do have PayPal, which is enough for 90% of the other online stores. Not for Blizzard though. They need a credit card attached to the Paypal Account before I can transact with them.

    really? If I had a credit card, I'd use that to shop online instead of Paypal... What's your opinion on this?
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  2. #2
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,664
    I really do not care since I have one. Borrow a friends or familys card?

  3. #3
    It's not that Blizzard doesn't want your money, it's that they don't want the enormous quantities of fake fraud money that would be sent through Paypal to them.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  4. #4
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,247
    You always need a credit card to make transactions on paypal, Just borrow a parents or family member's card and pay them back.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  5. #5
    A few years ago I had trouble paying for my subscription because Blizzard stopped accepting business from my credit card company. :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    You always need a credit card to make transactions on paypal
    That's not true. You don't need a ccard for Paypal, but you do need one attached to Paypal for Blizzard. Two different things.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    That's not true. You don't need a ccard for Paypal, but you do need one attached to Paypal for Blizzard. Two different things.
    Indeed. Steam doesn't need one. Green Man Gaming doesn't need one. Blizzard, on the other hand, does.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    Next time you go to the store, get one of those visa gift cards. If you use someone else's the transaction might be denied or not go through if there's a discrepency with the info on the account and card, like different names.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    You always need a credit card to make transactions on paypal, Just borrow a parents or family member's card and pay them back.
    Not anymore... you can have credits at Paypal by transferring money to your Paypal account from your bank...

  10. #10
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,535
    Think it is for the sad truth, the reputation of Paypal. It is in one spot, a good tool and in another spot, a tool used for alot of fraud/cheat. It is more for safety that they don't operate with Paypal I think, safety for you and all. Paypal currently is used by alot of people whom act against Blizzards terms, ie. selling items for real money and account selling, this is also used by many gold sellers.

    Blizzard chose to simply cut the whole service as Paypal refused to block all of these users that uses it for breaking the Blizzard terms and conditions.

    I am pretty sure they do want your money, they don't want to leave people in the grey zone. Onlything to do is borrowing a card and pay back.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Pirate before max level, why not, it is not like I want easy leveling

  11. #11
    Moderator d3v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    4,722
    What do I think about this? I think this is such a minor issue that it wasn't worthy making a thread about it, especially on a fansite instead of the official forums.

    But seeing as we have the thread now, as others have said, borrow a family members or friends card and pay them back, or get yourself a credit card from online payment places like moneybookers (I used one from moneybookers for years, seeing my income wasn't high enough to get a credit card from my bank here) or neteller. Neteller even has the option to generate a MasterCard code for you online, so you don't even need to wait to receive the card in the mail, you just upload funds and then generate a MasterCard code and CVC code and bam, you can pay for stuff like you would with a physical MasterCard.

    Oh, and if people say these sites aren't trustworthy, I beg to differ as I've used them for years. They're as trustworthy, if not better, than PayPal.

  12. #12
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    I suggest going to your local CVS/Supermarket and picking up a Visa Gift Card or American Express Gift Card. I used to buy WoW time/expansions with those before I was old enough for a debit card. I'd rather suggest solutions than nitpick over one extremely situational inconvenience.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Think it is for the sad truth, the reputation of Paypal. It is in one spot, a good tool and in another spot, a tool used for alot of fraud/cheat. It is more for safety that they don't operate with Paypal I think, safety for you and all. Paypal currently is used by alot of people whom act against Blizzards terms, ie. selling items for real money and account selling, this is also used by many gold sellers.

    Blizzard chose to simply cut the whole service as Paypal refused to block all of these users that uses it for breaking the Blizzard terms and conditions.

    I am pretty sure they do want your money, they don't want to leave people in the grey zone. Onlything to do is borrowing a card and pay back.
    I'd imagine it has to do with the fees charged by Paypal it is cheaper to deal with just credit and debit cards. Considering that you can use Paypal with D3's RMAH I highly doubt it has anything to gold sellers or account selling.

  14. #14
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'd imagine it has to do with the fees charged by Paypal it is cheaper to deal with just credit and debit cards. Considering that you can use Paypal with D3's RMAH I highly doubt it has anything to gold sellers or account selling.
    There was a blue ages ago about it. And yes, fees too for companies. And there seem to be a bigger business still within WoW's franchise than D3
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-02-11 at 12:41 PM.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Pirate before max level, why not, it is not like I want easy leveling

  15. #15
    I've asked on the official forums (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6609631086). they say it's not the credit card that's needed, it's a verified account. however, my account IS verified, it says as much on my PayPal Account. are there multiple levels of PayPal verification?
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  16. #16
    Your definition of verified account ≠ their definition of a verified account. Besides, Paypal is the true face of online scams....no serious company trusts that crap.
    If you want to pay, make a credit card ( it's free if you are <26, and if you aren't, it's cheap to make one ) and transfer some from paypal to your credit card account. Problem solved ( without the need of bitching on forumz )

  17. #17
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    really? If I had a credit card, I'd use that to shop online instead of Paypal... What's your opinion on this?
    It's 2013 man not 1990 who still uses Paypal? Prepaid Visa's at least also work I would imagine may look into that option.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A few years ago I had trouble paying for my subscription because Blizzard stopped accepting business from my credit card company. :/
    What is more likely is that your credit card company quit accepting charges from Blizzard.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  19. #19
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,984
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    That's not true. You don't need a ccard for Paypal, but you do need one attached to Paypal for Blizzard. Two different things.
    False
    I have made numerous transactions with Blizzard through PayPal and I do not own a creditcard.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've asked on the official forums (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6609631086). they say it's not the credit card that's needed, it's a verified account. however, my account IS verified, it says as much on my PayPal Account. are there multiple levels of PayPal verification?
    They are saying that your Paypal account needs to be verified with a credit card at present it is probably verified with your bank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Your definition of verified account ≠ their definition of a verified account. Besides, Paypal is the true face of online scams....no serious company trusts that crap.
    If you want to pay, make a credit card ( it's free if you are <26, and if you aren't, it's cheap to make one ) and transfer some from paypal to your credit card account. Problem solved ( without the need of bitching on forumz )
    Lots of serious companies trust Paypal, including Blizzard, it is nonsense to suggest otherwise. Online scams use many services including banks, Western Union, etc as well as Paypal because some individuals are dishonest does not make the service crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •