Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    You forget the real difference between secondary stats is smaller...

My stat scaling as example:
    As Assasination Agi 2.7, Mastery 1.08, Crit 0.939 and Haste 0.912
    For Combat it says Agi 2.73, Haste 1.459, Mastery 1.272 and Crit 1.0

Yes the reforge order is different, but considering the two extremes of haste and mastery:
    Assa 1000 points of haste yields 912 dps, 1000 points of mastery 1008. The dps difference for reforging 1000 points "the wrong way" is 96dps on single targets (it is propably higher with aoe packs).

Combat gets 1459 dps from 1000 points of haste and 1272 dps from mastery. Difference is 187 dps if reforged the wrong way...

Given the amount of secondary stats, i can reforge a little bit over 3000 stat points from haste to mastery or vice versa. Say with higher gear you have 5k stat points to reforge... the result is ~500-1000 dps on single target fights with the worst reforge strategy.

Because most of the fights i like to be assa, i reforge for assa and have good results for the few fights with useful usage of cleave.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here but this is not how stat weights work. Agi at 2.7 means agi is worth 2.7x as much as 1ap. 1ap is where the weights are standardized at and all other stats are just comparisons to that. Simply multiplying the stat weight by the amount if the stat does not tell you the DPS gain/loss of anything.

One could use Simcraft or similar tool to calculate the amount each addition of any stat would add to overall DPS roughly. But simply multiplying like this will not give you the desired results. It's much more complex than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    My stat scaling as example:
    As Assasination Agi 2.7, Mastery 1.08, Crit 0.939 and Haste 0.912
    For Combat it says Agi 2.73, Haste 1.459, Mastery 1.272 and Crit 1.0

Yes the reforge order is different, but considering the two extremes of haste and mastery:
    Assa 1000 points of haste yields 912 dps, 1000 points of mastery 1008. The dps difference for reforging 1000 points "the wrong way" is 96dps on single targets (it is propably higher with aoe packs).

Combat gets 1459 dps from 1000 points of haste and 1272 dps from mastery. Difference is 187 dps if reforged the wrong way...
    Yeah, um no. I'm guessing you got that 1459 dps from 1000 points of haste because the EP was 1.459. Doesn't work that way. The equivalence is attack power and not dps. Now yeah you would be 187 EP behind, but how much dps you get from 1 attack power isn't constant across gear or specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Yeah, um no. I'm guessing you got that 1459 dps from 1000 points of haste because the EP was 1.459. Doesn't work that way. The equivalence is attack power and not dps. Now yeah you would be 187 EP behind, but how much dps you get from 1 attack power isn't constant across gear or specs.

ehm yes, my bad, shadowcraft scaling is bad example. My simcraft scalings actually are not normalized around AP but dps. I happened to calculate something for my monk with simcraft and missed the normalized scaling in shadowcraft. Yes, attackpower is not constant for different specs and itemlevels. Do my napkin math with simcraft scaling numbers or try shadowcraft with attackpower enchant and without to get the value for dps per ap... The numbers seem to be around 1-2dps per ap at a quick glance at shadowcraft which would maybe double my calculations. (and yes it is napkin math, actually without calculator and really not that accurate, but you can do it yourself if your interested in better numbers)
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2013-02-11 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This is what I do. I wish other classes had a resource that was this convenient.
    Simulationcraft lets you output your scale factor weights as a pawn string, I believe.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Bromosapien View Post
    Reforgerade would probably be a better idea seeing as it is used to export reforging strings from Shadowcraft sim
    ohgod really?

Doing that tonight.

Only one viable spec. so only need one gear set.. On bosses like doggies first Mv. i just swap weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You should also remember that stat weights scale differently when we're talking about cleaving.
    Not enough to matter.

Haste: faster attack speed, more frequent specials, both of which flurry
    mastery: MG flurries
    crit: if the attacks crit, the increased damage transfers over

The only difference between cleaving and not cleaving is that damage is shifted from yellow into white because of the slower energy regen, which increases white hit's value a little bit. It goes from very bad to kinda bad.