Stat Stripper Scroll

Evening all,

I've been thinking about a potential new idea that I think Blizz is unlikely to introduce anytime soon but would be a very good addition to our World!

For now im just going to call it "Stat Stripper Scroll" but basically my idea is that there would be an item that allows you to remove all stats from an item (bop, boe what ever) and make it account bound. Note it still retains the 'specification' such as plate, mail, staff, dagger, cloth etc.

This would allow us to farm a specific item on a character and when done with it, be able to use it for transmogrification on any of our other characters.

Example:

This raid tier I have my "Scimitar of Seven Stars" sword from Heart of Fear. Lets say in 5.2 I replace it with a sword that looks cooler (so dont want to transmog it) and has better stats, but it would suit my rogue ~perfectly~ for his transmog set. I could use one of the scrolls to remove all stats making it worthless, but it would become account bound for my other characters to transmogrify!

In terms of how you'd get it I think Blizzard could introduce it as a rare (ish) drop from Archaeology. This would hopefully resurrect Archaeology which at the moment is a totally pointless profession - It also makes sense in terms of "unearthing an ancient scroll with powerful magical effects..."

Or they could simply make it a vendor-bought scroll that costs 1,000g each (picked a random number) that could act as quite a powerful gold sink.

What do you guys think?

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I wouldn't use it personally. Part of the charm of transmogging is that you have to do it on the character that actually uses the gear. It's been a nice way to play some alts I don't usually play much.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't use it personally. Part of the charm of transmogging is that you have to do it on the character that actually uses the gear. It's been a nice way to play some alts I don't usually play much.
    Meh, different strokes for different folks. I'm not overly fussed about individual character progression, so that sort of mentality is lost on me. Personally, I'd make great use of it and I've love to see something like this. If nothing else, it'll cut back the time it takes when the items don't drop. I farmed for months for either pair of boots off of Nazjentus for my Ret's Lightbringer transmog, while my Rogue saw it every week I went on a glaive run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be all over this.

I'm sorry xskarma, but having to run the same bosses ad naseum on several characters for essentially the same damned gear does NOT appeal to everyone, let alone me. I should not have to spend more effort getting a cosmetic upgrade than I do getting an actual upgrade. That's just flat out silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.