Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cool Vanilla question :0

    Hello :0

    I just wanted to ask for the lols, when you levled in vanilla wow did you normally do it in almost full whites? since there are vendors all over world of warcraft that only sell white gear? :0

  2. #2
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,318
    Outside of the first few levels, no, you would not.

    The white gear on vendors has always been fairly moot of use.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,562
    Exactly, they're still there. Do you use them now?
    Just because they're there doesn't mean they were used.


  4. #4
    You would defiantly use white gear until level 20-25, by then it would be completely pointless. But yes, bying white gear between 1-15 was normal. Also most people were like "more armor = good", on there first character so

    Basicly, people were inn a larger picture pretty dumb back then, me included.

    Edit: Will also say that spending thoes few silver's you had by level 20 was such a hard decision haha :P Good times. Dont even think I had more than 2 G's by level 20-25?
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    You would defiantly use white gear until level 20-25, by then it would be completely pointless. But yes, bying white gear between 1-15 was normal. Also most people were like "more armor = good", on there first character so

    Basicly, people were inn a larger picture pretty dumb back then, me included.

    Edit: Will also say that spending thoes few silver's you had by level 20 was such a hard decision haha :P Good times. Dont even think I had more than 2 G's by level 20-25?
    Wow sounds like good times to me, wish i played back then and got the whole experience. xD

  6. #6
    getting two lucky deviate delight recipes back then was amazing. was able to get my mount right away at level 40

  7. #7
    I started in TBC but it took me 30 levels to stop buying new white gear once my old ones were broken/red. I was fucking stupid back then.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  8. #8
    Usually greens while leveling, and some dungeon blues if you were lucky enough to clear one at low levels.

  9. #9
    There actually were vendors that sold greens! I remember one in the inn in Moonbrook(Westfall) that sold agi leather for like lvl 12-15 with a limited supply of 1.

  10. #10
    I did not start until TBC launched, but I would suppliment gear on my first character when no greens were available and just add armor kits to it since I was a low level hunter w/ skinning & leather. Now my alts barely leave a starting zone without full BoAs.

    We did what we had to back then. You either wore quest greens, world drop greens, or dungeon greens/blues (if you won the role). My first time out took 8 months to hit lvl 70 with no special gear or perks and not knowing what I was doing or where I was going. I couldn't even afford my flight by the time I hit 70.

  11. #11
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,040
    Back in Classic I wore the gear that looked the best on my character, not was best stats wise. It made levelling very slow, but I looked awesome, or so I thought.

    Most cases though, through quests, dungeons and the auction house, you'd have full green gear by the time you hit Westfall or similar zones.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    There actually were vendors that sold greens! I remember one in the inn in Moonbrook(Westfall) that sold agi leather for like lvl 12-15 with a limited supply of 1.
    I remember him! He was great to have all the way out there, as without mounts it was a long walk back to anyone who could repair, and who you could sell your junk to before or after Deadmines.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,812
    I can't say i remember actually buying white gear, but yes. I used white gear for quite a while, but only stuff dropped. And only because greens where pretty rare until later lvl's, blues where for the most part from dungeons.

    I still pick up white gear on new characters because of the armor.. not like I need to with heirlooms, old habit I guess. But you get green and blue gear so early on now that grey and white gear isn't at all useful.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Augh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Secret Mountain Lair
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    You would defiantly use white gear until level 20-25, by then it would be completely pointless. But yes, bying white gear between 1-15 was normal. Also most people were like "more armor = good", on there first character so

    Basicly, people were inn a larger picture pretty dumb back then, me included.

    Edit: Will also say that spending thoes few silver's you had by level 20 was such a hard decision haha :P Good times. Dont even think I had more than 2 G's by level 20-25?
    Gonna agree that players as an overall were basically shit back then, but I honestly can't say leveling to 20-25 in whites was at all commonplace. You generally used greens and blues, there were a ton of blues that held their own at level cap too, I stuck with Hand of Justice and Shendrelar +hit seal thing til the end for example.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire frigoffrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    451
    I do not remember BUYING white gear at all.

  15. #15
    Never bought it either, but did wear white gear that dropped of course, until I got better stuff. I do remember changing some agi gear to statless gear because the armor was higher (as a hunter)... Little did I know
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  16. #16
    first few levels, but u started getting greens, and some times even blues from some quests fairly early on, aswell as u did have dungeons for some more powerful loot, ah yeah i remeber the 2 hour + FULL brd runs :P u normaly dident do the whole thing in 1 go but it did happen, i do miss those long dungeons, but at the same time i dont :P

    I have some great memories of vanilla and tbc, but tbh, i'd like them to stay just that.
    - Thanks Axalicious for this awesome sig.

  17. #17
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I did not start until TBC launched, but I would suppliment gear on my first character when no greens were available and just add armor kits to it since I was a low level hunter w/ skinning & leather.
    I wonder how many people actually started playing WoW with a hunter with skinning & leatherworking. I know I did and I've read maaaany times the same thing Especially in vanilla / TBC.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by himynameisruss View Post
    getting two lucky deviate delight recipes back then was amazing. was able to get my mount right away at level 40
    LOL the level 40 mount was easy.. getting the 60 mount was just hilarious.


  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Utakatagaming View Post
    Wow sounds like good times to me, wish i played back then and got the whole experience. xD
    Still some of the best times starting out on the druid. To this day I still cannot go to Darkshore without being abit emotional about it. It was such a huge world, and I was just a little level 15 druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Gonna agree that players as an overall were basically shit back then, but I honestly can't say leveling to 20-25 in whites was at all commonplace. You generally used greens and blues, there were a ton of blues that held their own at level cap too, I stuck with Hand of Justice and Shendrelar +hit seal thing til the end for example.
    Sure, but grouping up back then was quit rare, atleast for me while lvling. I renember only small glimps off doing 5 mans while lvling (Even trough said lvling lasted 25 days played for me witch was common inn vanilla to), one off the first times I even had some loot while lvling, must have been doing Scholomance and Baron pre-60.

    I'm pretty sure I sucked hard while lvling, but can't seem to recall much off it.

    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    There actually were vendors that sold greens! I remember one in the inn in Moonbrook(Westfall) that sold agi leather for like lvl 12-15 with a limited supply of 1.
    Its funny, I used to earn some gold here and there off thoes vendors. When I re-rolled on random alts on servers, I was pretty good at making gold compared to my friends. Like 50g at level 25 etc, and they couldent understand how I do it. All these random vendors, from Duskwood to Southshore was cool.


    ...Now days caring about 10g profit from a vendor now is unheard off hehe.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-02-11 at 07:17 PM.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    first few levels, but u started getting greens, and some times even blues from some quests fairly early on, aswell as u did have dungeons for some more powerful loot, ah yeah i remeber the 2 hour + FULL brd runs :P u normaly dident do the whole thing in 1 go but it did happen, i do miss those long dungeons, but at the same time i dont :P

    I have some great memories of vanilla and tbc, but tbh, i'd like them to stay just that.
    I agree lol i miss them aswell, but dont realy want it back just cus it will be stupid to run a dungeon for 2 hours.
    Same as when u were waiting back in the cave of MC start point to wait till all members were there. took a looong time sometimes..


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •