..for RBGs in 5.2

1. Shaman
    2. Disci Priest
    3. Monk

and why....

Thanks

Deleted
    Hello

Tricky one there i personaly think a monk. they are pretty OP atm and will get more OP in 5.2 they have so much defensive and stuff that can get them away from snares and so on and they heal pretty good to.

I play my Holy Pally more then any of my other toons, I love to heal in BG's with him and almost always on top of the healing meter. Plus, for me at least, I have fun with people trying to kill me as a healer.

They all have uses. Monk has the best output, Shamans have good utility with SL etc. Priests have lifeswap / painsup / lifegrip which is amazing for fc. Personal preference imo.

I would say in Flag cap RBG's i would do either Disc or Shammy, the reasons for priest are in the post above me. And shamans are just do damn usefull, if they know what they are doing. For an RBG such as AB, EoTS i would say Shammy/Monk. I have never played priest, but they dont seem as mobile as those other 2. So in my book shammy is the way to go either way. Also Hpal is pretty much the "cookie cutter" heals for pvp, easy to be good at, and realativly decent heal thruput. Just my opinions of course

Deleted
    Holy Pala has a low skillcap, and is quite easy to get 'good' at. So if you want to surf your way to easy rating, that'd be the way to go I believe.

If you're in for a challenge, why not provoke your mind and go MW Monk? A lot of players STILL don't know what they're doing, and that's all your benefit!

Good luck out there.

No comments on shamans.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you like a offensive playing style, go monk. On the ptr our damage is insane for a healer, I can do about as much damage as other dps and still great healing. Though I believe this has to get nerfed. I 2v1 a rogue and a dk, okay maybe the dk was already lowish health but after that I killed a rogue also. The mana regen is okayish, but I usually go oom from not just fisting.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If you like a offensive playing style, go monk. On the ptr our damage is insane for a healer, I can do about as much damage as other dps and still great healing. Though I believe this has to get nerfed. I 2v1 a rogue and a dk, okay maybe the dk was already lowish health but after that I killed a rogue also. The mana regen is okayish, but I usually go oom from not just fisting.
    How do u go oom? tiger palm gives back 1% mana and healing sphere costs what? 6,000 mana? only way u can go oom that way is from jab costs but normal combat regen tied in with mana tea(glyphed) makes it pretty impossible to go oom unless your in combat for 5 hours straight and with like less than 3 or 4k spirit.

Deleted
    How do u go oom? tiger palm gives back 1% mana and healing sphere costs what? 6,000 mana? only way u can go oom that way is from jab costs but normal combat regen tied in with mana tea(glyphed) makes it pretty impossible to go oom unless your in combat for 5 hours straight and with like less than 3 or 4k spirit.
    This is right, tbh on live right now i'm mostly dreadful as a MW monk but i find it super hard to go OOM the only things that make me OOM is Surging in a burst setting when there's no other choice inside arena and fisting with jab....honestly though i don't fist atm unless i'm kiting its not worth it, so that's not an issue and i very rarely spam surge as i tell my team to get the hell outa there.

Inside RBG's or BG's the lowest i've got is around 10k but then manna tea on CD always and when burst drops off abit i regen aroun 80-120ishk and im ready to go again as fast and as furious as i need to.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    Because fucking jab costs 100k mana(9k), then everything else costs 27k+(spinning crane kick cough cough).

In 2's I go OOM very easily, but my gear isn't exactly the best either. I'm sitting at about 6k spirit and during periods of burst I'm pretty much a sitting duck because I need to spam surging mist on my partner to keep him up, which is what 27k per cast? My hpally friend is sitting with the same amount of spirit but he's swimming in a god damn mana ocean man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I play my Holy Pally more then any of my other toons, I love to heal in BG's with him and almost always on top of the healing meter. Plus, for me at least, I have fun with people trying to kill me as a healer.
    This is one that always gets me. Top of the healing meter, doesn't mean you are a GOOD healer, it just means you throw out heals whether they are necessary or not... It's not like damage that can be measured easily, you do more damage the boss dies sooner... if you have lower DPS it takes longer which means MORE heals, but that is NOT an indication of YOUR talents specifically even if other healers don't do as much, just means they are more efficient or DPS do a good job mitigating damage, like me.. I heal myself, since I am Shaman I help healers with Healing Totem or other ways to avoid bad stuff so I DON'T need healing.. so that is a VERY subjective point of view. Just because your car goes fast doesn't mean it needs to only get 10 Mpg... drinking more gas doesn't mean the car has more HP than a car that drinks less... this is how I equate it. You can't measure performance by heals.. sorry.

If people DIE with someone else, and they don't with you THEN maybe you have something, but healing IS your job you can't brag about how much you need to do your job, it doesn't work that way.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    Because fucking jab costs 100k mana(9k), then everything else costs 27k+(spinning crane kick cough cough).

In 2's I go OOM very easily, but my gear isn't exactly the best either. I'm sitting at about 6k spirit and during periods of burst I'm pretty much a sitting duck because I need to spam surging mist on my partner to keep him up, which is what 27k per cast? My hpally friend is sitting with the same amount of spirit but he's swimming in a god damn mana ocean man.
    Um.. I thought jabs take ENERGY not MANA...

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by P4ant0m View Post
    ..for RBGs in 5.2

1. Shaman
    2. Disci Priest
    3. Monk

and why....

Thanks
    I have seen many healers come and go, by FAR the best healers (Monk, Druid, Shaman, Pally included) are PRIESTS, period bar NONE. Shaman might have a larger tank, but they can't BUFF (stamina). Not really part of heals, but in my opinion Priests are MUCH better healers.

Paladin's seem to struggle, at least in groups where I am Paladin heals can't keep up during MASSIVE damage (I am SURE will get push back on this). I did healing in early days, and no I didn't have a Paladin or Druid back then, but I was able to do recover from ANY instance bosses could put out, even saved groups where we should have wiped... I KNOW priests rock the heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    If you really want to deal good damage BcK instead of TP. Then using your other healing spells to try to keep people up. It is somewhat rare but it does happen. Also to that other guy, mw uses mana so all of of spells get converted to mana rather than it being energy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose