Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogues for sure, also second wind is good in duels and random bg's. It's easily bursted threw in arenas.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Your dumb because rogues don't have a second wind that makes them not die. They are still squishy as hell and die in a stun. Stop being butthurt because u can't press 3 buttons on a warrior and win arenas. Helen Keller could play a warrior an get glad. Rogues take more skill than a warrior does and it will be funny when we see all the rerollers from warriors try to play rogues
    Those rerollers were playing Rogue in 4.3, and you know it, because it is easy and overpowered. And yes you do have a 2nd Wind, its called Recuperate, and you can use it from 100%! But you dont need to because a good rogue can't even be touched in 5.2, their target dies before then. Rogues taking skill is the biggest lie in this game. It's stun and gun, just like War or Feral or half the dam classes now really. The days when rogues had to know how to evade things in stealth, and position properly, and time their vanish or gouge, it's gone. Anything remotely difficult about a rogue was removed in Cata, now you can talent so you can dot your blind target!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Rogues scale better than most classes.

Sinister Calling, Find Weakness, Master of Subtlety etc, all scale EXTREMELY WELL. Rogue damage will naturally be buffed by higher ilvl gear moreso than other melees. Then you have the Rogue changes on top. Then you have other class changes. TL;DR - Rogues dominate the meta-game.

Warriors are getting more damage, and less utility, so it will be a boring, linear playstyle where you don't actually do more damage than other classes, just have no utility. Rogues won't quite be god (that will be monks) but they will have at least 6 top-end viable comps.
    Don't forget in 5.2 now it's easier to get pvp weapons which will make rogues....well what rogues are known for the past 8 years, annoying as frack in pvp. That was the major issue with rogues tell 5.2, is that itemization for rogues was piss poor.

Hunters,Rogues and to an extent Monk, those three classes will be ridiculous in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Those rerollers were playing Rogue in 4.3, and you know it, because it is easy and overpowered. And yes you do have a 2nd Wind, its called Recuperate, and you can use it from 100%! But you dont need to because a good rogue can't even be touched in 5.2, their target dies before then. Rogues taking skill is the biggest lie in this game. It's stun and gun, just like War or Feral or half the dam classes now really. The days when rogues had to know how to evade things in stealth, and position properly, and time their vanish or gouge, it's gone. Anything remotely difficult about a rogue was removed in Cata, now you can talent so you can dot your blind target!
    recupp heals for nothing. It's a joke. Stop whining just learn to counter them. They didnt get any dmg buffs and no defensive buffs besides prep.

recupp heals for nothing. It's a joke. Stop whining just learn to counter them. They didnt get any dmg buffs and no defensive buffs besides prep.
    well shuriken toss says otherwise..... and the extra energy is also kinda like a dmg buff.

Warriors will be viable, but Rogues will be godlike along with WW Monks.

So, Rogue.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you're talking about cloak and dagger, it still teleports you through los and roots.
    That was fixed a few weeks ago try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    it is as bad as last season. you seem to pretend like the extra energy they got is not there or means nothing. the burst rogues do on every dance is just unhealable. give us your feedback when you actually played on ptr.
    Well as I said originally, you either did not play last season or you are not on the PTR. The two are not even comparable, Legendaries and all of the PvE trinkets were complete BS and I will never understand how they let that happen. 20 extra energy and 4% more damage is not suddenly making dance unhealable, I main Disc and know the healer perspective on live and PTR. Also as I have said, I do not support the damage buffs to Rogues and couldn't care less if they got it removed since they did not need it. Rogues will always have people complain about them, good or bad times, that is just part of the class.

There's no way Cloak and Dagger stays, Stronger than Killing Spree every opener and even stronger during dance... There's just no way.

As a rogue I don't want it to stay, FotM gtfo my class.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Well besides the personal attacks at Korgoth I love the irony of you claiming he's "spreading misinformation around".

We're talking about 5.2. Where every single class rivals warrior one shot macro burst our can OUTburst it.

Plenty of classes don't stack resilience on PTR. Classes that have exceptionally potent defensives or can kite things well or burst them down before they can react. These include monks (yes, monks are that strong on 5.2), mages and locks. Melee as a whole though necessitate resilience stacking compared to their ranged counter parts.
    You're not doing a very good job of convincing me. Mages won't need to stack resil? Eeeehhhhhh...

Your forgetting rogue scaling.
    And unlike warrior scaling; rogue scaling doesn't get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Your forgetting rogue scaling.
    And unlike warrior scaling; rogue scaling doesn't get nerfed.
    Classes that scale really good don't need to get buffed mid expansion every expansion like rogues do.

Also Theres not much of any scaling going on as far as pvp for 5.2. Right now top pvper's have 491 gear and 498 weapons, in s13 they will have 493 gear and that same 498 weapon since the s13 weapon is 493. Yes after months of pvp and 27000 conquest later they will then go from a 498 to a 503 weapon. The upgrade system made this next season's dmg barely move.

Now something you will see from 5.2 is they nerfed res scaling which is making everyone do crazy dmg now.

i would stick with a warrior unless you have pvp experience as a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Classes that scale really good don't need to get buffed mid expansion every expansion like rogues do.

Also Theres not much of any scaling going on as far as pvp for 5.2. Right now top pvper's have 491 gear and 498 weapons, in s13 they will have 493 gear and that same 498 weapon since the s13 weapon is 493. Yes after months of pvp and 27000 conquest later they will then go from a 498 to a 503 weapon. The upgrade system made this next season's dmg barely move.

Now something you will see from 5.2 is they nerfed res scaling which is making everyone do crazy dmg now.
    you shoul rewatch wowhead. because elite s13 armor is ilvl 512. so there is a increase....

Second Wind: When below 35%, regen 3% every 1 second.
    Recuperate: Consumes combo points, 3% (4% with PVP Gloves) every 3 seconds (6 - 30 seconds, depending on combo points).

With a Warrior's larger health pool, higher armor and optional shield; I'd rather be a Warrior.

Rogues didn't need a damage buff. I just don't want to be forced to use most of my defensive cooldowns and trinket just to survive a warrior's stun, only to be left bleeding and almost dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ej33t View Post
    Second Wind: When below 35%, regen 3% every 1 second.
    Recuperate: Consumes combo points, 3% (4% with PVP Gloves) every 3 seconds (6 - 30 seconds, depending on combo points).

With a Warrior's larger health pool, higher armor and optional shield; I'd rather be a Warrior.

Rogues didn't need a damage buff. I just don't want to be forced to use most of my defensive cooldowns and trinket just to survive a warrior's stun, only to be left bleeding and almost dead.
    I agree rogue damage is fine. The mobility is what needed buffed because after cloak/vanish we dropped like a bad habit. And on the second wind recup thing. Rogues HAVE TO waste combo pts which sacrifices their damage to heal themselves for practically nothing. While a warrior can still swiftly you while get healed without a penalty. So I agree it's easier to be a warrior

Deleted
    Which class would be the "easiest" to get glad on? Does rogues have a higher skillcap than warriors?

as most people have said, go rogue not much in damage buffs even though extra energy from set bonus is huge plus utility is through the roof

Go rogue, but don't come crying when you die in a stun with both feint and combat readiness rolling.

Deleted
    Which class would you say have most potential in 3s? I'm glad at both, but want to focus on one. I really enjoy playing my rogue, hope it gets consistent, and not nerf, buff, nerf but all over.
    Last edited by mmoc6d927a69a1; 2013-02-22 at 09:40 PM.