Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Awesome! Can't wait!

Note: Likes the Two Princes reference! Clever guys... :P

Quote Originally Posted by wow1912 View Post
    He has to. They can't forward you to Wowhead from this site. Chaud is just following the rules. They gotta push their own site.
    Understandable, but still bad practice to do so silently. If that part of the blue post quote is... optimized... to fit Curse's liking, what other parts? And what parts of past and future blue quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Valor wipe without changing valor items to justice is still a terrible idea.
    Agreed, coupled with no additional ways to catch up, I am already bored of the current LFR content and I cannot see myself running this content on alts in 4 or 5 months time, I think they are really shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm actually kind of sad that there's no rep from the raid trash. They could make it from trash in normal/heroic, and then bosses only with LFR. People will then invariably create trash-runs, which imo are a good way to network on your own realm.

It's kinda hilarious that you replaced Wowhead with Wowdb in the post.

10+ Year Old Account
    People forget they been developing this patch with 5.1 after MoP launched. I rather they don't allow guild to test HM fights.

People claiming too soon need to relax. It is obvious they are following a BC-like raiding model. However, in BC we had Tier 4 and Tier 5 raids released at the same time. In this case they gave us a few months in between. To get into the Tier 15 raids you are going to have to be geared through Tier 14 in most cases. There isn't anymore of this "new tier is out, forget the old" for new characters. You are still going to have to progress to get gear up to an appropriate level so your performance is adequate. It is time we get back to where new characters need to go through the previous tiers in order to get to end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    People claiming too soon need to relax. It is obvious they are following a BC-like raiding model. However, in BC we had Tier 4 and Tier 5 raids released at the same time. In this case they gave us a few months in between. To get into the Tier 15 raids you are going to have to be geared through Tier 14 in most cases. There isn't anymore of this "new tier is out, forget the old" for new characters. You are still going to have to progress to get gear up to an appropriate level so your performance is adequate. It is time we get back to where new characters need to go through the previous tiers in order to get to end game content.
    I raided in BC with a fairly progressed guild and this is nothing like that. Back in BC, they released Tier 4&5, along with Mount Hyjal at the same time, with BT coming out a few months later, and that was it until Sunwell a year or so later. It was a "Choose your own pace" style of progression, where if you were a small time guild you could slowly work your way through each tier, and if you were a hardcore guild you could plow through it in a few months. This style of progression we have now gives you no choice. You work your way through Tier 14, and once Tier 15 comes out, Tier 14 is instantly made invalid since Tier 15 drops better loot and is considered "current" content. Your point would stand if Tier 14 and 15 were released at the same time and offered anywhere near the same ilvl, but they weren't, and they don't. Any guild who doesn't raid Tier 15 is not choosing the smartest avenue of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsane View Post
    I'm actually kind of sad that there's no rep from the raid trash. They could make it from trash in normal/heroic, and then bosses only with LFR. People will then invariably create trash-runs, which imo are a good way to network on your own realm.
    I agree. It doesn't have to be a lot of rep, but on one of my characters I've had horrible luck with drop rates. I also refuse to do dailies on an alt. My options for upgrades are pretty limited and I have almost maxed valor with nothing to show for it (I'm not going to bother upgrading a bunch of blues - I'd rather take the gold payout). Would like to see some amount of rep earned per boss kill - say 250 to 500.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I raided in BC with a fairly progressed guild and this is nothing like that. Back in BC, they released Tier 4&5, along with Mount Hyjal at the same time, with BT coming out a few months later, and that was it until Sunwell a year or so later. It was a "Choose your own pace" style of progression, where if you were a small time guild you could slowly work your way through each tier, and if you were a hardcore guild you could plow through it in a few months. This style of progression we have now gives you no choice. You work your way through Tier 14, and once Tier 15 comes out, Tier 14 is instantly made invalid since Tier 15 drops better loot and is considered "current" content. Your point would stand if Tier 14 and 15 were released at the same time and offered anywhere near the same ilvl, but they weren't, and they don't. Any guild who doesn't raid Tier 15 is not choosing the smartest avenue of progression.
    Note I said BC-like, not a BC clone. It is modified to be a blend of old BC and some newer styles. I think the biggest flaw with everything is ilvl. People see bigger ilvl and immediately go for it. However, if we look at the LFR layout. You still need ilvl 480 to get into T15 LFR. You aren't going to be able to hit that, in most cases, without doing some T14 raiding. That's no different than people having to gear up through Kara/Gruul/Mag before hitting SSC/TK. Heck a lot of people couldn't even beat Kael and Vashj before farming MH a bit.

I think we still have the same "choose your own pace" currently that BC had. I think it is mainly in the player's mind that they have to rush through content and get to that next level or they aren't doing it right. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to stop that outside of going back to attunements. So I don't agree that T14 is instantly invalid. If you are in a guild that has no problem carrying a person through that never bothered to get T15 Raiding appropriate gear, that is obviously not playing as intended. That is like taking a new person into BT when it came out as soon as they hit 70 just to gear them out. When most people would at least hit up T4 and some T5 content (not to mention nasty badge gear which arrived around then too).

Any guild who is choosing to stick to the progression and not bail on T14 and going on to T15 is playing at their own pace, not playing stupid. Not everyone is in the race to the end. Today's society of instant gratification is so annoying. You also see that though with the younger crowd moving into this game replacing those of us that are getting older that have been around since the beginning of time. It still comes down to player choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Understandable, but still bad practice to do so silently. If that part of the blue post quote is... optimized... to fit Curse's liking, what other parts? And what parts of past and future blue quotes?
    Yeah, when you quote someone you inform the people you're writing for if you edited anything out, otherwise you're misrepresenting what they said AND who knows what else you might have edited?

It should just be common practice.

Note I said BC-like, not a BC clone. It is modified to be a blend of old BC and some newer styles. I think the biggest flaw with everything is ilvl. People see bigger ilvl and immediately go for it. However, if we look at the LFR layout. You still need ilvl 480 to get into T15 LFR. You aren't going to be able to hit that, in most cases, without doing some T14 raiding. That's no different than people having to gear up through Kara/Gruul/Mag before hitting SSC/TK. Heck a lot of people couldn't even beat Kael and Vashj before farming MH a bit.

I think we still have the same "choose your own pace" currently that BC had. I think it is mainly in the player's mind that they have to rush through content and get to that next level or they aren't doing it right. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to stop that outside of going back to attunements. So I don't agree that T14 is instantly invalid. If you are in a guild that has no problem carrying a person through that never bothered to get T15 Raiding appropriate gear, that is obviously not playing as intended. That is like taking a new person into BT when it came out as soon as they hit 70 just to gear them out. When most people would at least hit up T4 and some T5 content (not to mention nasty badge gear which arrived around then too).

Any guild who is choosing to stick to the progression and not bail on T14 and going on to T15 is playing at their own pace, not playing stupid. Not everyone is in the race to the end. Today's society of instant gratification is so annoying. You also see that though with the younger crowd moving into this game replacing those of us that are getting older that have been around since the beginning of time. It still comes down to player choice.
    I think the problem here is LFR dropping 502 loot. If it dropped 496 loot you'd have a point, and I'm almost positive my guild would continue working on heroic T14, at least part of the time. But since LFR drops better loot, my guild will just expect people to be 502 ilvl quickly, and we'll pop into T15, at least farming the first 4 bosses or so until we can make more progress.

Plus you forget that for the good part of BC, Mount Hyjal had an attunement and you couldn't farm gear from there until you killed Kael'thas and Vashj. It's the reason why so many guilds went 3/5 and 4/9 the week after they downed Kael'thas. Not saying that method was better, just saying that Blizzard had artificial walls keeping people in their "proper" tier until they had the skill and dedication to move on. There are no such walls in this expansion, only new LFRs that provide better gear, and new tiers that make old ones pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It doesn't have to be a lot of rep, but on one of my characters I've had horrible luck with drop rates. I also refuse to do dailies on an alt. My options for upgrades are pretty limited and I have almost maxed valor with nothing to show for it (I'm not going to bother upgrading a bunch of blues - I'd rather take the gold payout). Would like to see some amount of rep earned per boss kill - say 250 to 500.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:22 PM ----------

I'd like to see you try ToT normal in 470's average raid ilvl.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arantes View Post
    Yeah, when you quote someone you inform the people you're writing for if you edited anything out, otherwise you're misrepresenting what they said AND who knows what else you might have edited?

It should just be common practice.
    The news posters here always bold things differently than the original and add new links to the text - the point of the site is to help summarize and aggregate information. Now, that wasn't the point of this particular swap, but it was done at the same time as like 20 other changes (look at the other links and bolding that aren't in the original - added to help summarize). He probably didn't think twice about the change.

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure he would have added a footnote.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-02-11 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The news posters here always bold things differently than the original and add new links to the text - the point of the site is to help summarize and aggregate information. Now, that wasn't the point of this particular swap, but it was done at the same time as like 20 other changes (look at the other links and bolding that aren't in the original - added to help summarize). He probably didn't think twice about the change.

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure he would have added a footnote.
    I'm pretty sure he still can. I don't assume motive (although I realize some people do). I just pointed out it's misrepresentation to edit quotes without representing that something was edited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too soon for my tastes :<

Am I the only one who thinks that Bashiok's writing style in this article is for 12 year old brain-damaged freaks?

I agree with others saying too soon too, some consistency would just be nice, this is an actually good tier and people are enjoying it, why make it only last a few months when you forced us to deal with the garbage that was DS for over 10 months? It seems like they push good patches always too fast.

Ulduar ended very quickly -> we were stuck with ICC forever
    T11 ended fairly quikcly -> we were stuck with FL and DS forever
    T14 ends quickly -> inc garbage T16 raid for 10 months?

People always wanted content faster, so Blizzard is listening. Now a lot of people are saying too soon? They. Just. Can't. Win. lol. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    People always wanted content faster, so Blizzard is listening. Now a lot of people are saying too soon? They. Just. Can't. Win. lol. Yeesh.
    Its all about context. they are pushing away quality content way too fast, versus not pushing off shitty content fast enough. I don't think anybody would had complain if DS lasted 5 months and this one 10. At least it would had been far less damageable to the game.

Deleted
    "Well at least they don't have robots full of blood. Nevermind."

Mass effect ftw?