Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Monday afternoon? The US announcment was posted 6 hours ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142, and the EU 1 hour ago: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ep-your-valor/
    The original post was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    To my mind, it's been 4 months for raiders to have time to kill things. More time *isn't* needed, if you haven't done it by now, it's unlikely you would in a few extra weeks.
    Just my thoughts.

Am happy the patch is coming soon, new content is always welcome
    wasn't it a month before heroic terrace was even available?
    1st week of mop = no raids
    2 = msv
    3 = hof + hmsv
    4 = terrace + h hof
    5 = h terrace

that sound right?
    which means even hc guilds have had only 12 lockouts to get their members bis heroic gear, add in upgrades with 5.2 and what... only 2 months for full bis?
    that does seem short to me, maybe a few members of said 1% guilds would even have full bis by now.

i see no reason to extend it about a month so mid guilds can play catchup, and topend can play full bis.
    and some guilds haven't even cleared hof / terrace yet, so it lets them complete normal.

why is there even an argument about this? it would benefit everyone except non-raiders.
    and with rep next patch tied to boss kills, the patch itself isn't benefiting non-raiders much except with a few more dailies / mount bone farming...

i really don't see how this is an argument....
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    why is there even an argument about this? it would benefit everyone except non-raiders.
    and with rep next patch tied to boss kills, the patch itself isn't benefiting non-raiders much except with a few more dailies / mount bone farming...

i really don't see how this is an argument....
    Yeah, non-raiders or the guys who are bored with the raiding content already would probably benefit from making the questing/daily/unlocking part of the Isle available soon. Raid could open later. That would be a compromise.

(I really would love to get a few more bosses down, but it all sucks big time right now what with being unable to try bosses with good setups. I want computers to be not broken, and I want people to not run their cars over my raiding buddies! *crycry* Fate hates my guild in 2013, it seems.)

The problem for me is that, while we're not done with the raiding (7 hc down), outside of raiding there's nothing to do. And that includes leveling an alt and having that one hit revered with all faction and fully LFR/valor geared. And it's not just me, the guild is completely empty on non-raiding days.

If there had been 13-14 bosses instead of 16 it would probably been exactly the right time to release the next tier now. Either that or they should have released some more non-raiding activities in 5.1 and prolonged this patch another month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    The original post was not.
    This is the original post. Please provide a link if I am wrong.
    Additionally, even if they posted it monday, I could already could have earned my 1000 valor points for this week already prior to monday, and spent them before the announcement. Then it also would not be possible to cap them.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    The problem for me is that, while we're not done with the raiding (7 hc down), outside of raiding there's nothing to do. And that includes leveling an alt and having that one hit revered with all faction and fully LFR/valor geared. And it's not just me, the guild is completely empty on non-raiding days.
    *hug* That sucks. I'm so glad I'm in a small but very lively little guild. We're barely 20 people but half of them is always on Teamspeak - well at least in the evenings when everyone's home from work. And on non-raiding days, we do our daily heroics together or do a bunch of dailies to cap our alts, or we PvP together, or we just babble away while everyone is minding their own business like levelling another little alt just for fun or pet battles or working on all sorts of other achievements.

And... when someone feels like not doing any of that stuff, they say bye and do some stuff in the real world ^^

So - PvP Season End 05.03.

what does that mean for 5.2 release?

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So - PvP Season End 05.03.

what does that mean for 5.2 release?
    It means thats the release day for 5.2

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    or 1 week later than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    As predicted in Cata: in Cata people cried about Tiers lasting to long now they cry about Tiers being to short....
    Ice is too cold, steam too hot - we just wanted some water to swim in.

We just found 2 months way too short for 16 bosses.

Honestly, would have preferred an extra two weeks really. I mean, wowprogress reports that only 519 guilds have finished this tier on heroic, I think the the best time to release the next tier is when that number reaches closer to 1000.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Blue Post said 2 weeks after the end of the pvp season I thought?

You know guys just because your haven't finished A doesn't mean you have to move to B.

Wasn't that the glorious TBC idea ? I never saw SWP. But was happy getting to MH ?

As the Panda's Say Sloooooow Down :3 With how ToT is shaping up i doubt will be sick of it.

I wonder what the next content patch will be after ? More story ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Honestly, would have preferred an extra two weeks really. I mean, wowprogress reports that only 519 guilds have finished this tier on heroic, I think the the best time to release the next tier is when that number reaches closer to 1000.
    Does it really make any difference?

Not trying to be rude or anything but I just can't see why you've picked 1,000 over 1,500? or 2,000.

Ohhh actually I get it:

MSV(H) Clear, HoF(H) Clear, 3/4 ToES(H) Working on Sha of Fear from your signature

You want more time to clear the current content while it's current
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Does it really make any difference?

Not trying to be rude or anything but I just can't see why you've picked 1,000 over 1,500? or 2,000.

Ohhh actually I get it:

MSV(H) Clear, HoF(H) Clear, 3/4 ToES(H) Working on Sha of Fear from your signature

You want more time to clear the current content while it's current
    No, you're assuming. Couple of points:

We're close to a kill, it will die next reset most likely;
    I'm not even going to be in the sha of fear kill, it makes no difference to me.

So you can wipe that condescending smiley off your post, thank you. I simply believe that moving tiers when ~1% of the playerbase has finished the content isn't ideal, I think 3-5% makes more sense but holds on to the prestige of getting it done current.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

So you can wipe that condescending smiley off your post, thank you. I simply believe that moving tiers when ~1% of the playerbase has finished the content isn't ideal, I think 3-5% makes more sense but holds on to the prestige of getting it done current.
    hey brah, what you whining about? Heroic raiders haven't been the target audience of this game since WotLK, patches now are getting released just about when LFR babbies get bored with tagging and afking every week of the current tier and want new RAID FINDER EPICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Too short, we're a casual guild
    I'm glad they aren't releasing content around casual guilds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, 413 H Sha kills aren't too much.
    Heroic.Is.Not.The.Standard.

How many times does this need to be said? Normal is the standard for raiding progress, heroics are for people who want more challenge. If we waited around for everyone to beat heroic before moving on, we would still be waiting for Firelands to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Blue Post said 2 weeks after the end of the pvp season I thought?
    Exactly.

As far as my memory serves me, the end of a PvP season heralds a two-week countdown until the next major Patch / Tier. The current season coming to an end on the 6th of March (EU) means that the Patch 5.2 should land on the 20th March (EU) if this is still the case.

The reason for this, is those two weeks are the times in which the PvP Rewards are calculated and awarded. When Patch 5.2 hits, the new season will begin and people will start climbing the ladder. Without those two weeks, it'll be hard for Blizzard to ensure the right people get the right rewards.

On the subject of it coming "too soon", I don't feel it is, as long as this pace is maintained. I've said it before, and i'll say it again. I'd much rather have 1 extra month per tier, then to have an extra 3 - 4 months in the final tier, like we've experienced in Dragon Soul & Icecrown Citadel. If Blizzard maintains this pace for each tier, I see no issues, but I'll be pissed if this content comes to a close this soon, and we then sit around in another boring end-of-expansion lull.

it's just a smiley, it's there to imply 'fun' because honestly 1,000 or 1% or 3% or 5% are just arbitrary lines in the sand drawn by you for whatever reasons you have...

If it's not for your progress (or even if it is...) it doesn't bother me, which is why I can't see 'sense' in it being held back from everyone while we wait for people most people don't care about to finish content most people don't care about....

Again, none of this is a dig at you (hence the smiley) I just can't see why you've drawn the line where you have.
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

Seems about right and probably what they'll aim for, they said in their Q4 investment call they're aiming for faster patches to curb subscription drop off.