Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    too soon. they didn't even test 25 man raid bosses on the ptr yet.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    And how many have seen sha in lfr? Millions? There's a reason they implemented lfr.
    LFR was for people to see the content. Normal modes are for people who want a challenge and to raid with friends. Heroics are for the true best players amongst us that want the hardest challenge out there.

    LFR has served it's purpose, I agree. But with them releasing Tier 15 so early, they are essentially rendering Normal modes pointless, and Heroic modes for the most cutting edge. Do you see no problem with only 30% of guilds downing the final boss in Normal modes? It just feels like they are cheapening the progression model we've been used to for the last three expansions by not giving guilds ample time to even get to Heroic modes.

  3. #43
    Too short, we're a casual guild with 2 raid/week and we haven't downed sha NM yet.. Too many bosses, not enough time.
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  4. #44
    As predicted in Cata: in Cata people cried about Tiers lasting to long now they cry about Tiers being to short....

  5. #45
    T14 released with a lot of bugs even after quite a lot of testing, I don't see why people expect T15 to release without bugs (or to have its bugs fixed from a little more testing).

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Too short, we're a casual guild with 2 raid/week and we haven't downed sha NM yet.. Too many bosses, not enough time.
    Our alt raid clears normal content + some heroics in a single day. Just sayin.. :O
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    LFR was for people to see the content. Normal modes are for people who want a challenge and to raid with friends. Heroics are for the true best players amongst us that want the hardest challenge out there.

    LFR has served it's purpose, I agree. But with them releasing Tier 15 so early, they are essentially rendering Normal modes pointless, and Heroic modes for the most cutting edge. Do you see no problem with only 30% of guilds downing the final boss in Normal modes? It just feels like they are cheapening the progression model we've been used to for the last three expansions by not giving guilds ample time to even get to Heroic modes.
    Nope, not rendering anything pointless, Blizzard doesn't need to wait til everyone and thier mother kills a heroic boss. Thats not how it works. Would you rather have the 30% debuff then everyone would be able to kill it but then it would make the boss essentially a joke. Im sorry but no, thats not how it works. You can always go back to that Tier afterwards. Waiting for ppl to kill bosses is one of the reasons that made Tiers last for 7++ months, which is not ideal AT ALL. You want to see a boss? Do LFR you want a challenge? Do heroics, you dont NEED or aren't entitled to kill heroic Bosses. Im sorry if I sound like an ass, but thats how it is. You have the oportunity to kill bosses, if you didnt make it, too bad you can go back afterwards anyway.

    Thanks to LFR blizzard will be pushing things out faster, since that is what the majoirity of people will be doing/seeing. This is a good thing. Another good reason why LFR should be praised.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-11 at 07:35 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    T14 released with a lot of bugs even after quite a lot of testing, I don't see why people expect T15 to release without bugs (or to have its bugs fixed from a little more testing).
    Because T15 is not bound to a whole expansion's release date, ya know..
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    LFR was for people to see the content. Normal modes are for people who want a challenge and to raid with friends. Heroics are for the true best players amongst us that want the hardest challenge out there.

    LFR has served it's purpose, I agree. But with them releasing Tier 15 so early, they are essentially rendering Normal modes pointless, and Heroic modes for the most cutting edge. Do you see no problem with only 30% of guilds downing the final boss in Normal modes? It just feels like they are cheapening the progression model we've been used to for the last three expansions by not giving guilds ample time to even get to Heroic modes.
    LFR is now the difficulty to base stuff on since it attracts the biggest audience. If people are done with lfr t14, then blizzard sure as hell will try and get the next tier out soon. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, that's how it works. If it wasn't for lfr there may not have been any raids at all just fyi, too big of a development budget for too little people.

  10. #50
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,451
    I finished the content like 2-3 months ago and have been bored ever since.

  11. #51
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    With normal/heroic raid attendance so abysmally low, why in the world should the release of content be based on the progress of an activity only a minority does? Just seems really backwards of a thought process to me.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Good for you that your guild has nothing to do.

    Unfortunately that's only true for, according to WoWProgress, 413 guilds out of 12,195 (that's guilds that have downed Heroic Sha compared to guilds that have downed a single heroic boss). On top of that, there have been a total of 38,769 guilds that have downed a boss in this tier period, with only 29% of those having downed Sha of Fear. Blizzard has stated in the past that only a small percent of people seeing all the content is a mistake, and yet they're doing it again?

    But really I'm not even mad about that. I'm more angry about the fact that my guild has finally started to pick up steam after leveling up, gearing up, getting new players, dealing with attendance issues, dealing with holidays, and now all that is for naught. The top 1% of guilds get a nice little break between the tiers, but the middling guilds don't get anything. We raid three nights a week for 22 straight weeks, and then we have to raid three nights a week for XX number of weeks again, dealing with wipes, arguments, reading up and learning new fights, running LFR until our eyes bleed for those pieces of gear we're still missing. It just becomes exhausting and frankly I'm tired of it. At least for the first tier of this expansion I assumed we'd have more than 6 months of raiding to get all the content down.

    I understand that Blizzard can't please everyone, and that they surely can't wait until everyone finishes the tier before pushing out the next. But with pushing out the new raid so fast, they're only going to burn out the 99% while the 1% are the only ones who truly get to enjoy the content.

    Just because your guild couldnt keep it together and hit progression walls does not mean the rest of us should have to sit around and wait for you to eventually get it together. Sorry.

    We asked for less down time in between tiers and hey we got it. Someone will always have something to complain about.

  13. #53
    Very short tier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    Just because your guild couldnt keep it together and hit progression walls does not mean the rest of us should have to sit around and wait for you to eventually get it together. Sorry.
    413 Guilds vs the rest of the WoW community. Please do not talk about "the rest of us" when you guys are a tiny minority.

  14. #54
    In my opinion, I can't really wait for 5.2 to come. With all bosses normal and HC down it tends to get tedious and gearing up new recruits to the guild essentially gets boring and i've gone from turning up 5 days a week to a mere 1 or 2. Content is boring, can't complain really as DS was MUCH worse but hey, after a certain numbers to repeats even the most exciting things become boring.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    With normal/heroic raid attendance so abysmally low, why in the world should the release of content be based on the progress of an activity only a minority does? Just seems really backwards of a thought process to me.
    Exacly the point I made above, aswell as Derptte, they will be pushing Tiers at a faster rate, because LFR is the standard, thats what the majority are seeing. They dont need to wait for the minority AT ALL.

  16. #56
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    These forums:
    we need more content I'm so bored I'm going to quit.
    To much content, we don't have enough time.

  17. #57
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    I do not raid, so anytime is good.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    LFR is now the difficulty to base stuff on since it attracts the biggest audience. If people are done with lfr t14, then blizzard sure as hell will try and get the next tier out soon. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, that's how it works. If it wasn't for lfr there may not have been any raids at all just fyi, too big of a development budget for too little people.
    If that's the case, why did Blizzard wait 6 months to release this tier? Why do they even have Normal modes and Heroics? Wasted development time as you say. Blizzard could toss out 20+ undertuned bosses each tier and be done with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nope, not rendering anything pointless, Blizzard doesn't need to wait til everyone and thier mother kills a heroic boss. Thats not how it works. Would you rather have the 30% debuff then everyone would be able to kill it but then it would make the boss essentially a joke. Im sorry but no, thats not how it works. You can always go back to that Tier afterwards. Waiting for ppl to kill bosses is one of the reasons that made Tiers last for 7++ months, which is not ideal AT ALL. You want to see a boss? Do LFR you want a challenge? Do heroics, you dont NEED or aren't entitled to kill heroic Bosses. Im sorry if I sound like an ass, but thats how it is. You have the oportunity to kill bosses, if you didnt make it, too bad you can go back afterwards anyway.

    Thanks to LFR blizzard will be pushing things out faster, since that is what the majoirity of people will be doing/seeing. This is a good thing. Another good reason why LFR should be praised.
    I'm not angry about the fact that we couldn't kill heroic bosses. I'm angry about the fact that we didn't get the chance to even try (most of them). It's not my guild's fault that our raiders have lives and actually wanted to visit relatives over the holidays, or had work complications, or had real life issues that caused them to quit and caused us to replace them. Our guild didn't even technically get rolling until about 2 months ago, even though we had been struggling to keep a raid group together for the first 3 months of the expansion. Now Blizzard is basically saying "Sorry for your troubles, here's more content for you to grind until your eyes bleed."

    Just because your guild couldnt keep it together and hit progression walls does not mean the rest of us should have to sit around and wait for you to eventually get it together. Sorry.

    We asked for less down time in between tiers and hey we got it. Someone will always have something to complain about.
    Maybe try reading my posts next time. My guild did not hit progression walls, we hit "our raiders have other issues IRL" walls, which is something entirely unavoidable. I'm not even asking to finish this tier on heroic, I never expected my guild to. It just would've been nice to have a chance at seeing more than a couple bosses on Heroic.

    By the way, who is "the rest of us?" The 1% of the guilds that have actually completed this heroic tier?
    Last edited by Wowalixi; 2013-02-11 at 07:44 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    These forums:
    we need more content I'm so bored I'm going to quit.
    To much content, we don't have enough time.
    Hard to find something 9.6 million people agree on I guess.

  20. #60
    I would have preferred another 1-3 weeks to get some work in on Heroic Terrace, but my guild had a really rocky start with guild roster overhauls, so if we hadn't had that I might have found it okay.

    I'm sure the top end guilds that have been doing nothing for weeks will be happy, and the more casual crowd who only see LFR will likewise be getting more content. Bit too quick for the middle ground players, but not enough that I'm gona complain - just need to crank out as much progress as possible in a race against the clock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •