Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild hasn't even finished HoF normal yet but the timing of the new patch is good so that the frustration level doesn't get too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels a bit too soon given how much content was in this tier, but i am looking forward to ToT.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    You can doubt all you want but its confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301013346717663232

Personally, I am happy for the new tier. Nothing left to do here so might as well keep it moving!
    Good for you that your guild has nothing to do.

Unfortunately that's only true for, according to WoWProgress, 413 guilds out of 12,195 (that's guilds that have downed Heroic Sha compared to guilds that have downed a single heroic boss). On top of that, there have been a total of 38,769 guilds that have downed a boss in this tier period, with only 29% of those having downed Sha of Fear. Blizzard has stated in the past that only a small percent of people seeing all the content is a mistake, and yet they're doing it again?

But really I'm not even mad about that. I'm more angry about the fact that my guild has finally started to pick up steam after leveling up, gearing up, getting new players, dealing with attendance issues, dealing with holidays, and now all that is for naught. The top 1% of guilds get a nice little break between the tiers, but the middling guilds don't get anything. We raid three nights a week for 22 straight weeks, and then we have to raid three nights a week for XX number of weeks again, dealing with wipes, arguments, reading up and learning new fights, running LFR until our eyes bleed for those pieces of gear we're still missing. It just becomes exhausting and frankly I'm tired of it. At least for the first tier of this expansion I assumed we'd have more than 6 months of raiding to get all the content down.

I understand that Blizzard can't please everyone, and that they surely can't wait until everyone finishes the tier before pushing out the next. But with pushing out the new raid so fast, they're only going to burn out the 99% while the 1% are the only ones who truly get to enjoy the content.

Deleted
    MMO is losing subs, better rush out poorly designed content very fast!

This is insanely ridiculous, ONLY 413 Heroic Sha kills, no time to upgrade BiS gear, no time for 25 man raid testing on the PTR.

Expect the raid to be fucking bugged to the ground.

I don't really like it being this soon. The content on the PTR doesn't really feel done and they didn't do much raid testing yet. If it is in 2 weeks there will most likely be no 25-man or heroic testing at all and does feel kinda rushed, very few guilds finished this tier and a majority of those who did so very recently.

Too soon, Blizzard.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

This is a little sooner than I anticipated. I was hoping id have a little bit more time to upgrade some essential pieces, and maybe get a few kills on heroic elite protectors. But this will do.

Wondering if they're doing this just to see if we will call it as being too soon while planning to delay it before this announcement. Probably not though

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on the timing here. Was this tier too short, or paced just right? If your guild isn't going to finish T14, are you okay with that?

Personally, I would have preferred a longer break from raiding. My guild hasn't killed Elite Protectors yet, so we'll likely do that and then have a week off before 5.2 comes out and we're back to full time raiding.
    I think the thing to keep in mind is that LFR gear in 5.2 is NOT better than H HoF or H Terrace, so a lot of progression guilds will need to continue clearing t14 heroics to down normals and heroics in ToT, much like the BC progression model. Aside from missing the Cutting Edge FoS, you really won't miss much, as you'll likely need to farm HC t14 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post

Unfortunately that's only true for, according to WoWProgress, 413 guilds out of 12,195 (that's guilds that have downed Heroic Sha compared to guilds that have downed a single heroic boss). On top of that, there have been a total of 38,769 guilds that have downed a boss in this tier period, with only 29% of those having downed Sha of Fear. Blizzard has stated in the past that only a small percent of people seeing all the content is a mistake, and yet they're doing it again?

But really I'm not even mad about that. I'm more angry about the fact that my guild has finally started to pick up steam after leveling up, gearing up, getting new players, dealing with attendance issues, dealing with holidays, and now all that is for naught. The top 1% of guilds get a nice little break between the tiers, but the middling guilds don't get anything. We raid three nights a week for 22 straight weeks, and then we have to raid three nights a week for XX number of weeks again, dealing with wipes, arguments, reading up and learning new fights, running LFR until our eyes bleed for those pieces of gear we're still missing. It just becomes exhausting and frankly I'm tired of it. At least for the first tier of this expansion I assumed we'd have more than 6 months of raiding to get all the content down.

I understand that Blizzard can't please everyone, and that they surely can't wait until everyone finishes the tier before pushing out the next. But with pushing out the new raid so fast, they're only going to burn out the 99% while the 1% are the only ones who truly get to enjoy the content.
    no one is stopping you from going back and clearing it when the new patch hits. and if guilds havent killed a single heroic boss yet or havent killed sha on normal, chances are they needed the help anyways to get through that wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    MMO is losing subs, better rush out poorly designed content very fast!

This is insanely ridiculous, ONLY 413 Heroic Sha kills, no time to upgrade BiS gear, no time for 25 man raid testing on the PTR.

Expect the raid to be fucking bugged to the ground.
    I'm really curious why this is a relevent measurement for new content releases. How many kills for the final boss is appropriate before new content is released? What if it takes 5 more months to get to this magical number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never thought i'd see this site complain about faster content. They must be doing thier job right.

interesting , maybe they are planning a surprise this time, no heroic mode testing, then again original Naxxramas regarded as probably the best raid ever created was never on ptr .

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't even tested 25 man normals yet, let alone ANY of the heroic encounters. The second half of LFR is currently insanely buggy, Primodius is unkillable and certain things are tuned way too hard for LFR (especially the trash).

I don't see how in the world the patch can be ready by the 26th, unless they want to give us a shit awful unfinished Throne of Thunder.

Deleted
    Chaud is not Boub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny how ppl dont think 2 weeks of further testing and fixing is not enough, you people are incredibly hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post

And how many have seen sha in lfr? Millions? There's a reason they implemented lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    no one is stopping you from going back and clearing it when the new patch hits. and if guilds havent killed a single heroic boss yet or havent killed sha on normal, chances are they needed the help anyways to get through that wall.
    There's no reason to go back and clear it when the patch hits. We will grind out 5.2 LFR for the easy 502 loots, and then progress on Normal mode ToT. Since we won't have the Cutting Edge achievement, or even have needed the BiS gear from Tier 14, it essentially makes all of our work for the past 6 months moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
    I'm really curious why this is a relevent measurement for new content releases. How many kills for the final boss is appropriate before new content is released? What if it takes 5 more months to get to this magical number?
    I wouldn't even say measuring it by total number of final boss kills is what should decide the next tier. It should be certain percentages. As of right now, only 30% of guilds have killed a heroic boss, and only 1% have killed Sha of Fear. Those numbers should be at least a little bit higher before pushing out new content.

Deleted
    Not everyone has to have cleared the current heroic content before 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    I don't really like it being this soon. The content on the PTR doesn't really feel done and they didn't do much raid testing yet. If it is in 2 weeks there will most likely be no 25-man or heroic testing at all and does feel kinda rushed, very few guilds finished this tier and a majority of those who did so very recently.

Too soon, Blizzard.
    Last tier they did all there 25 and heroic testing in 2 weeks. Doing 4 day a week testing of 3-4 bosses a day. They can do it again. The hardcore players who are the only ones who really test 25 on ptr will show up. Not really hard to do.

too soon. they didn't even test 25 man raid bosses on the ptr yet.