Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This boss will be hilarious on Illidan. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    BLIZZARD WE WANT MORE CHALLENGES

-Blizzard creates a challenge

BLIZZARD WUT R YOU TINKING?

This is how a grand portion of the PvE community sounds like.
    This isn't about not wanting a "challenge", this is about a ridiculously poor implementation of it.

Its blizzards way of "bringing back 40 man raids" but it seems like it will be very hard to balance the fight around X number of players and that Y numbers of players are trying to kill X players while killing the boss and the boss still being hard if you have 40 people or 300 people. it seems like you will need big AoE spells to instantly kill of any noobs getting close to the boss so lets look at the journal for this boss

Crush – Oondasta crushes his current target, inflicting 462500 to 537500 Physical damage and reducing armor by 25% for 1 min. This effect stacks.

standard tank swap needs at least semi coordinated tanks

Alpha Male – Oondasta seeks only the most hearty challengers, making him immune to taunts, but also increasing tank-specced players' threat against him by 100%.

with this you need tanks that can handle their threat or just a mechanic to create a "if you die as a tank you are fucked" to make the tank swapping mechanic less easy to just do the LETS BRING 20 tanks tactic

Frill Blast – Oondasta's armor is more than just for decoration, and can charge up this powerful blast that inflicts 800000 Fire damage to all players in a 60-yard hemisphere in front of Oondasta.

Insta kill on people that are standing in the wrong spot and will kill off any player not knowing what to do but still is this enough to give free "superior loot"

Growing Fury – Oondasta's rage grows as the fight progresses, increasing all damage by 10%. This effect stacks.

DPS check easy negatable with more people

Piercing Roar – Oondasta unleashes a piercing roar, inflicting 200000 Physical damage to all players and interrupting spell-casting, preventing spells of that school from being cast for 10 sec.

Here you need healers that can heal everyone in the group and need for some coordination possible requirement to stack up if its cast a lot

Spiritfire Beam – Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.

kinda hard to make out how this will play out but still does not seem that hard.

This encounter does not seem that hard and that only hard mechanic is run out the fire so if you can find 300 people and just spam res/attack him and have 200 of them instantly die at the frill blast attack it would still be quite easy. so if they are giving out epic quality loot from this boss I don't think it will work out at all

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This isn't about not wanting a "challenge", this is about a ridiculously poor implementation of it.
    How is it a poor implementation? The only reason I see people not liking this is because they wont be able to kill it. It is no different than a heroic only boss inside an instance. Most people dont kill those either, and they dont whine about it.

I imagine he meant CURRENT heroic raiders, but as people gear up in 5.2 and the average ilvl of the community raises, more people will be able to kill the boss. I highly doubt it drops heroic gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

No it doesn't, you're just unable to comprehend that the player base is large, it seems.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well, at least you might see the boss up for more than 5 mins, opposed to Galleon.

Unless they put a player cap (which goes against there whole idea), nothing that is a world boss will be for heroic only raiders. I'm pretty sure that 40 heroic raiders can equal the same in strength of 100 normal raiders, can still down it.

Last boss I remembered that was supposed to be a really difficult and epic encounter was madness of deathwing.

blizzard said so

loooooool
    N

10+ Year Old Account

There is a difference between "Challenge" and "Needlessly cruel, unprecedented, and will be literally unkillable on low pop realms"
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Just look at spitfire beam again and then you can understand why this boss can't be simply gy zerged since 1 person on the wrong spot kills another 10-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I will just wait until one of the better guilds on my server come along and tag it then.
    One of the Devs said on the Onndasta fight this will not work.

It was something to the effect of:

On the Sha of Anger type fight: Does anyone really care if someone tags it and gets credit?
    On the Garalon type fight: Just try it and see

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    It'll get nerfed, let's be honest here lol
    I really don't think so. I also don't think any realm will have a problem just everyone will do him on tuesday with like 100 people or low pop realm players use OQ and do the same thing and just rush em. Blizz isn't nerfing like they used to.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Spiritfire Beam – Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.

kinda hard to make out how this will play out but still does not seem that hard.
    C'Thun disagrees.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Unless they put a player cap (which goes against there whole idea), nothing that is a world boss will be for heroic only raiders. I'm pretty sure that 40 heroic raiders can equal the same in strength of 100 normal raiders, can still down it.
    Depends on the mechanics. Oondasta has a Chain Lightning that will start one-shotting people quickly. Other mechanics that get around a "player cap" are things like Kazzak, who regenerated a large amount of health when people died.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Depends on the mechanics. Oondasta has a Chain Lightning that will start one-shotting people quickly. Other mechanics that get around a "player cap" are things like Kazzak, who regenerated a large amount of health when people died.
    I will say the oondasta chain lighting is true, but it can only jump X times, if you get a zerg large enough (though unlikely unless its like Illidan) it can be avoided. Also I don't blizz has done anything like on Kazzak on any of the world bosses, and they seem to support unlimited players even more with the "tag to faction" option.

Also, I am not talking about LFR raiders who can't handle to move from the most obvious crap everytime, I am talking about casual/normal raiders who can do that most of the time (95%+), maybe with that being the current target to players to fight Oondasta.
    Last edited by torterra275; 2013-02-11 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The abilities look fierce. The mechanics are going to be a nightmare since its a faction wide tag. Sounds its going to be fun. /notroll

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Some servers can't get 10 ppl at max level ? Because a heroic raid group only requires 10 people...
    He has 900m hp 10m not gonna do it lol.

Guys you're forgetting about the "tap to faction" feature coming to world bosses in 5.2, I do not think this will be such a big deal once the patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I will say the oondasta chain lighting is true, but it can only jump X times, if you get a zerg large enough (though unlikely unless its like Illidan) it can be avoided. Also I don't blizz has done anything like on Kazzak on any of the world bosses, and they seem to support unlimited players even more with the "tag to faction" option.
    It can jump 20 times, so it will probably kill 15 people every time it goes out.