Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am on US Stormreaver, horde. I am the guild master in one of the better guilds on our server. I have already been getting in contact to organize a 40 man raid of heroic raiders from our server. Talked with several other guild masters that are game for it. I expect like any hard boss, its going to take some attempts to get it down. But with good organization and bringing a select group of good players then I am sure we will kill this weekly. Honestly it seems like the intention of this is to be something hard for the more hardcore population in the game. I don't really see any problem with this at all. I mean not everything has to be super easy, and intended for everyone to be able to kill. This is obviously skill based fight strictly intended for the more hardcore guilds. I mean not the end of the world. Add PvP grief and its yet even harder. I'm looking forward to it. There's still another easy mode world boss that will be available for the masses to down weekly, probably on a 15 min spawn timer just like Sha of Anger. It's amazing some of the complaining. It's a hard boss, get better gear, get into a better guild and I'm sure you will kill it. Servers that organize this the best will be better off. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have a 15 minute spawn timer too just because it is so difficult. Just my $.02

-Zinzrah
    Guild Master of <Subtle Insanity>
    Horde, US-Stormreaver
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cosset - 90 Tauren Druid
    Zinzrah - 100 Undead Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    In principle it sounds good but I think Blizzard are making a big mistake in targeting this boss for heroic raiders.
    Your issue seems to be about tagging, until there is more information it's not easy to speculate how tagging will work - maybe they will modify the tag system.

Also - There is plenty of content for casuals, the game has constantly been nerfed and dumbed-down since mid BC. Nobody should really have reason to bitch that they don't have something to do. If someone doesn't like the fact they can't kill a particular boss, then your option is to up your game and find a good guild. Nothing different about that.

So the general consensus i'm getting from people in this thread is.

Because SOME people do not want to leave underpopulated servers, people that are smart enough to actually move off them years ago and people that are already on High pop servers shouldn't be able to have a fun Boss where you need a large number of people JUST BECAUSE low-population players can't do it?

Cry me a fucking river.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    So the general consensus i'm getting from people in this thread is.

Because SOME people do not want to leave underpopulated servers, people that are smart enough to actually move off them years ago and people that are already on High pop servers shouldn't be able to have a fun Boss where you need a large number of people JUST BECAUSE low-population players can't do it?

Cry me a fucking river.
    Some people have better uses for 25-250 dollars than to just move some characters around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Some people have better uses for 25-250 dollars than to just move some characters around.
    I didn't realise re-rolling on another server instead of wallowing in your self-pity and blaming blizzard and than complaining about it, cost money.

Considering most of the "low-pop" servers have been Low pop for quite a few years now, that they have AMPLE time to move to a new server.

If you have better uses for the money, then it isn't EVERYONE elses problem that you can't do a large scale boss.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-02-12 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I didn't realise re-rolling on another server instead of wallowing in your self-pity and blaming blizzard and than complaining about it, cost money.
    Costs time. Lots of time. Are you going to level up (without any heirlooms or initial gold, mind you) fit yourself out in heroic dungeons blues, luck into some raiding guild willing to take you and gear you up, and then kill the bosses?

And then potentially do a similar thing for all your other remade characters?

If you have better uses for the money, then it isn't EVERYONE elses problem that you can't do a large scale boss.
    It isn't a problem that Blizzard should ignore. I'm all for difficult bosses, content, etc, but Blizzard should try and design PRACTICAL solutions around issues that they've basically let go on for, as you yourself said, "years," that then come into CONFLICT with said new content.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Costs time. Lots of time. Are you going to level up (without any heirlooms or initial gold, mind you) fit yourself out in heroic dungeons blues, luck into some raiding guild willing to take you and gear you up, and then kill the bosses?

And then potentially do a similar thing for all your other remade characters?
    Yes. I did do that. When I realised my Old server was terrible and I did not want to pay to Xfer. I've actually done it 3 times.

Costs actual very little time, went 1-85 in 2 weeks. Got geared after another 2. So 1 month to get a new Character ready, as opposed to sitting on a low-pop server for 4 years crying about how I don't have time to Make a character on a new Server. I say 85, Because I've not needed to do it since MoP, and with MoPs nerf to Lvling Exp needed I could probably do it even Faster. Hell even my Monk which I was playing Casually as an Alt still got to 90 within 4 weeks though that was with the Enlightenment buff regardless it is still not as "hard" or "time-consuming" as people make it out to be, since I managed to do it whilst working a full time job..

Seems like I wasted less time than the others who waste years of time on Low-pop servers being unable to actually do anything.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-02-12 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Also, all you people who say its going to be nerfed; when's the last time a world boss got nerfed? Kay. (In fact, Galleon received a BUFF.)
    Galleon was and is a cakewalk. He's very easy.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Unless the amount of people hitting the boss is capped it will go down for everyone because people will just keep bringing more people until the boss cannot stand under the pressure of so many players regardless of mechanics. That or the server will crash due to too many players and blizzard will have to rethink the boss.
    The boss occasionally gets a stacking buff that increases its damage by 10%. The boss will always win in a long dragged out fight. The only hope is to zerg the boss quickly with overwhelming numbers.

But I really don't see a problem with a hard world boss that requires people to be geared to face it. Why should every world boss be of LFR difficulty? Everyone deserves a challenge. If you aren't geared, tag along and get on its loot list. (I'm sure you have to do more then just hit it once and nothing else). Since there is no limit to the amount of groups of the same faction that can be attacking it there will always be room for people to soak damage or offer healing (even if its under geared).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Its blizzards way of "bringing back 40 man raids" but it seems like it will be very hard to balance the fight around X number of players and that Y numbers of players are trying to kill X players while killing the boss and the boss still being hard if you have 40 people or 300 people. it seems like you will need big AoE spells to instantly kill of any noobs getting close to the boss so lets look at the journal for this boss
    World Bosses are tuned for 25 men, not 40, being able to make a raid group of 40 is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    It can jump 20 times, so it will probably kill 15 people every time it goes out.
    Oh God, I can just imagine this now, especially the Horde trolls CLing everyone. Better yet, someone taunting during Frill Blast (if you can) will be just as epic. This will officially be the trolliest world boss ever.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:28 AM ----------

Spending 25 bucks for a server xfer is the best investment you'll make on a dead/extremely weak/bad server, for your main that is. I used it back on...I think Exodar, or Rivendare, years ago, never happier.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-02-12 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally.

No idea how frequently it's cast.
    This would be actually a good question how often it casts because if it has cast timer > 30 sec it may just mean death for n-people, corpse run in while rest is zerging boss ? just like some people run in to sha only this may be on bigger scale ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    To everyone saying stuff like this: 200 people can't just zerg every boss on the planet down. There could be mechanics in place that just wipe out huge numbers of people at once, targeted aoes for example.

Imagine 200 people going up against a hard mode (and tuned as a 90 world boss) Iron Council for example. Steelbreaker gets 20% health back and a 25% stacking damage bonus (and size increase of some amount) for each player he kills. Without enough healers to heal 200 players, you're looking at a fight that will devolve very quickly into an colossal iron giant rampaging about and dispensing great misery upon any players who were foolish enough to fire off a cast. Too many players would ensure such a boss would become unkillable very quickly.

I'm not saying Oondasta will have identical mechanics obviously, but the people who design encounters aren't stupid, and contrary to popular belief, they don't have less foresight about their own encounters than your average forum poster. It's not impossible, not even remotely difficult, to make a boss non-zergable.

Yes, you can still have a scenario where a good group's victory seems imminent and players stampede forward to tag, but even for that scenario you would need a group that's capable of taking him down to start with.
    You do know that they did that with Kazzak, and it ends up with people just jumping in the fight naked just to troll the actual raid.

Deleted
    Yeah. 25 dollars. A real fortune...

I'm quite curious how this will work with the upcoming faction tagging.
    Either this boss will be an exception, or a lot of people will jump in the fight to tag it along and get loot, even without belonging to said heroic raid groups. You can't really avoid that, if it's possible by any means.

Kazzak 2.0? Yes please.

It'll be nerfed, or people will just share the tag and zerg it down as a realm.

this reminds me of the old world bosses back in vanilla, you had to be a somewhat coordinated raidgroup to kill some of em, fending of alliance /horde while killing the boss yourself.
    im okay if im not able to kill him in a bit, hope he stays clear of the nerfbat for a while ^^
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    BLIZZARD WE WANT MORE CHALLENGES

-Blizzard creates a challenge

BLIZZARD WUT R YOU TINKING?

This is how a grand portion of the PvE community sounds like.
    People always make these statements.This may be the same community, but this isn't the same people doing a total u-turn on their wants and needs. It is two different minorities of the same community, namely the vocal minorities.

I don't see Blizzard basing the majority of their actions on what the vocal minority say, but rather what the popularity numbers from player participation suggest.

Deleted
    I think they would be better off if they created an instanced 40 man heroic boss. This would be fucking cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Unless they put a player cap (which goes against there whole idea), nothing that is a world boss will be for heroic only raiders. I'm pretty sure that 40 heroic raiders can equal the same in strength of 100 normal raiders, can still down it.
    Except for the chain-fire that increases it's dmg 50% by jump, if you have 100 "normal raiders" chances are that'll quickly kill off half the raid. and the other half dying not long after because they spread out but did so in front of the boss.