Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Powning the opposite faction is going to be hilarious for once !

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Because iLvl 522 items still have a higher iLvl than any T14 heroic items (509, 516 if you count the few heroic elite items)

Unless people are really thinking that Oondasta is targetted to players with heroic T15 gear.
    But it's normal T15 ilvl, soo... what's the incentive for "heroic raid groups" here? Well, unless he drops tier tokens or thunderforged items. I'm wondering what makes this boss more valuable than the other one - which is not supposed to be nearly as demanding.

Just seems like a really weird idea... why have a heroic difficulty boss with strict positional requirements and then add a ffa loot tag to everyone in your faction - all that does is destroy any positional tactics the 'heroic guilds' might try as the entire area will littered by random players chaining shit everywhere; and that assuming it's accidental and not some dicks constantly griefing everyone for a laugh.

Also trying to see how that chain lightning doesn't penalize melee as they'll have far less space to spread out compared to the ranged... I'd have no issue helping out with the healing it if I could get my Agi gear, which I can't, so yeah.. currently sounds like a melee deathtrap unless he has some weird hitbox thing going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I will just wait until one of the better guilds on my server come along and tag it then.
    No you wont
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the C'Thun inspired ability. I can't wait for this boss to hit Live, and hopefully it isn't nerfed before then.

You can see Spiritfire Beam just tearing people up on the PTR. http://youtu.be/lhglOWjZjQo
    Last edited by Kanariya; 2013-02-13 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post

Also trying to see how that chain lightning doesn't penalize melee as they'll have far less space to spread out compared to the ranged... I'd have no issue helping out with the healing it if I could get my Agi gear, which I can't, so yeah.. currently sounds like a melee deathtrap unless he has some weird hitbox thing going on.
    My guess is that its gonna target anyone with a ranged spec, similar to majordomo. Only if not enough people are at range would it start to target melee.

This also means one griefer only has to link the two to fully systematically defeat half a raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    All I can picture from this is a zerg rush.
    All I can picture from this is "world server down"
    my server has a very high population, I imagine this world boss faction thingy to be a server killer.

Deleted
    If my PC could actually withstand this...
    I play on High population realm. If the boss will be hard enough that it requires 2-3 full raids...well, GG.
    World bosses are kinda difficult to solve now. Make it easy - it's easy, free loot pinata. Make it hard - players will zerg rush it, more the merrier.
    I already got 5 FPS on Sha.

Several quest bosses already scale in health (and damage?) depending on the amount of players attacking them. It's not unthinkable they'll use a similar system on Oondasta to prevent zerging.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    There's one huge problem.
    Having the top guilds on your realm do all the work for you, while you run along and claim the same reward as they, simply isn't fair.
    It is true, it isn't fair. I don't get that if this is indeed the case, I don't know why people are complaining about challenge when it doesn't matter if anyone and their mom can piggy back their way to the loot. I can see top guilds saying screw this and not even attempt to do the boss because of WAAAAY too much competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Unless the beam only jumps to raid members, I'd say that's an intentional risk. They did say a couple of weeks ago that jumping in on the boss at 5% to get free lootz would probably end badly.
    They are going to have to either nerf it hard or prevent this from happening, otherwise it will be way too easy to wipe a raid. Did some rough napkin math and by the 4th or 5th jump it'll start killing people off, and that's hoping the people it jumps to are at full HP already.

I don't mind that 1 worldboss isn't faceroll LFR difficulty that you can do with a bunch of idiots. I recon that if it's on par with normal ToT maybe slightly harder it would be good since he drops 522 loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    I don't mind that 1 worldboss isn't faceroll LFR difficulty that you can do with a bunch of idiots. I recon that if it's on par with normal ToT maybe slightly harder it would be good since he drops 522 loot
    Neither do I. Or pretty much anyone else who thinks this boss is a bad idea. What people DO think though, is that this is simply a weird intention by Blizzard. First they go all "herpa derp faction tag so everyone can get loot" to encourage everyone to participate and not camp/ninja tag it away from your allies and suddenly they want to implement this. I wouldn't mind if it was an instanced 40m raid boss with appropriate challenge and rewards (even if I probably wouldn't ge a chance to see this boss at the appropriate time), but as it seems now, they just implemented two completely contradicting design intentions for this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    The boss being difficult isn't the big looming problem i see on the horizon, it's putting him out into the world where people from outside the heroic-guild can come in and muck things up (Either to try piggybacking for loot or griefing for t3h l0lz), a boss at "heroic guild"-level is better off in an instance of some sort, to prevent this form of trouble...

I look foward to it, its gonna be hilarious. Gonna run my rogue throw and stand back everytime
    FREE LOOT

Deleted
    I love how people read "Several heroic groups combine forces" as having to need several 40 man raid groups. Because heroic raiding groups are 40man, right?

Think with your head, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    I'm sorry but the omg fps argument is crap sorry your build is crap but don't screw the game because having more than 10 people makes you cry.
    This is usually more of an add-on issue than system as well. I never lagged in huge encounter with ~50+ people in Rift or GW2 but in WoW I do have some issues and Im sure its one of the 50 addons i run. Most likely recount that causes me to have issues.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Parawhore View Post
    I look foward to it, its gonna be hilarious. Gonna run my rogue throw and stand back everytime
    FREE LOOT
    They already mentioned you won't be able to do this on Oondasta.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanlover View Post
    Several quest bosses already scale in health (and damage?) depending on the amount of players attacking them. It's not unthinkable they'll use a similar system on Oondasta to prevent zerging.

I agree with this, I imagine that a well coordinated group of 25 (eventually with some 522 gear) to 40 will be able to kill the boss, Heroic Level raid group basically means that you are a coordinated and have smart players. Not the mass of LFR raiders that have come on the scene as of recent expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Powning the opposite faction is going to be hilarious for once !
    For PvP server the opp faction might be an issue, but that is why you play on a PvP server right?

But for non-PvP servers I think part of the idea of Heroic Level Raid group is that you don't have players that are dumb enough to get flagged in the firstplace
    Last edited by jearle; 2013-02-14 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    I am a raider in the only raid group on my server that is raiding heroic content at the moment. I can't see our server ever downing this boss if it is truly that difficult.
    Unfortunately for you that is too bad. I firmly agree with Blizzards stance on not everything is for everybody. If you cannot manage to get enough people to work together on it then too bad. Maybe this will work towards building your community to work towards something positive. I know Galleon has for us. We are on a 4:1 Alliance to Horde med-low pop server and yet we have close to equal Galleon kills since we decided to work hard to deny the Alliance the monopoly on him.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    BLIZZARD WE WANT MORE CHALLENGES

-Blizzard creates a challenge

BLIZZARD WUT R YOU TINKING?

This is how a grand portion of the PvE community sounds like.

Don't single out PvE it's the entire player base as a whole.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Last boss I remembered that was supposed to be a really difficult and epic encounter was madness of deathwing.

blizzard said so

loooooool
    Do not ever recall a Blue post saying that the DW encounter would be really difficult. Epic, but never bragging about the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The boss being difficult isn't the big looming problem i see on the horizon, it's putting him out into the world where people from outside the heroic-guild can come in and muck things up (Either to try piggybacking for loot or griefing for t3h l0lz), a boss at "heroic guild"-level is better off in an instance of some sort, to prevent this form of trouble...
    This was true of all the Vanilla world bosses, but somehow people still managed to kill them. The green dragons were generally only killed by top guilds (heroic-level equivalent). Doomwalker in BC even had a similar chain lightning ability and was in a high traffic area and was killed often. Of course one of the things they added which helped people kill those bosses was a 15 minute debuff if you died that would instantly kill you if you came near the boss again. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't one (I think).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    This was true of all the Vanilla world bosses, but somehow people still managed to kill them. The green dragons were generally only killed by top guilds (heroic-level equivalent). Doomwalker in BC even had a similar chain lightning ability and was in a high traffic area and was killed often. Of course one of the things they added which helped people kill those bosses was a 15 minute debuff if you died that would instantly kill you if you came near the boss again. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't one (I think).
    Because back then epics weren't given away by some vendor and you couldn't farm valor points for in dungeons and recieve epic loot lulz

Back in the old days epic were epics

Now epics are as common as blues were back then.

(I remember waking up at fucking 3Am on weekend just to kill those dragons and it took HOURS to do it compared to now)

WoW is now known as WoC

World of Casualcraft