Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how many people you actually need to kill him. If it's doable with ~30, it could be an actual bonus for 25 man guilds... well, kinda, since obviously 10 mans could group up, but still 900 mln hp is quite a bit, but then again, looks perfectly doable with heroic geared group - slightly above typical heroic boss without damage buffs, but still less than Sha of Fear. Rest of abilities - no idea.

Seems to be horribly easy to grief, though. That... could get ugly.

It sounds like a good idea in theory. Just imagine how epic it would be to see full servers going at this boss!

Also it might get the community to actually talk to each other ;p

900 million HP and a steadily increasing 'soft enrage' means you're probably going to need at least 80 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    It sounds like a good idea in theory. Just imagine how epic it would be to see full servers going at this boss!
    "In theory", yeah it sounds great. But I fear in practice it's just not going to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    900 million HP and a steadily increasing 'soft enrage' means you're probably going to need at least 80 people.

"In theory", yeah it sounds great. But I fear in practice it's just not going to be viable.
    900m is not really a lot these days. Sha has like 1.6b or something crazy on 25 man heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    900m is not really a lot these days. Sha has like 1.6b or something crazy on 25 man heroic
    It's also an extremely long fight. Oondasta doesn't have a hard enrage. His builds up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it matters. Give it 15 minutes and there will be a total step by step guide on this and every other WoW site out there with videos on YouTube of exactly where to stand and what to do. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Yeaaaah, my thoughts. So basically....big fancy raid team tags it and does the work, and I can profit? Woot. ;D
    Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.

Depending on the bounce range, too many players attempting to profit from the pull winds up with a monstrous wipe a la C'thun. Plus when combining it with Frill Blast, that many people trying to move at once, without chaining the above, it's going to be a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Guilds will have to attempt it off of peak hours just to avoid both griefing and leaching players from jumping into the middle of the raid and creating a chain.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-02-12 at 02:36 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Like it matters. Give it 15 minutes and there will be a total step by step guide on this and every other WoW site out there with videos on YouTube of exactly where to stand and what to do. Yawn.
    Which still makes it ten times hard than Sha of Anger, where you just keep graveyard zerging without any resemblance of tactics.

I will direct your attention to the World Boss: Kazzak. When he killed someone, he restored a significant amount of his HP. This would have devastating effects against raids of any number of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin View Post
    I will direct your attention to the World Boss: Kazzak. When he killed someone, he restored a significant amount of his HP. This would have devastating effects against raids of any number of players.
    There is a huge difference of 1) ammount of players on a realm and 2) ammount of people interrested in killing the boss

Kazzak was manageable because he was killed by a few guilds and those not in guilds capable of killing him stayed the hell away from him.

Now, we're gonna see ALOT more people just zerg the hell out of him, not giving a damn about any "heroic level, prepared group" because all they'll see is the faction shared tag and the loot table. unless you prepare a raid at 3AM or whenever the major portion of the server's offline, youll never be able to have any kind of real coordination on a world boss.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Honestly it depends on their view of a HC raider, I mean is a hc raider any person who killed 1 boss on hc or is a hc raider a person who are 16/16 hc.

It feels like it will become a huge issue even if you manage to gather a full 40m raid, with morons just running in and making the chain beam link and starting killing people off (especially if it his melee).

There's also (maybe) the possibility that the HC part is only aimed at the dps check.

But yes as the first post pointed out it's just a really stupid desicion when they add the new tag system because you'll have a huuge amount of players not able to actually participate in killing him rushing there just to get loot, and then wiping an organised group attempting it.

Could kinda imagine the scenario like this (on a decent pop realm)
    1. Oondasta spawns
    2. Campers from multiple guilds will start making raids
    3. The word spreads and more casual players (non raiding ones etc) rush there to get their share of free loot
    4. First "HC" raid gets there, server is now becoming a bit slow and laggy
    5. Boss is pulled and server crashes 5 seconds later
    6. step 5 repeats over and over until enough people give up.

I honestly see this boss mainly being killed in the off hours during night etc.

It'll be nerfed or the new tagging system will mean as a casual, I can leech off the efforts of heroic raiders.

One or both options is fine by me.

So basicly, my top 100 25 man guild might not get to kill this boss at all because we aren't enough heroic raiders on the realm? Weak. So very, very weak. We can field all 35 people in our roster, but the announcements specificly states "multiple" heroic level guilds. The server is dead apart from us. Sigh.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So basicly, my top 100 25 man guild might not get to kill this boss at all because we aren't enough heroic raiders on the realm? Weak. So very, very weak. We can field all 35 people in our roster, but the announcements specificly states "multiple" heroic level guilds. The server is dead apart from us. Sigh.
    It might mean multiple TEN man raiding guild. Keep in mind that 25 with a decent roster is almost like three of those. 'Course, it's probably too optimistic, but maybe...

Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally.

No wiping the other faction by making a link.
    No mention of a max range for each jump.
    No idea how frequently it's cast.

No doubt though that it will destroy a raid that just tries to zerg it. But on my realm the ideal setup will be having the organized heroic raiders do their work and all the rest of us lowly leachers can just smack the boss and stand back.

I just think it's a shame a boss with abilities like that will never be kited to a major city
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-02-12 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oondasta has mechanics that can instantly wipe out huge chunks of people... all the people that inevitably stand in front of him, with the added bonus of giant chain lightning beams of doom.

You can only get a hold of so many people before the boss just ends up plastering all the tanks (likely because some guy that tried to drop in arcs the beam to them) and then wiping people one by one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blizzard has already responded to the whole people tagging it and running away by saying: "They can try."

Basically means this fucker will be hard enough to prevent that. (It'd be pretty cool if he had an ability which just killed players who were inactive for too long)

Anyway, I'm not a heroic-level raider, and I hope to god they don't change this. I really like that there's a WORLD boss who's actually going to be challenging.

Also, all you people who say its going to be nerfed; when's the last time a world boss got nerfed? Kay. (In fact, Galleon received a BUFF.)
    d=(^_^)z

Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Also, all you people who say its going to be nerfed; when's the last time a world boss got nerfed? Kay. (In fact, Galleon received a BUFF.)
    All MoP world bosses thus far have been puggable, whether buffed or not. I'll remain highly sceptical of them leaving Oondasta as he is given that about 1% (or less, if depending on the server, groups are not even possible) will be able to manage him.

Also, this is a world boss, if you die, just run back, graveyard zerg ftw

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Also, this is a world boss, if you die, just run back, graveyard zerg ftw
    Until the rez timer starts kicking in.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"