Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has anyone organized an actual kill yet on the PTR? Do we have any idea how often he does the zone-of-death and the chain lightning, how often he gets the 10% stacking buff? How many seconds between tank-swap mechanics, how long does it take to fall off?

If we've got those numbers we can math out and out how many tanks and healers you'll need, and how many 100k dps players it'll take for a kill within 'x' seconds.

Deleted
    I welcome the fact that we are getting a "hard" World-Boss because Galleon and Sha are just way too easy.

Deleted
    i doubt it will be any challenge, if anything it will be: throw enough people at it

I'm just going to fly around until he's at ~10% and swoop in for the free loot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I'm just going to fly around until he's at ~10% and swoop in for the free loot.
    I'm going to laugh so hard if his Roar can dismount. So much for your briliant plan

Will the opposite faction be able to taunt him once he's tagged?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Will the opposite faction be able to taunt him once he's tagged?
    He's untauntable by anyone, meaning the tanks actually have to know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I shall name him Noobstopper and love him long time .

Quote Originally Posted by bovidae View Post
    i doubt it will be any challenge, if anything it will be: throw enough people at it
    Have you seen Spiritfire Beam? Its a chain death laser. And I think its jump is unlimited. So the more you bring the more it can hit. But could be wrong, will need to find some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I shall name him Noobstopper and love him long time .

Have you seen Spiritfire Beam? Its a chain death laser. And I think its jump is unlimited. So the more you bring the more it can hit. But could be wrong, will need to find some more info.
    I don't think there's a limit to how many it can hit, just how far it can jump. So the more people you bring, the more everyone has to be aware of their surroundings. Depending on your group size, the fight will be hard for different reasons.

Deleted
    I wonder how they will prevent (clueless) random people from running in and wiping a raid by spreading the chain beam.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-02-12 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I wonder how they will prevent (clueless) random people from running in and wiping a raid by spreading the chain beam.
    Unless the beam only jumps to raid members, I'd say that's an intentional risk. They did say a couple of weeks ago that jumping in on the boss at 5% to get free lootz would probably end badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Unless the beam only jumps to raid members, I'd say that's an intentional risk. They did say a couple of weeks ago that jumping in on the boss at 5% to get free lootz would probably end badly.
    Yeah right, but what about people doing it deliberately to wipe a raid?
    I mean, it should be impossible to prove if someone just wants to grab some loot or really wants to piss off other people by ruining their fight.

But I guess we'll have to wait at least for some ptr-experiences.
    Could be a part of the intentional risk of an open world fight, too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yeah right, but what about people doing it deliberately to wipe a raid?
    I mean, it should be impossible to prove if someone just wants to grab some loot or really wants to piss off other people by ruining their fight.

But I guess we'll have to wait at least for some ptr-experiences.
    Could be a part of the intentional risk of an open world fight, too, of course.
    World boss. There's always the risk of some idiot trying to be smart and kill someone, and of course the other faction is unlikely to sit on the sidelines too if they get the chance to kill you off.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what's the loot then, if it's for HC raiders...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    I hope to god his Fire Beam can't jump from someone ungrouped into my raid group. That would be fucking retarded. I don't want LegolasDKHunt standing there derping and killing off a couple of my actual raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I wonder what's the loot then, if it's for HC raiders...
    That's what I don't get, he drops normal 522 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    BLIZZARD WE WANT MORE CHALLENGES

-Blizzard creates a challenge

BLIZZARD WUT R YOU TINKING?

This is how a grand portion of the PvE community sounds like.
    Two different people.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually i doubt it will be nerfed given the fact you can have multiple 40man groups

Can I just ask how people's FPS is during Sha of Anger/Galleon kills on a high population server? How much does your performance drop when there's 100+ people all fighting the boss at once?

One of the main reasons I objected to the concept of a heroic world boss is because I think for the majority of people the FPS issues caused by having so many players present make surviving a heroic boss increasingly unlikely.

Lets be honest here; you'll likely see about two full groups of heroic raiders plus one or two full groups of average raiders plus all the randoms that try to join in all trying to kill the boss together, plus there's all the random people that just fly overhead and watch. I can't imagine any PC could handle that many people without causing performance issues that will lead to death.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-12 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    Two different people.
    Which is exactly why it is thoroughly idiotic for some people to think that Blizzard should cater to them, and only to them.