Fire 4P T15: Pyroblast Spam?

Kinda curious if the extra 6.5% Crit (after CM) we get for Pyroblast from our 4P T15 would make Pyro spam worth it over Fireball.

- Scales higher with Int/Spellpower
    - Scales much higher with Haste than Fireball
    - Adds that DoT we have grown to love
    - Bigger slower hits = bigger-yet-slower Ignites
    - Extra 6.5% Crit = More Heating Up/Hot Streaks.

While I haven't tested it yet and I don't quite know how to calculate it, has anyone done either or to see if Pyro as your primary nuke works?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Pff its a pretty hard thing to calculate, as its not only comparison between damage vs cast time, but also time used casting, increased crit rate for pyro

The main thing though is that you will prolly end up with less direct back to back crits. Which means less HS procs. I mean even with 6.5% more crit, when we get past 50% crit again with fireball, it will prolly take around 5 fireballs on average to crit twice in a row, and pyroblast having 1,55 times longer cast time it you can only fit 3.21 pyroblasts in the same time span.. So in the end it purely comes down to damage/time that fireball and pyro do, and atm that difference is 6%(without t15 4 set) in favor of fireball..

Edit: funny side note.. if pyro has 56.5% crit chance the back to back chance is around 32%, So even that will even up the cast time difference. So ye.. would need a sim to run this on.. so gogo coders!
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-02-11 at 08:36 PM.

Blizzard has already shown that they will go out of their way to make sure pyroblast spam will not work by nerfing non proc pyroblasts the last time this question started to appear and stating that this was the exact reason for doing it so even if it does turn out better you can be sure it won't last

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Blizzard has already shown that they will go out of their way to make sure pyroblast spam will not work by nerfing non proc pyroblasts the last time this question started to appear and stating that this was the exact reason for doing it so even if it does turn out better you can be sure it won't last
    Mm, But if they would have buffed fireball damage by lets say 5% when they should have to compensate the loss of dps from invoc, we would be having this topic now would we, and that buff to fireball would loose its power more and more crit we get as we get more HS procs which in turn means less fireball casts

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Ahh true.

I'll at least try it later and keep the results in secrecy then if they go positively :3

Don't want them nerfing MORE >_>; They've already taken everything from us this expansion
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    maybe by the end of the xpac we'll spam pryo during bloodlust if we get fireball below 0.5s

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    maybe by the end of the xpac we'll spam pryo during bloodlust if we get fireball below 0.5s
    I'm almost assuming with 4P T15, we SHOULD be spamming Pyro during Hero. It benefits a ton more from Haste than Fireball does.

It may be smarter to just nod and never say anything about this again. I dont want a further fire nerf thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe after AT during bloodlust...
    Gonna just wait until we actually get a final patch before they change everything again on us.

Gonna just wait until we actually get a final patch before they change everything again on us.
    Fire will prolly never reach 1 second cast time with fireball, unless you get some crazy haste trinket again and you are a troll, reason for this is that the haste required to do that is just crazy numbers(16k rating with berserking)

A final patch? We've got two weeks and they STILL can't get Arcane right. Fire's not going to be touched at all.

If anything, they'd mess around with RoP/IW, something GC said were "issues", but I guess that was all bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    A final patch? We've got two weeks and they STILL can't get Arcane right. Fire's not going to be touched at all.

If anything, they'd mess around with RoP/IW, something GC said were "issues", but I guess that was all bullshit.
    hmmm??? whats wrong with arcane on ptr??? only issue i can see right now is number(which they are doing right now) and invocation derp

mechanic wise its fine and loving the whole 4stack thing
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    hmmm??? whats wrong with arcane on ptr??? only issue i can see right now is number(which they are doing right now) and invocation derp

mechanic wise its fine and loving the whole 4stack thing
    Exactly. It's STILL derping and we still have yet to try out the new 50% MP5/New Arcane Evocation thing, and we only have two weeks to go; there isn't enough time.

Plus, still (helplessly) optimistic about the "issues" (In GC's words) that are RoP and IW that have yet to get changed (with the exception of RoP being an "issue" and only being nerfed...)