Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Game would be a lot more fun if developers had the freedom to design content that actually required a little learning.
    Heroic raids are wipefests that require a lot of learning.

Normal raids are challenging to some mid level guilds and require some learning.

LFR is very forgiving and requires some learning only on some members of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    After doing the first five or six raids in raidfinder I find them all to be the same formula. Your run into a raid dungeon, kill maybe 2 trash groups then slay a boss. you go to a different wing and maybe kill one or two trash groups then slay a boss. You proceed like this to the final boss which has a little different fight mechanic and slay the boss.
    Have you tried any of those fights on other modes (like normal or heroic)? Mechanics don't mean squat in Raid Finder, so your LFR perspective is not really applicable. There are some new and neat mechanics in all the T14 raids if you play them on the right difficulty level. Mechanics in LFR are not intended to have consequence due to the randomness of your grouping.

But, I do agree that there could always be more fun mechanics. There is always room for more. However, not the simplicity that was Kara. Something actually complex and engaging. I would love to see more raid encounters where people have more roles beyond your standard tank/DPS/heal. There has been some success with that in previous raid bosses, and I'd like to see it expanded more.

Deleted
    After doing the first five or six raids in raidfinder
    I stopped reading afterwards. You are not entitled to an opinion regarding what wow misses / does not miss / should or should not have, if your highest-rated activity in wow is resumed to just LFR.
    It's like the fox that couldn't get to the apples, but said they are bad anyway...that's a "nono" sir.

Deleted
    -1v1 arena
    -solo old raid challanges
    -random generated lore puzzles
    -jumping puzzles (gw2)
    -random generated labyrinths (gw2)
    -something similar to brawler's guild, but you would always fight your clone (or some special boss). Once you kill it, clone would get +1% stats. Then add counter for how many times did you manage to kill it until he became unkillable. Same for healing (healing X friendly target).
    -racing vehicles (with canons to destroy other competitors) with tracks similar to ones in trackmania (ok, maybe I went too far..but it would be cool )

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    -jumping puzzles (gw2)
    Coming in 5.2.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosie345 View Post
    I agree with the OP.

LFR has become a loot machine. You don't do it because it's fun, you do it because you could get loot with little effort. In the short term this might be fine for most players, but in the long term it's just not going to work. But it certainly is not easy to come up with an alternative.

If you make the LFR harder with more movement or specific actions that are required, then players who don't know how it works will get yelled at. I like LFR because it's one way of gearing up, but the implementation is not correct yet.
    lol LFR, so maybe try raiding heroic version next time if you're so bored.

After doing the first five or six raids in raidfinder I find them all to be the same formula. Your run into a raid dungeon, kill maybe 2 trash groups then slay a boss. you go to a different wing and maybe kill one or two trash groups then slay a boss. You proceed like this to the final boss which has a little different fight mechanic and slay the boss.

I know Blizzard has done some things like adding wind that blows you around but I think the dungeons and raids need a little more of a random factor to them. I thought they started down the right road back in Karazhan with the Opera fight. I think that the dungeons need to be longer in general with things like random encounters and random traps like D&D has so you can't sleep through a dungeon. Perhaps even some random secret doors that give an optional fight for a little extra loot. This would make rogues a little more desirable these days allowing them to hunt for secret doors and traps as the party travels through a dungeon.

The traps could wipe the party if sprung or perhaps give the party a small debuff for a few minutes that would make play a little more annoying. Not something that would make it impossible to complete the dungeon without finding them but enough to make rogues a little more entertaining and to add some spice to the adventure. There are ways to make the game more of a challenge than just making complex boss mechanics.

Just some thoughts.
    Don't base your argument around fights in LFR. They are intentionally dumbed down so random groups can get through.

Expect 5.2 LFR to have more meaningful mechanics with the introduction of the wipe buff.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Regarding topic presented by OP - I think Blizzard are aware of this, it's definitely true that the game has become very stale since around the launch of Cata and I would imagine they thought they could squeeze out another expansion in same vein without losing too many players. Now the next expansion is very important and I honestly think we will see some massive changes, finally. Remember, they know best about their market, they will have all kinds of stats that we could only dream of seeing or knowing about and they would see that people are - in general - bored and leaving the game.

Bring it on Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I stopped reading afterwards. You are not entitled to an opinion regarding what wow misses / does not miss / should or should not have, if your highest-rated activity in wow is resumed to just LFR.
    It's like the fox that couldn't get to the apples, but said they are bad anyway...that's a "nono" sir.
    hehe it's funny I had that kind of guy in a guild, he took a break from WoW 2 weeks ago, and was complaining how WoW become easy and Blizzard will do it even easier in 5.2 (he reffered to nerfs to T14 incoming). The thing is he wasn't even in one of our raiding teams, he never stepped inside normal raiding, not to mention hc, all he did was some LFR from time to time. WTF is wrong with some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why fix what isn't broken?
    I'm pretty sure that EA took this approach with COD, now most of the fps genre has been nicknamed spunkgargleweewee by reviewers due to it.

stagnation is the result of that approach, and that is not a good thing. like was said in AC brotherhood "history is the study of change, the study of life. when things become stagnate, that means they're dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    I'm pretty sure that EA took this approach with COD, now most of the fps genre has been nicknamed spunkgargleweewee by reviewers due to it.

stagnation is the result of that approach, and that is not a good thing. like was said in AC brotherhood "history is the study of change, the study of life. when things become stagnate, that means they're dead."
    Yet the last CoD game made a billion dollars. I ask again why fix what isn't broken?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet the last CoD game made a billion dollars. I ask again why fix what isn't broken?
    because that's stagnation, when things stagnate, everything else starts to look better after a while (by the way it was the last CoD game that started this nickname, that and warfighter)

you can look at all sorts of examples from history, you get a utopia where everything is perfect there? shortly later someone comes by to destroy it because you stopped growing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

-jumping puzzles (gw2)
    HELL NO!!

-racing vehicles (with canons to destroy other competitors) with tracks similar to ones in trackmania (ok, maybe I went too far..but it would be cool )
    just play Mario Kart then...
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    I disagree, there's only so much you can do with a "25/10 characters vs a boss" and a lot of it has already been done, movement, gauntlets, timed events, vehicles (meh) etc etc.

When it comes to LFR, I solo tanked the entirety of Terrace last night in DPS gear, 40 stacks off Lei Shi? NO PROBLEM - That's not raiding. We're still wiping on Blade Lord 10HC even though we massively outgear it because people are failing on mechanics and it's those mechanics and how unforgiving they can be that makes me love this game.

Personally tier14 (and MoP in general) has rekindled my love of raiding - I haven't had this much fun since vanilla and naxx40.

Sorry, just cause it made a billion dollars does not mean it is NOT broken.

CoD might be one of the worst games out there... it's just a bunch of fan boys playing the same game every year.

CoD is broken, trust me.

Deleted
    -jumping puzzles (gw2)
    People couldn't even jump from a small edge to another in old Wailing Caverns...

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    People couldn't even jump from a small edge to another in old Wailing Caverns...
    Black Fathom Deeps as well.

I think the Dungeon Guide is a catch twenty-two. On the one hand it's nice to know what's going on beforehand and having LFR individuals who haven't done the fight able to easily access information about the boss' tendencies. Then again, there was something to be said about events such as the Opera fight in Karazhan where there were different ways of approaching the sequence and trial and error played largely into the outcome.

Then again, if the Dungeon Guide wasn't in the game people would just go to Wowhead or something analogous anyways. That being said, I do miss a bit of the mystery behind certain boss fights back in the day -- but the game today is less forgiving. If you wipe once your raid will most likely give up if you're not in an established guild.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Black Fathom Deeps as well.
    Who does the jumping maze in BFD? There's a much better path up the side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    WC jump was easy, do you remember all that failures in Blackfathom Deeps?