Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So Oondasta was made to be defeated with the new faction tagging...

Reading the dungeon journal for Oondasta I was uneasy, in thinking how can such a boss be beaten. His abilities look surely like a mandatory wipe. And now Blizzard answered:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, Nalak; although, keep in mind Nalak unlocks with the island’s server progression, so it’s something to look forward to.
    So....yes, Oondasta is meant to wipe a Raid, where the second raid,taking advantage of the faction tag should assume the fight, while the first raid recompose itself, preparing to take on the wipe of their pairs.

I wonder how low pop realms will work. And I don't dare to think how PvP will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Reading the dungeon journal for Oondasta I was uneasy, in thinking how can such a boss be beaten. His abilities look surely like a mandatory wipe. And now Blizzard answered:
    It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, Nalak; although, keep in mind Nalak unlocks with the island’s server progression, so it’s something to look forward to.
    So....yes, Oondasta is meant to wipe a Raid, where the second raid,taking advantage of the faction tag should assume the fight, while the first raid recompose itself, preparing to take on the wipe of their pairs.

I wonder how low pop realms will work. And I don't dare to think how PvP will do it.
    I'm curious as to what his loot table is. For such a difficult boss there should be heightened rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Ridiculous damage and taunt-proof... Maybe I can finally catch the 2nd world boss this tier after work if it's not dead yet. I haven't seen Galleon since leveling in the 2nd day of MoP

I don't think it's meant to wipe a raid, that would be a silly "mechanic". I think it's just saying "you may need a 40 man group, or 2 40 man groups"
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    ilevel 526
    WTFH!!???
    Be scared,be very scared.

P.S.: There's a way for a thread author to change the title? Just noticed I used the wrong tense, MAKE instead of MADE.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    I don't think it's meant to wipe a raid, that would be a silly "mechanic". I think it's just saying "you may need a 40 man group, or 2 40 man groups"
    But did you see the jumping fire damage? I don't think it's possible to survive that.

Agreed. Blizzard's just making it known that Oondasta is no joke. [Insert "You are not prepared" joke here.]

But did you see the jumping fire damage? I don't think it's possible to survive that.
    I did, but I'm sure some crazy numbers will be happening once people are geared out in Thunderforged Heroic gear. Plus elite guilds are always bound to find some creative use of mechanics
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I did, but I'm sure some crazy numbers will be happening once people are geared out in Thunderforged Heroic gear. Plus elite guilds are always bound to find some creative use of mechanics
    Well, probably true. But I still worried about ONE THING even if you're totally right and my numbers are totally dismissed.

The need of a second 40-man raid in the same space. Most people have their computers locking a lot already in the Sha fight, due to the massive amount of stuff happening around.

How it will be with 80 people on your fight log?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, it's interesting that they're adding such a tough world boss. It seems his difficulty is out of my league, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Also, this faction tagging mechanic applies to Sha and Galleon as well, or just the new 5.2 bosses? Hopefully all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people have their computers locking a lot already in the Sha fight, due to the massive amount of stuff happening around.
    You can't be serious. If anybody has that much issues, they have to scale their WoW graphics down a notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of skeletons around this boss gonna be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I have to say, it's interesting that they're adding such a tough world boss. It seems his difficulty is out of my league, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Also, this faction tagging mechanic applies to Sha and Galleon as well, or just the new 5.2 bosses? Hopefully all of them.
    Galleon and Sha will have the faction tagging system as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Agreed, I am a very good player, yet without a heroic raiding guild I don't think I'm gonna get my fair chance at some of them epix. What's the design philosophy here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Agreed, I am a very good player, yet without a heroic raiding guild I don't think I'm gonna get my fair chance at some of them epix. What's the design philosophy here?
    Do you feel the same way about heroic raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Galleon and Sha will have the faction tagging system as well.
    Thanks

Well, to be fair, with the faction tagging system, you don't really need such a guild. If you happen to find a raid (or two raids, aparently) doing the boss successfully, just help them even without joining the groups and you'll still get loot. The disadvantage here is that you don't actually feel like you're contributing to downing the boss since you're not coordenating with everyone else, but it will yield you loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

When you see a heroic guild doing it just run up and pew pew with em, Voilà free epics.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks

Well, to be fair, with the faction tagging system, you don't really need such a guild. If you happen to find a raid (or two raids, aparently) doing the boss successfully, just help them even without joining the groups and you'll still get loot. The disadvantage here is that you don't actually feel like you're contributing to downing the boss since you're not coordenating with everyone else, but it will yield you loot.
    Meh, leeching. I'd like a challenge but having to find a heroic guild just to do a world boss seems a bit far fetched to me. I simply don't have the time to invest into a heroic guild anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Do you feel the same way about heroic raids?
    For raids atleast you have normal mode and LFR. I wouldn't mind investing time IF I still had it. I've been playing since Vanilla, and I like the direction the game went so far. The original Naxxramas was a nightmare to farm consumables for let alone the mindless grinding it was. I think having all content accessible for everybody even though it isn't at the same difficulty was the best thing Blizzard ever implemented. This new world boss doesn't really fit in if you ask me, heroic guilds will already have their extra heroic-only boss in tier 15.

You can't be serious. If anybody has that much issues, they have to scale their WoW graphics down a notch.
    Yes, I'm serious. Not everyone have a top end gaming system, living in the vicinity of the data center. Even with graphics at minimum, there are systems that crash, and connections that can't hold the communication.

I think you need to say hello to Oceania or Southern Argentina.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    When you see a heroic guild doing it just run up and pew pew with em, Voilà free epics.
    Sorry but it's so true that deserved a LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Forgot that possibility of fun. It'll rock.

Considering that with such concentration of people you computer don't get to 0.03 FPS.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-02-11 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may need heroic guild to kill it but everyone on your faction can get tag so there can be 100s of people there if you want. Feel sorry for low pop realms they will never get to kill it. Which seems a dumb mistake by blizzard. Also if your computer can't handle sha with wows graphics its about time you upgraded.
    Aye mate